Amit / Mittals takeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amit / Mittals takeover

Apologies for stating the obvious but what is Amit Bhatia gaining from becoming chairman?

With just 3% shares I'd say absolutely nothing which makes me think a possible takeover is on the cards.

Why on on earth would he take on a role just for the title of chairman? If anything it's a poison chalice.

I have a sneaky feeling this is the start of a change of ownership. OOC not appearing to be viable, new stadium not happening and to expensive for already financially damaged Fernandes and Warren Farm dogged with issues. I think the current regime have had their fill and are preparing their exit.

Amit and the Mittals are what a lot of us wanted over Fernandes so personally I hope this happens.

Yes it will still take a long time to turn things around but I'd feel a lot happier with AB at the helm over this bungling idiot we currently have steering the ship into oblivion.

Opinions?

If they was going to take over,would of done it when the dwarf sold and I don't mean gregor
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Rumours at the time that they didn’t want to sell to Mittals and gave TF an inflated price which he surprise surprise snapped up.

Comment

Crossed my mind a few threads ago.

"Sorry, just thinking that through what if?

The Mittals have allowed the dilution of their shareholding - let the know-alls take the club "forward", and watched the "know-all's" pump their wealth into the club in the hope they could really take the club forward.

It hasn't turned out that way, so they put in a cheeky bid? To invest at minimum cost into a club now free of the sceptre of the old FFP sanctions. (Hence the current owners paying that off over 10 years)

What if they are the "Consortium". OK their wealth can't magically transform the constraints on spending, but they can influence the running of the club on conservative, commercial lines,and put it on a sound footing"

Comment

Jimmy. Said the same myself last week as the value of the club is much lower than when Fernandes bought us. Also why would long term Fernandes stand down to a bloke who owns 3% of the club. Makes sense to me and would welcome the family with open arms.

Comment

Why would the Mittals want to take over a fading force with the shackles of FFP, no chance of a stadium in London and little chance of ever bouncing back to prominence?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Why would the Mittals want to take over a fading force with the shackles of FFP, no chance of a stadium in London and little chance of ever bouncing back to prominence?
              Have you ever considered a career in Marketing?

Comment

Bit cheaper now to buy us

Comment

Could it be that they would be able to convince the right people to allow us to build a stadium? I am sure they have huge influence in West London so that may swing it? They will also be getting it at a very very low price which could tempt them.

Comment

Can’t see it myself I think this another of TFs moves to please the fans he knows we hold Amit in high regard. Also why on earth would the Mittals want to buy us? We are screwed due to ffp, less and less punters are coming through the door thus giving us less money we can spend, the ground as much as we love it is out of date and not fit for purpose. We are hardly an exciting business prospect

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      Can’t see it myself I think this another of TFs moves to please the fans he knows we hold Amit in high regard. Also why on earth would the Mittals want to buy us?
                      1) Doesn’t matter what TF thinks. Amit Bhatia is no fool. He wouldn’t allow himself or his good name to be used to get Fernandes an easy time, not a chance in hell.

2) Regardless of our current situation we are a London club, own our ground & people have different visions for the future and at a possibly low price. I’d actually say we’re a very attractive proposition personally.

Comment

Briatore and Bernie picked us up for just over a million plus the ABC loan and turned us around. The other point is Fernandes has done his ###### and has nithing left to burn as no chance he can recoup his outlay.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Briatore and Bernie picked us up for just over a million plus the ABC loan and turned us around. The other point is Fernandes has done his ###### and has nithing left to burn as no chance he can recoup his outlay.
                          Will depend on Ruben, he’s been the money man of late and major shareholder

Comment

Shown massive interest has Ruben.

Comment

Been to the ground about 3 times

Comment

Working...
                              X