Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone who still thinks we're not in a relegation scrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally think everyone's in a Relegation scrap until they have enough points on the board to breathe easy. And that is a long long way from now, particularly if you embrace six loses in a row. Any team can suffer a complete breakdown in form anytime in the season. You're not safe until you're safe. And even the big teams face total capitulation and lose by a tennis score occasionally.

Not a good start and cause for concern, but too early to call the outcome, and certainly too early for suggestions of oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

I disagree Rebs - it's not 'blatantly clear' we'll be involved in a relegation slap, it's far too early to tell. What I think is clear is that is going to take time for McClaren to get everything right, but we have a decent squad of players which will be added to with loans and I believe he will get it right.

We knew this was going to be another difficult season and when we looked at the fixture list we knew it was a very tough start. In a sense you could say it's good we got that horror show out of the way so soon. Hopefully now necessary changes will be made. What I am concerned about is things like the manager believing he has to be supportive of his no.1 for example, and continuing to play Ingram, citing the usual confidence issue if you drop a keeper after a game like we've just had. I think a manager has to be ruthless when necessary. Similarly, I really want to see Wszolek play ASAP, he's a far better player than BOS IMO. Also, I think the players need to sharpen up all round, which is down to training. But if all this is addressed I see no reason why we can't do ok (i.e. finish mid-table) this season. The thing is, it's going to take time to get going, and it seems something most of our fans have little of is patience.
      i think fans have been very patient considering the last few years and they are not is quite frankly astonishing.

given the poor decisions one after another by our illustrious board they the fsns have niw every right to impatient !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post

I disagree Rebs - it's not 'blatantly clear' we'll be involved in a relegation slap, it's far too early to tell. What I think is clear is that is going to take time for McClaren to get everything right, but we have a decent squad of players which will be added to with loans and I believe he will get it right.

We knew this was going to be another difficult season and when we looked at the fixture list we knew it was a very tough start. In a sense you could say it's good we got that horror show out of the way so soon. Hopefully now necessary changes will be made. What I am concerned about is things like the manager believing he has to be supportive of his no.1 for example, and continuing to play Ingram, citing the usual confidence issue if you drop a keeper after a game like we've just had. I think a manager has to be ruthless when necessary. Similarly, I really want to see Wszolek play ASAP, he's a far better player than BOS IMO. Also, I think the players need to sharpen up all round, which is down to training. But if all this is addressed I see no reason why we can't do ok (i.e. finish mid-table) this season. The thing is, it's going to take time to get going, and it seems something most of our fans have little of is patience.
        You make valid points tbf. I also think we should give McClaren more time, we have no choice in the matter anyway.I'm pesimistic by nature (dont tell anyone),losing the first 3 games doesn't surprise me in the slightest, losing 7-1 did.
        my prediction stays the same,even if we win against bristol city ,we face a season long battle to stay out of the bottom 3.I don't expect our board to deliver the correct players needed on loan to make a difference to our situation, in fact I'd be amazed if they come up trumps.
        I agree McClaren needs to drop players but I don't think the alternative players will change our predicament.
        I would grab gleefully 4th from bottom spot if offered here and now and like sir Les has admitted, that would be regarded as a successful season .

Comment

Can we stay out of the bottom three with Ingram and lynch in our first team.

Comment

Is there anyone who still thinks we're not in a relegation scrap?

Depends what you call a scrap? Don't think we could even sting like a butterfly but we can sink like a bee loaded down with FFP lead weights and a management team pushing our heads under water and pretending to the outside world everything's now under control.

Comment

Having said all that I've said, reading this is ####ing scary: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/member...on-twitter/#80

Comment

Any real fan should read that and work out how bad things are at Rangers. Total disaster in the making.

Comment

Whilst I realise things are not in a great way, I also remember Richard Keys ranting on about us after Hughes was sacked but nothing ever came to light then let’s hope it doesn’t again this time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Any real fan should read that and work out how bad things are at Rangers. Total disaster in the making.
                    I have already read it which is a relief as I would hate to not be a real fan.

Comment

Have said from the start I thought we'd be in trouble nothings changed at the club except the manager, who I wont knock yet as I believe he's been bought in to bring the youngsters through, we'll soon see how good he is at doing that, and then defeats the object by letting Manning go out on loan , Schteve has had championship experience although not that good, but should know how hard it is to get quality in at this level especially with our budget

Comment

Not bother you CCJ?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Yes, me.

Always thought we’d be in top 10, as I was expecting adequate replacements for those that had left, along with a striker by now.

Unfortunately, the board have taken the riskiest possible approach to transfers and loans as they have done in each of the last few years.

But, no. Absolutely no chance of relegation. Might end up about 14th/15th due to the incompetence of our recruitment strategy. A couple of wins changes everything. Yesterday’s second half was horrific, admittedly. But we were unlucky not to have got something from the first two games. Pretty sure things will look a lot different in a month or so.

I stand to be ridiculed if they don’t.
                          Tbh I am glad you've come out with this belief. You and Stanley along with west bored us all to tears about how better off we will be once Ollie's sacking took place. I just really hope you're right but I just don't see it. Not a massive Ollie fan but he is exactly the type of manager we need at current. I just pray we stay up more so for you lot who have pushed hard for the sacking. Definitely going to lose 20% will to win and grit and you wanted easy on the eye flowing football that may take us down. Hope I am wrong and we can turn it around but good you stick to your guns. Some of the anti Ollie are changing their opinion far to quickly.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Pretty sure we were in a relegation scrap 5 out of the last 7 seasons as well, so not sure another one would be a surprise for anyone!
                            The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                              Corbs it's not looking good mate
                              Need more than a couple of signings
                              About 5 roughly
                              Fans will stop going...No Atmosphere...Team not good enough
                              I really can't cope with us being relegated again mate
                              Its a really serious situation
                              Ferdinand needs to take some responsibility as we as Tony
                              Total Shambles if your a happy clapper or a negative nancy.
                              Very Worried .
                              the club has been in downfall ever since he came in to advise Tony in October 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Tbh I am glad you've come out with this belief. You and Stanley along with west bored us all to tears about how better off we will be once Ollie's sacking took place. I just really hope you're right but I just don't see it. Not a massive Ollie fan but he is exactly the type of manager we need at current. I just pray we stay up more so for you lot who have pushed hard for the sacking. Definitely going to lose 20% will to win and grit and you wanted easy on the eye flowing football that may take us down. Hope I am wrong and we can turn it around but good you stick to your guns. Some of the anti Ollie are changing their opinion far to quickly.
                                I hope I’m right too mate.

Just can’t quite get my head around the ridiculous criticism of SM so soon. We weren’t realistically in with a chance of going up this season. So if we improve our final position along with noticeable change to our playing style and tactics, I’ll be resaonably happy.

I surprised myself with no ranting on Saturday. Probably just due to the wife being out and the cat not understanding football much more than her.

Comment

Working...
                                X