Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone who still thinks we're not in a relegation scrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebel. No chance we will be in a scrap as that shower of shite yesterday will not scrap for anything. WE ARE BANG IN TROUBLE

Comment

Yes, me.

Always thought we’d be in top 10, as I was expecting adequate replacements for those that had left, along with a striker by now.

Unfortunately, the board have taken the riskiest possible approach to transfers and loans as they have done in each of the last few years.

But, no. Absolutely no chance of relegation. Might end up about 14th/15th due to the incompetence of our recruitment strategy. A couple of wins changes everything. Yesterday’s second half was horrific, admittedly. But we were unlucky not to have got something from the first two games. Pretty sure things will look a lot different in a month or so.

I stand to be ridiculed if they don’t.

Comment

Brighton. With Ingram in goal and lynch at centre half you think 14th or 15th? We are dreadful and are desperately short of experience and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Brighton. With Ingram in goal and lynch at centre half you think 14th or 15th? We are dreadful and are desperately short of experience and quality.
          Yes mate, I genuinely think we’ll be fine. Not the type to panic over a couple of unlucky results and one shocking 45 mins.

Believe me, I’m every bit as frustrated and angry as anybody as to how we have gone about building this season’s squad. Just prefer to remain positive. Doing things differentl in pursuit of long term improvements will inevitably have hiccups, although I can fully understand why some are concerned by what happened second half.

Comment

Brighton. I respect your opinion and thats what the board is all about. Me I would take 4th from bottom right now. Not a single bit of fight in those players and noticed after sheff utd's 2 goals last week.

Comment

Of course there are going to be some who will say "we will be fine" "win our next game (and evertone else loses) we will be not far from midtable" "no need to panic we won't be involved in a relegation battle,I feel it in my bones"......actually good that there are still some very optomistic posters on this board,otherwise it would be very depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Brighton. I respect your opinion and thats what the board is all about. Me I would take 4th from bottom right now. Not a single bit of fight in those players and noticed after sheff utd's 2 goals last week.
                Totally agree mate. Fully respect the opinions of others.

We certainly need to toughen up as a squad and find ways to influence referees better. Quite how fouls in the box on Matt Smith and others are ignored, yet Sheffield get a penalty for a genuine challenge, is beyond me. We really do need to take advantage of our opportunities when they eventually come though.

Comment

If no loans come in that will give everyone a clear indication of the severity of our situation as reinforcements are desperately needed and now.

Comment

3-1 now to be relegated . Were 6-1 at start of season.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                      3-1 now to be relegated . Were 6-1 at start of season.
                      Scrap that. Now 9-4.

Comment

Scrap that. Now 9-4.
                        Still 3 teams with shorter odds... even after yesterday's shower of poo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Your right,we aren't in a relegation scrap right now,impossible to be after just games,even after losing 7-1......but what most are saying is that it is blatantly clear that we WILL be involved in the relegation scrap. It is possible we could bounce back and have a great season,likewise it's possible Fulham could win the premiership, possible but extremely unlikely.
                          I disagree Rebs - it's not 'blatantly clear' we'll be involved in a relegation slap, it's far too early to tell. What I think is clear is that is going to take time for McClaren to get everything right, but we have a decent squad of players which will be added to with loans and I believe he will get it right.

We knew this was going to be another difficult season and when we looked at the fixture list we knew it was a very tough start. In a sense you could say it's good we got that horror show out of the way so soon. Hopefully now necessary changes will be made. What I am concerned about is things like the manager believing he has to be supportive of his no.1 for example, and continuing to play Ingram, citing the usual confidence issue if you drop a keeper after a game like we've just had. I think a manager has to be ruthless when necessary. Similarly, I really want to see Wszolek play ASAP, he's a far better player than BOS IMO. Also, I think the players need to sharpen up all round, which is down to training. But if all this is addressed I see no reason why we can't do ok (i.e. finish mid-table) this season. The thing is, it's going to take time to get going, and it seems something most of our fans have little of is patience.

Comment

Scrap that. Now 9-4.
                            Couple of wins and those odds totally change. They mean absolutely nothing at present

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Yes, me.

Always thought we’d be in top 10, as I was expecting adequate replacements for those that had left, along with a striker by now.

Unfortunately, the board have taken the riskiest possible approach to transfers and loans as they have done in each of the last few years.

But, no. Absolutely no chance of relegation. Might end up about 14th/15th due to the incompetence of our recruitment strategy. A couple of wins changes everything. Yesterday’s second half was horrific, admittedly. But we were unlucky not to have got something from the first two games. Pretty sure things will look a lot different in a month or so.

I stand to be ridiculed if they don’t.
                              This is pretty much how I see it. End of last season I said we'd be top half comfortably with added addition's, but for what ever strange reason boards not gone down that road. Maybe a mix of a new manager and TF stepping down had something to do with it, who farking knows. But still, results aside still far to early of talk of relegation imo.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

we're going to lack
                                real confidence after the 7 goal humiliation , i played for the church team when i was 10/11 we used to lose every week and before every game we'd talk about how many goals we would ship . i played for a pub side that went unbeaten in the league for the whole season we had the belief , togetherness , strength , passion and drive even when we we were 2 goals down in some games to turn them around and win . i don't see any leaders out on the pitch , you can have all the coaching in the world but if don't have the mental strength to dig deep and stand together when it's backs to the wall then u are fkd , i watched the wba goals we're all over the place , no tackles going in , players woefully out of position , no marking / jockeying i could go on , we need to find some winners and find them fast or the rot spreads , let's have it right no way should we be shipping 7 goals that's letting the opposition take the pi$$

Comment

Working...
                                X