No announcement yet.

Changes for Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arts I dropped my head yesterday when mass won the ball high up and slipped ball through for Smith to run onto. End of move and perfect example why were so toothless going forwards with him up top

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Arts I dropped my head yesterday when mass won the ball high up and slipped ball through for Smith to run onto. End of move and perfect example why were so toothless going forwards with him up top
      Yeah remember that, but so many times we won the ball and broke at pace got to the final third and it ended back up with Ingram. Smith or Sylla do not give the outlet we need

Comment

Lumley
        Kakay BadFG Baptiste Bidwell
        Wszolek Scowen Cousins (last chance saloon) BOS
        Smith Smyth.

Freeman and Luongo need a rocket up the a ss, so need dropping. I can't tell you how painful it is to pick Cousins. I'd be tempted to play the Man U kid who went on loan to Rangers. Ingram is out because a keeper needs to be able to kick the ball.....

Comment

Play Pawel down the middle as at least he can move and he can finish. Baptiste for lynch and Lumley for Ingram.

Comment

Lumley must be given the next 2 games to show what he can do before bringing in any loan keeper. We had 2 good young keepers ready to step up a few games ago. Can't write them both off already.

Comment

Brian. Never been convinced by Ingram

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Brian. Never been convinced by Ingram
                Yeah, me neither but he had to be given a chance at some stage. Think he cost around 800k and was highly rated at Wycombe.

Comment

Say no more Wycombe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Yeah, me neither but he had to be given a chance at some stage. Think he cost around 800k and was highly rated at Wycombe.
                    I think he’s had a chance and shown he’s not up to it. I can kind of get my head round him not being able to pick a pass and would say to him play safe and clear your lines and we pick up the crumbs, but the rest of his game is #### poor too so why invest anymore time in him when you can see he’s not up to it

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      We need a win and I would go with the following -

lumley

rangel Leinster Hall bidwell

wsolev scowen luongo smyth/Samuel

Eze

Sylla

we can’t afford to have two luxury players in the first 11 right now in Eze and Freeman. I’d drop Luke and bring in people who want to graft.

Sylla is still our most natural goal scorer and I’d bring smith on second half.

think there’s also a argument as crazy as it sounds to play Washington on the left. At least he chases everything and works his Butt off.
                      Didn't go didn't see any of it so can't cast an opinion on yesterday , but can't see where Freeman doesn't graft

Comment

Been thinking about our line up and it clear he wants to replicate his play off team with a 433 but the problem is yesterday he went with Eze and Freeman as the wide 2 in the front 3 , this was always gonna be a mess , at derby he had Ward and Russell as his front wide forwards not spectacular but hard working got back help there fullbacks , against Sheff Utd Smyth really helped Kakay but on the other side Eze didn’t help Bidwell, it we gonna keep with this formation he has to go pav and Smyth or bos I know it hard to believe but I think he hoping Goss is he link player I think giving him the no 6 shirt is very telling

I go
                        Ingram
                        kakay bfg Baptiste Bidwell
                        Scowen mass eze
                        pav Sylla bos or Smyth

Comment

I meant Lumley

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Mate I get sentiment but no. You saw today we simply can’t afford to have players in side who are unable or unwilling to work hard we’re not good enough for that. If he plays up top he absolutely 100% needs to work hard and close down CB not giving them minute on the ball. NO PASSENGERS. Not having this rubbish he’s up top so role not vital that’s crap, modern day sides start the attack from the defence so the attacker is first wall of defence

I have had enough of this attitude amongst fans since Adel of if your talented you don’t have to work hard!!! can we not see that don’t work for us.
                            Sure, keep the pressure on a CB. That's a lot different to spotting the overlap and tracking back with him. A lot to learn but occupying a defender who is unlikely to go forward should be well within his game. And the ball is likely to stick with him when we punt it up aimlessly.

Comment

This fella Martin he is said to be after I can't recall him what type of player is ? Is he the Bobby Zamora type ?

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                                We had nothing in the final third in open play, several times when we broke it fizzled out due to no one running the channels. The only forward we have that can do that imo is Washington as he showed against Peterborough in the cup ( they are only 3 places below us!) So I would go with

Lumley
                                Kakay - BFG - Baptiste - Bidwell
                                Scowen - Cousins
                                Smyth - Freeman - Pav
                                Washington
                                Artful- I like the look of this for Tuesday although would have Eze in at number 10 instead of Freeman.

Freeman and Loungo are not currently deserving of starting, whilst Scowen just about makes it, probably because we just shipped Manning off on loan who id have replaced him with. All three look worryingly unfit to me with a horrible balance to the side.

Pace is an absolutely a must out wide in Pav and Smyth and up top id also go with Washington as Smith or Sylla up there, alone, is no longer an option. Worked well against P’Boro hope it serves us well Tues and gives us something different even if he doesn’t score per se

Comment

Working...
                                X