• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strikers Eze Sylla
    Wingers. Wzolek. Freeman
    Midfield Cousins Scowen
    Defence. Bidewell. Baptiste. Rangel. Hall

Comment

Rangel and Hall are not fit - Kakay has shown enough to persevere with and would benefit from Wzolek in front of him

Freeman too much of a show pony - would rather see Smyth or BOS left wing

Comment

drop ingram , lynch , bidwell

Comment

drop all of them and play the mid 70s side even if they are all in there 60s-70s class is permanent form is temporary, well with this squad class is temporary and form is permanent.

Comment

Lumley
            Rangel Leinstner Baptiste Bidwell
            Wzsolek Cousins Scowen Freeman
            Smyth Smith

With Boz and Eze coming in later in the match. Kakay needs a rest, not his fault that we lost - but anyway.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              We need a win and I would go with the following -

lumley

rangel Leinster Hall bidwell

wsolev scowen luongo smyth/Samuel

Eze

Sylla

we can’t afford to have two luxury players in the first 11 right now in Eze and Freeman. I’d drop Luke and bring in people who want to graft.

Sylla is still our most natural goal scorer and I’d bring smith on second half.

think there’s also a argument as crazy as it sounds to play Washington on the left. At least he chases everything and works his Butt off.
              Sylla is still our most natural striker? There lies the main problem. He's woeful.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Can’t play that front two Lincs way to inexperienced and would get bullied by proper CB
                I would try this - Eze up top - because as you have rightly said Eze doesn't help the full back. I don't want him left out given how poor we are so play him where his role isn't so vital when we don't have the ball. He'd be a handful further forward and would certainly win free kicks. Let's not play EITHER a winger OR a centre forward, lets play both for a change. Balls in the box to a big lump and a tricky player worth trying.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                  drop all of them and play the mid 70s side even if they are all in there 60s-70s class is permanent form is temporary, well with this squad class is temporary and form is permanent.
                  Ha! its like when Pele was asked if the Brazil 1970 side would beat the current Argentina side he said yes 1-0 ..the interviewer said only 1-0 ..you where the greatest team to play the game ..and pele replied ...yes but we are all over 70 now!

but in terms of a team for tuesday -

INGRAM - The keeper has to go..so dodgy not just with is distribution but in his Parrying of shots - nearly always back into the danger area rather than away - touch of the sieb Dykstras about him.
                  LYNCH - a disaster waiting to happen.

other than that our lack of strength in depth means we can't change too much .

but Pav on the wing and Sylla up front should bring us goals,

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

I would try this - Eze up top - because as you have rightly said Eze doesn't help the full back. I don't want him left out given how poor we are so play him where his role isn't so vital when we don't have the ball. He'd be a handful further forward and would certainly win free kicks. Let's not play EITHER a winger OR a centre forward, lets play both for a change. Balls in the box to a big lump and a tricky player worth trying.
                    Mate I get sentiment but no. You saw today we simply can’t afford to have players in side who are unable or unwilling to work hard we’re not good enough for that. If he plays up top he absolutely 100% needs to work hard and close down CB not giving them minute on the ball. NO PASSENGERS. Not having this rubbish he’s up top so role not vital that’s crap, modern day sides start the attack from the defence so the attacker is first wall of defence

I have had enough of this attitude amongst fans since Adel of if your talented you don’t have to work hard!!! can we not see that don’t work for us.

Comment

i bet mclaren is pulling his hair out this m'ng with what to go with on tuesday , every team selection has it's problems .... he needs to find 11 that will run themselves into the ground for the cause before the rot sets in

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Mate I get sentiment but no. You saw today we simply can’t afford to have players in side who are unable or unwilling to work hard we’re not good enough for that. If he plays up top he absolutely 100% needs to work hard and close down CB not giving them minute on the ball. NO PASSENGERS. Not having this rubbish he’s up top so role not vital that’s crap, modern day sides start the attack from the defence so the attacker is first wall of defence

I have had enough of this attitude amongst fans since Adel of if your talented you don’t have to work hard!!! can we not see that don’t work for us.

All our great teams have had exactly that though, right back to Bowles, Stainrod , John Byrne, Through to Adel ...the difference with those teams is there was always a hod carrier in the team to do the extra leg work. we don't have that in this team...Scowen thinks he is some sort of Pirlo who can sit in front of the back four. Mass is still in some sort of post world cup depression and Freeman is dreaming of his step overs ...we have no Derry or Holloway , francis etc to do the graft. every game we give the freedom of centre midfield to the opposition.

our tactics have become so easy for the opposition - a bit of ticky tacky amongst the centre halves the midfield split like the red sea to the wings and then we hoof the ball up to what ever lump is playing up top!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          i bet mclaren is pulling his hair out this m'ng with what to go with on tuesday , every team selection has it's problems .... he needs to find 11 that will run themselves into the ground for the cause before the rot sets in
                          Unless you Eze apparently he’s allowed to stroll about if he’s up top

Agree everyone one of those k ants needs to leave everything on the pitch Tuesday anything less is not on

Comment

That’s my point 3 this side can’t afford to carry players as we don’t have the dogs of war to do there job for them. Until we do afraid you bite down and dig in or in my book you don’t play.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              i bet mclaren is pulling his hair out
                              That would be a poor decision..although maybe he should pull that bit at the front out.

Comment

We had nothing in the final third in open play, several times when we broke it fizzled out due to no one running the channels. The only forward we have that can do that imo is Washington as he showed against Peterborough in the cup ( they are only 3 places below us!) So I would go with

Lumley
                                Kakay - BFG - Baptiste - Bidwell
                                Scowen - Cousins
                                Smyth - Freeman - Pav
                                Washington

Comment

Working...
                                X