Changes for Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes for Tuesday

Baptiste for Lynch - yes, he's ancient and slow, but still more composed on the ball and intelligent than that great big clumsy oaf.
    Rangel for Kakay - the youngster has shown a few promising signs, but against a team like Bristol City we need experience (particularly after such an embarrassing defeat, which is bound to knock Kakay's confidence)
    Lumley for Ingram - after that inept performance, Ingram has got to be dropped. Give Lumley a chance. Surely he's not going to be worse?
    Wswolek for Cousins - I don't understand why Pawel is being left out. He is one of our best players (as he showed last season away at Fulham) and always contributes defensively, tracking back and getting stuck in. Cousins is simply dreadful.
    Smyth for Scowen/Luongo - both Scowen and Luongo have been poor. Drop one of them and put two up front. Smyth at least has pace and energy.

Oh and stop telling our defenders, who don't have any skill or technique, to play tippy tappy football around the penalty area. The tactics are totally inappropriate for the players at our disposal. It's like asking Patrick Agyemang to be a deep-lying playmaker. Just don't do it.

Make these changes and we just might be competitive on Tuesday night (although without new loan signings, we're always going to struggle).

Only thing I would disagree with is cousins. He was good first half never really put a foot wrong. Mass and Scowen have had plenty of chances to shine time to give someone else a chance

Lynch I am starting to hate with a passion arguably one of the worst defenders I have watched in the hoops

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
      Baptiste for Lynch - yes, he's ancient and slow, but still more composed on the ball and intelligent than that great big clumsy oaf.
      Rangel for Kakay - the youngster has shown a few promising signs, but against a team like Bristol City we need experience (particularly after such an embarrassing defeat, which is bound to knock Kakay's confidence)
      Lumley for Ingram - after that inept performance, Ingram has got to be dropped. Give Lumley a chance. Surely he's not going to be worse?
      Wswolek for Cousins - I don't understand why Pawel is being left out. He is one of our best players (as he showed last season away at Fulham) and always contributes defensively, tracking back and getting stuck in. Cousins is simply dreadful.
      Smyth for Scowen/Luongo - both Scowen and Luongo have been poor. Drop one of them and put two up front. Smyth at least has pace and energy.

Oh and stop telling our defenders, who don't have any skill or technique, to play tippy tappy football around the penalty area. The tactics are totally inappropriate for the players at our disposal. It's like asking Patrick Agyemang to be a deep-lying playmaker. Just don't do it.

Make these changes and we just might be competitive on Tuesday night (although without new loan signings, we're always going to struggle).
      Drop the axe on Ingram, Lynch, Bidwell, Cousins, Smith and one of Scowen or Lunogo and play a simple 4-4-2 with the following (as I'm pretty certain ZERO other loans will come in before Tues)

Lumley

Kakay
      Leistner
      Hall (got to be worth the risk, as he is a better option than Lynch and Baptiste)
      Rangell

Wszolek
      Scowen
      Freeman
      BOS

Eze
      Smyth

Comment

Can’t play that front two Lincs way to inexperienced and would get bullied by proper CB

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Drop the axe on Ingram, Lynch, Bidwell, Cousins, Smith and one of Scowen or Lunogo and play a simple 4-4-2 with the following (as I'm pretty certain ZERO other loans will come in before Tues)

Lumley

Kakay
          Leistner
          Hall (got to be worth the risk, as he is a better option than Lynch and Baptiste)
          Rangell

Wszolek
          Scowen
          Freeman
          BOS

Eze
          Smyth
          So you would play a 35 yr old right back who hasn't played in ages at left back?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Can’t play that front two Lincs way to inexperienced and would get bullied by proper CB
            I just don't know the answer then West? Maybe Smyth on the LW, BOS on the bench and hope we get either Wells or Hemed in on loan in time to play up top with Eze? Love Smith to bits, but he shouldn't be starting for us. Yes he can hold the ball up for us, win the ball in the air and is a danger at set piece, but he is so immobile and offers us little else in attack. Strikers need to be pacy to get in behind and cause defences problems. Ask any defender what they fear most in a sriker and I'm sure all would say a pacy striker as opposed to a battering ram type like Smith

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

So you would play a 35 yr old right back who hasn't played in ages at left back?
              I would Jeff yes. He is a better option in my opinion than Bidwell at LB. Just shows how weak the squad is doesn't it?

Comment

I also meant to say, let's see what Schteve comes up with on Tues. I hope for the life of me he doesn't persist with this 4-5-1 with Luongo, Scowen and Freeman all securing their mid field berths again week in week out...AND only playing 1 up front in a HOME game!!! I can see the crowd turning on him if he persists with it, the same way Holoway did. There's being stubborn and there's being downright bloody stupid, he has to realise one way or another for his own jobs sake!

Comment

I’d play:
                  Lumley
                  Bidwell
                  Leistner
                  Baptiste
                  Kakay
                  Smyth
                  Scowen
                  Luongo
                  Pav
                  Eze
                  Sylla

Comment

Iam no fan of Freeman but Luongo deserves the bench more than him.

Comment

Do think the problem here is you can’t have eze and Freeman in the same team . For all Holloway’s thoughts he knew this , take Sheff wed at home front front three of bos, Smyth and Sylla but no Eze and we tore them apart. To play both you have to move one to a wide forward role which don’t sort either Mclaren wants 433 so he gonna either have to drop one or play both as a midfield 3 but that a lot of work for Scowen and means Mas dropping out .

Comment

I’d drop Leistner aswell but we haven’t got anyone else. Thought he was absolutely shocking today. Looked like a tug boat with lead boots on

Comment

We need a win and I would go with the following -

lumley

rangel Leinster Hall bidwell

wsolev scowen luongo smyth/Samuel

Eze

Sylla

we can’t afford to have two luxury players in the first 11 right now in Eze and Freeman. I’d drop Luke and bring in people who want to graft.

Sylla is still our most natural goal scorer and I’d bring smith on second half.

think there’s also a argument as crazy as it sounds to play Washington on the left. At least he chases everything and works his Butt off.

Comment

Only thing I would disagree with is cousins. He was good first half never really put a foot wrong. Mass and Scowen have had plenty of chances to shine time to give someone else a chance

Lynch I am starting to hate with a passion arguably one of the worst defenders I have watched in the hoops
                            Disagree about Cousins. Spent most of the game out wide on the right and he's not in the same class as Pav.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                              Do think the problem here is you can’t have eze and Freeman in the same team . For all Holloway’s thoughts he knew this , take Sheff wed at home front front three of bos, Smyth and Sylla but no Eze and we tore them apart. To play both you have to move one to a wide forward role which don’t sort either Mclaren wants 433 so he gonna either have to drop one or play both as a midfield 3 but that a lot of work for Scowen and means Mas dropping out .
                              We discussed this on the train trying for both into the side. Eze is great but would like see touch more urgency in his game and to quicken up on ball when he’s on it

Comment

Working...
                              X