Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Foot in mouth
    Oh, sorry to hear rebs mate... All seriousness, I'd get in contact with the doc's though.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      your allowed to spend 39 mil over 3 years, we have spent at a guess 3-5 mil in those 3 years.
      No Hits you're wrong. Its £39m loss over 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        your allowed to spend 39 mil over 3 years, we have spent at a guess 3-5 mil in those 3 years.
        I'm no accountant, but think that's £39 million more than our income over 3 years - therefore running the club has to come out of it first, that's why there's none left to buy players

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post

I'm no accountant, but think that's £39 million more than our income over 3 years - therefore running the club has to come out of it first, that's why there's none left to buy players
          Therefore doesn’t matter how rich your owners are they cannot throw their money around unless they want to gamble reaching the pot of gold that is the premier league. We will not be doing that as to breach FFP again the FL would rejoice in putting us out of business. Our only route forward is the route we are taking. Would things be any different IF Ruben & Tony walked? We would still be under the same constraints. Would it be any different if the Mittals were to take over? I don’t know but think not

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

Therefore doesn’t matter how rich your owners are they cannot throw their money around unless they want to gamble reaching the pot of gold that is the premier league. We will not be doing that as to breach FFP again the FL would rejoice in putting us out of business. Our only route forward is the route we are taking. Would things be any different IF Ruben & Tony walked? We would still be under the same constraints. Would it be any different if the Mittals were to take over? I don’t know but think not
            Exactly, all this is doing is taking out ownership value of a football club. It forces us to be self sufficient. We complain because our stadium can't generate the revenue we want and we've already seen our owners spend a ridiculous amount so it's odd to us to have such rich backers who can't do a thing to save us anymore.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Restraint of trade, making football a closed shop.....illegal imo, the Prem don't have the same restrictions as strict i'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Restraint of trade, making football a closed shop.....illegal imo, the Prem don't have the same restrictions as strict i'm sure
                We haven't seen the restrictions in play because once you're in the prem, you're in the money. Revenue proportions skew hugely towards tv money. In the champ, it's a much more even proportion of tv money to gates and player sales. We are still breeding our players for sale, when the time comes, we'll be a bit better off. But TF was 100% right to try and prioritise a new stadium because there's no survival without one.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Brentford have been a top half team since promotion from league 1 and are in the same league so how are they so competitive?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Totally agree, if you gamble and stay there you can put 2 fingers up to the FL as per Bournemouth and Leicester. Our biggest problem was the length of contracts and wages, not the transfer fees therefore saddled for years. There are only 3 teams that can get promoted, so with the massive spending by champ clubs this year I am more than interested on future punishments, that being said they changed the rules after we f’d up as it was deemed unfair. Our debt we got fined on was converted to loans which was then converted to shares therefore the owners had covered the loss with little (comparative) debt to the club. They could of walked away

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Brentford have been a top half team since promotion from league 1 and are in the same league so how are they so competitive?
                      They have a knack of buying cheap and selling high

Comment

In other words Artful people doing their jobs well from recruiting to the sales?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          In other words Artful people doing their jobs well from recruiting to the sales?
                          Agreed

Comment

Totally agree, if you gamble and stay there you can put 2 fingers up to the FL as per Bournemouth and Leicester. Our biggest problem was the length of contracts and wages, not the transfer fees therefore saddled for years. There are only 3 teams that can get promoted, so with the massive spending by champ clubs this year I am more than interested on future punishments, that being said they changed the rules after we f’d up as it was deemed unfair. Our debt we got fined on was converted to loans which was then converted to shares therefore the owners had covered the loss with little (comparative) debt to the club. They could of walked away
                            Absolutely right but the sickening thing is we were judged to have fallen foul of ffp by a panel of ex footballers you have to ask would hey have dropped their contracts to help a religated club to keep within ffp rules there has to be a dose of hypocrisy in their judgement

Comment

So their D.O.F is doing a fantastic job and their coach is making the players better which helps them when they sell them on like Hogan at 12 million

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Absolutely right but the sickening thing is we were judged to have fallen foul of ffp by a panel of ex footballers you have to ask would hey have dropped their contracts to help a religated club to keep within ffp rules there has to be a dose of hypocrisy in their judgement
                                Of course they wouldn't. And the main thing that people don't see is that yes of course Tony/the board spent loads of money in total. The crux of their spending was to not see much if any return on their spend. Not just on re-selling players for cash but of all these players bought in to the club since the takeover how many have actually been worthwhile signings ON THE PITCH. How many actually gave a good account of themselves with either football performances and attitude. I would say not even a quarter. No wonder no one wanted to buy them from us which then left them to run down their inflated contracts and leave for nothing. So the problem has been that we paid far too much in wages making players not want to go anywhere because they wouldn't get another contract like it and their attitude towards all for not showing anywhere near the level of performance they had showed at their previous clubs who wouldn't have tolerated them showing mo desire. Would be good if someone could find a list of ALL the players we've bought in since the takeover so we could see exactly how many were really bad and who gave a good account of themselves. We would not be in this same position if they had of given a sh1t and been decent people who wanted to be honest to their employers

Comment

Working...
                                X