No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack Presided over a debacle on an epic scale. Nothing can excuse his part in our most recent humiliation

Comment

• I wonder what Arsenal fans think of their new manager? They got Wenger out so much be very pleased with themselves

Comment

• Happy for Les to get the sack, but Steve putting on Washington and Wszolek when we were 4-1 was total stupidity. Parking the bus was in order then, but we then concede another three. Manning being shipped out is a dumb move when it means Cousins comes in. Cousins. An empty shirt would be more useful. Manning is at least a workhorse. Read on a LFW post that Smyth might be going out on loan too..... He's no Messiah, sure, but f caking hell if they do that, given our 'strike' force, then we must as well give up. We're run by f acking m orons. He hasn't impressed me, but faced with a choice between Les and Steve, I'd back Steve. Les has been a f acking disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Happy for Les to get the sack, but Steve putting on Washington and Wszolek when we were 4-1 was total stupidity. Parking the bus was in order then, but we then concede another three. Manning being shipped out is a dumb move when it means Cousins comes in. Cousins. An empty shirt would be more useful. Manning is at least a workhorse. Read on a LFW post that Smyth might be going out on loan too..... He's no Messiah, sure, but f caking hell if they do that, given our 'strike' force, then we must as well give up. We're run by f acking m orons. He hasn't impressed me, but faced with a choice between Les and Steve, I'd back Steve. Les has been a f acking disaster.
          Smyth is in the last year of his contract and unlike Eze has not signed an extension. If he's not deemed good enough right now, or wont be our player next season, then ship him out and free up his wages for a more experienced loan signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

No that was is Penrice job he reports his findings to the manager and the dof
            Exactly what I thought before yesterday mate. If what I've heard is accurate then the whole scouting and DoF system isn't functioning like it should be. Also worth bearing in mind that Penrice isn't even a permanent employee of the club. He's a Consultant, and apparently a good mate of Ollie.

Cast your mind back. Every first team player we signed under Ollie looked like a Holloway player didn't they? Is it that hard to believe that the manager has been calling the shots on all first team signings, and all Les has been doing is loading up the U23's?

McLaren has come in expecting us to have a system in place, realised we haven't, knows F all about players at this level and we've failed to land anyone this window.

All hearsay, but I promise you it's hearsay from someone who knows what they're on about. If it's true it really doesn't bode well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Exactly what I thought before yesterday mate. If what I've heard is accurate then the whole scouting and DoF system isn't functioning like it should be. Also worth bearing in mind that Penrice isn't even a permanent employee of the club. He's a Consultant, and apparently a good mate of Ollie.

Cast your mind back. Every first team player we signed under Ollie looked like a Holloway player didn't they? Is it that hard to believe that the manager has been calling the shots on all first team signings, and all Les has been doing is loading up the U23's?

McLaren has come in expecting us to have a system in place, realised we haven't, knows F all about players at this level and we've failed to land anyone this window.

All hearsay, but I promise you it's hearsay from someone who knows what they're on about. If it's true it really doesn't bode well.
              It's not hard to see the quality of the players rose under Holloway scowens Freeman Baptiste Smyth ezee all these worked for Holloway think back to the hit and miss signings prior to him becoming manager Smith not a great player but when he signed make no mistake we would have gone down then without his goals !! But hey ho no matter the order of the day was to give verbals anybody that tried to mention a positive about the manager

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

That's the kind of story a manager puts about as preparation for him jumping ship.....

If there's a struggle, who will Amit back? Les or Steve? Les is the biggest f uck up with a track record which is a crock of s hit, so let's hope it's Steve, eh?
                Niether mate

Comment

• What a bloody mess of true

If Ollie was the brains behind who came in then perhaps he should be the DOF, might be a role that suits him better, less pressure and something he’s good at could see him actually doing that and character would assist him.

Huge questions have to be asked of Penrice as whatever way he’s employed his job is to identify players!! is he being #### because his mates gone??

i don’t know what to believe about this club anymore Les doing good job one minute then #### the next, ollie doing good job then tinkers and we go losing streak, board appear to sort club out then we’re on our knees again.

F ucking had enough of supporting this rudderless ship

Comment

• And the captain of the said sinking ship has ####ed off and left it to others to deal with. Westy if we are not on our knees like some believe ask yourself why after such a tonking have we not signed anyone or even close to signing anyone.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tarbie;n2480470]
                      Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Basically mate. That, and there has been money to spend all summer, there is just nobody employed by the club since Ollie's departure who knows what to do with it. Absolute farking shambles if true!
                      Firstly, good to see you back mate. Tarbie.

I find it very hard to believe there is no-one at our club capable of buying a player. That just seems very unlikely. I can buy the fact that there is some stuff going on behind the scenes and some clashes of character but I am sure other people than Ollie would have been doing the player purchases/agreements even if he was identifying them. That smacks of someone putting out an exaggerated version of things (not you mate but maybe your source or your sources source!)

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        If IH is still on the payroll for the last year of his contract bring him back in as a consultant. If SM resigns on that basis so be it....
                        What we need is the dof out. Not SM.

This club is farked and needs gutting
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Where's this so-called consortium Marc was bragging knowing all about? No sign of them, or him.

Comment

• Ferdinand's position and influence has to be questioned as well as his wage! Would rather have another player than D.O.F and Sinton can be bumped off with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

This wouldn`t surprise me at all.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• [QUOTE=CroydonCaptainJack;n2480549]
                                Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Firstly, good to see you back mate. Tarbie.

I find it very hard to believe there is no-one at our club capable of buying a player. That just seems very unlikely. I can buy the fact that there is some stuff going on behind the scenes and some clashes of character but I am sure other people than Ollie would have been doing the player purchases/agreements even if he was identifying them. That smacks of someone putting out an exaggerated version of things (not you mate but maybe your source or your sources source!)
                                Perhaps a bit of Chinese whispers going on mate. Hard to know really, but it did come from a good source.

Just to clarify, what I was saying I'd heard is that we have nobody capable of identifying players within our price range. Not that there was nobody physically capable of getting the deal over the line. McLaren doesn't know League 1 / lower end Championship well enough, Les doesn't do any scouting, and our Head Scout (or whatever Penrice is believed to be) is not even directly employed by the club, and quite possibly has his nose out of joint cos we sacked his mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X