No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to vote as the jury isn't out for me. I didn't understand getting rid of Olly, but think we have to get Steve at least one more week. Even then I would only be in favour of sacking if we lose both and deserve to lose both. Today's result makes me even more frustrated about the decision to loan out Manning

Comment

STEVE McClaren apologised to the R’s faithful after an ‘unacceptable’ second-half performance saw QPR hammered 7-1 at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
      The R’s boss shared his shock after a day to forget on the road for Rangers, telling www.qpr.co.uk: “It was an unacceptable second half.

“In the first half we went a goal down but reacted well. We changed our tactics, we competed and ended the first half on top.

“We got the equaliser and I could not see that coming at half time. That’s shocked me.”

Matt Phillips’ opener handed the hosts the lead against his former club, but Joel Lynch’s leveller ensured McClaren’s men went in level at the break.

It proved a false dawn, however, as two quick-fire goals after the re-start proved the catalyst for a second-half collapse at the Hawthorns.

“We made two mistakes at the start of the second half and suddenly it was 3-1,” he added. “Then we collapsed.

"It’s unacceptable. It’s not acceptable for us, it’s not acceptable for the players, it’s not acceptable for the fans. I apologise to them.”

With back-to-back home games this week, McClaren has called on his players to put things right when they return to action in W12 against Bristol City on Tuesday night.

“We’ve got to get on with it,” he said. “We’ve got to react on Tuesday. Now that becomes a big game. After a collapse like that the next two days are going to be vital.

“We need help and we’re working tirelessly behind the scenes to do that. After that collapse we certainly need to look at things again.

“Today was a wake-up call for everybody. All we can do is react on Tuesday and make sure that doesn’t happen again.”

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        We lost one of the best keepers in the division to a PL bench.

We lost one of the quickest centre backs in the league.

We allowed another decent centre back to run his contract down and leave.

We haven’t bothered with adequate replacements yet, in addition to ignoring the absolutely vital need for a quality striker.

But let’s blame the new manager. Brilliant.

He’s trying to implement a different style of play. One which will take a bit of time to get working effectively. One in which, once sorted, will produce a far more solid and consistent team.

He could do with a bit of support from the fans, along with a group of players who actually do what they are being asked to do properly.

I shall reserve judgement until we’ve played say 15 games and see how things are going then.
        Problem is Brighton his track record in this league is poor. The style he’s trying to implement is not probably suited to a team that consists of league 1/ bottom half championship standard players.

15 games in is a long time under a manager of this calibre. By the time you replace him and the other potential manager comes in then half the season is gone and then it’s very hard to build to momentum to stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Even if he loses the next 2 or 3 or picks up 1 point?
          Yep,we have made our bed and now we must sleep in it....Holloway shouldn't have been sacked,under him we finished 16 points clear of the relegation zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Yep,we have made our bed and now we must sleep in it....Holloway shouldn't have been sacked,under him we finished 16 points clear of the relegation zone.
            I agree about Ollie - would give Stevee 3-5 games to turn it around. Especially as it’s against clubs we are going to have to beat.

if he loses the next two then I think he will be under enormous pressure to resign or be sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

I agree about Ollie - would give Stevee 3-5 games to turn it around. Especially as it’s against clubs we are going to have to beat.

if he loses the next two then I think he will be under enormous pressure to resign or be sacked.
              If we lose the next 3 - so we're looking at just 14 days - he will go whether he walks or gets pushed. As I said, I wouldn't blame the club for getting rid of him tonight but lose to Bristol City, Wigan and Birmingham and they will need to act.

Comment

Its the Boards fault for not backing the manager with any farking signings
                Not really Mclarens fault the squad is shite
                Wake the #### up

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  Wake the #### up
                  That's it in a nutshell

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Wake the #### up
                    This with bells on!!! Schteve is no miracle worker, he can't polish a turd!

Unconvincing inexperienced keepers behind the dodgiest back 4 we've had at W12 in years...especially Lynch and Bidwell! Don't even get me started on our powder puff midfield and lack of movement up front!

'The immoveable mid field 3' need dismantling completely! No one has a divine right to be picked every week, certainly not these 3! Not fit to lace the boots of any of the 75/76 team!

And I've always said, you can't play Smith up front on his own! He should be coming off the bench with 15-20 mins to go, if/when we need to chase a game and go more direct. We need movement up front, and play with width in midfield!

Football is a simple game when played easy, you don't need over complicate things. But we desperately need some new faces in and bloody sharp too, in order to bed them into the squad in time for our next game.

Over to the board...but my money is on them having the arrogance to think everything is perfectly fine with the squad, when everyone can clearly see, especially after this debacle it clearly isn't!

Comment

Due to the FFP restrictions we have very little room for maneuvering. We need to free up wages to get in place new loans (that's why Ryan Manning and David Wheeler left on loan). I think we will manage to strengthen before the close of the loan window, but any manager we go for this season will have to deal with what is more or less similar to what we have now - maybe one or two additions.

This squad is not good enough to play possession based football, where we play it it out from the back like we are Barcelona. To think that Lynch, Baptiste, Bidwell, Scowen, Cousin etc should play tikki tikka football in their own half is exceptionally naive. McClaren looks inept and way worse in terms of tactics than Holloway; not to talk about his motivational skills. Holloway has demonstrated tactical shortcomings, but he was at least able to understand the basics: This team has to make it simple - we are not good enough to play it out from the back and try to outplay the opposition with a possession based style.

If McClaren should have a chance to turn this around he has to come to the same conclusion and immediately change strategy.

The problem is obviously that McClaren cannot do this - he knows one style and that is possession based, like he played with Man Utd, Middlesbrough and Twente. Of this reason I am afraid it is a poor choice to wait too long before we are changing manager.

I have a suggestion, if Les, Hoos, McClaren and Holloway could eat some humble pie: Bring back Holloway as manager and keep McClaren as coach. McClaren won't get a new job again if he is sacked by QPR after 5-10 matches, having lost almost all of them, so he might accept it. Holloway loves QPR and would come back, rather than wait for other options. It is a financial burden to have both of them, but not more than sacking McClaren and hiring a new, better manager..

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        This will sound odd but we played some really nice stuff first half and we’re well in the game. I would not pull trigger as there were signs of a decent side there but my god it’s never acceptable to collapse, give up, down tools whatever you want call it like that.

Next two home games crucial and games up to Bolton if he’s going prove his worth

Agree West, sat in the stand at half time thinking the same, played some nice stuff and not much in it. Schoolboy errors led to goals 2 & 3 then total collapse. Can’t for the life of me understand why Smith started! All the good build up we had first half fell flat as no mobility to make space for passes to be played into.

If we are playing from the back Ingram is not the keeper for this, puts the fear of Christ in me when watching, what must that do if your a defender?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          What is completely beyond me is the fact a lot of QPR fans were happy when we replaced Holloway with McClaren. The clear majority according a survey over at qprdot.org was having Holloway over McClaren every day of the week, but here at WATRB loads of posters thought McClaren was a great appointment. Those questioning a very strange sacking and a very weird appointment were getting a lot of abuse. Holloway isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but he is a good manager, no doubt about it. Give McClaren a few more matches and this will be getting increasingly clear to those supporters that for some unknown reasons thought he was inept despite the results he got with this team.

It is not serious to fire a manager three matches into the season. Everyone needs a proper chance, even McClaren. But if I was the board I would start to look for alternatives, in order to be ready to take the inevitable decision about sacking McClaren later this autumn. The board can as well get prepared to apologize to Holloway and ask him to kindly come back. Quite a few supporters should be prepared to do the same.

Comment

Got to wait to see what loan players come in and then see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Due to the FFP restrictions we have very little room for maneuvering. We need to free up wages to get in place new loans (that's why Ryan Manning and David Wheeler left on loan). I think we will manage to strengthen before the close of the loan window, but any manager we go for this season will have to deal with what is more or less similar to what we have now - maybe one or two additions.

This squad is not good enough to play possession based football, where we play it it out from the back like we are Barcelona. To think that Lynch, Baptiste, Bidwell, Scowen, Cousin etc should play tikki tikka football in their own half is exceptionally naive. McClaren looks inept and way worse in terms of tactics than Holloway; not to talk about his motivational skills. Holloway has demonstrated tactical shortcomings, but he was at least able to understand the basics: This team has to make it simple - we are not good enough to play it out from the back and try to outplay the opposition with a possession based style.

If McClaren should have a chance to turn this around he has to come to the same conclusion and immediately change strategy.

The problem is obviously that McClaren cannot do this - he knows one style and that is possession based, like he played with Man Utd, Middlesbrough and Twente. Of this reason I am afraid it is a poor choice to wait too long before we are changing manager.

I have a suggestion, if Les, Hoos, McClaren and Holloway could eat some humble pie: Bring back Holloway as manager and keep McClaren as coach. McClaren won't get a new job again if he is sacked by QPR after 5-10 matches, having lost almost all of them, so he might accept it. Holloway loves QPR and would come back, rather than wait for other options. It is a financial burden to have both of them, but not more than sacking McClaren and hiring a new, better manager..
                              Great post

Comment

What is completely beyond me is the fact a lot of QPR fans were happy when we replaced Holloway with McClaren. The clear majority according a survey over at qprdot.org was having Holloway over McClaren every day of the week, but here at WATRB loads of posters thought McClaren was a great appointment. Those questioning a very strange sacking and a very weird appointment were getting a lot of abuse. Holloway isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but he is a good manager, no doubt about it. Give McClaren a few more matches and this will be getting increasingly clear to those supporters that for some unknown reasons thought he was inept despite the results he got with this team.

It is not serious to fire a manager three matches into the season. Everyone needs a proper chance, even McClaren. But if I was the board I would start to look for alternatives, in order to be ready to take the inevitable decision about sacking McClaren later this autumn. The board can as well get prepared to apologize to Holloway and ask him to kindly come back. Quite a few supporters should be prepared to do the same.
                                Oslo I think it was a question of the witch hunt on this board against Holloway reaching fever pitch they would have accepted a poodle as manager as long as it didn't bark with a bristol accent

Comment

Working...
                                X