No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will sound odd but we played some really nice stuff first half and we’re well in the game. I would not pull trigger as there were signs of a decent side there but my god it’s never acceptable to collapse, give up, down tools whatever you want call it like that.

Next two home games crucial and games up to Bolton if he’s going prove his worth

Comment

mclaren hasn't been given any wedge , he's inherited a squad that are league one at best , get used to it it's going to happen a lot this season . the likes of ferdinand are nicking a living at our club , players don't play for us or the shirt they play for money .....

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Ollie probably isn’t the answer but I would have him over this clown. The club said they wanted to progress and that’s why they made this move.

yet the resources they have given Steve shows no progression what so ever. The clubs remit is to stay up which we done comfortably under Ollie last albeit horrendous to watch.

Wht even rock that boat when the club are not willing to invest in the infrastructure needed to change the manage under the concept we want to move forward.
        Now that's what is really annoying me too..........completely shambolic

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          mclaren hasn't been given any wedge , he's inherited a squad that are league one at best , get used to it it's going to happen a lot this season . the likes of ferdinand are nicking a living at our club , players don't play for us or the shirt they play for money .....
          The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Keep obviously..... short sighted or what

Comment

If the reality that we are in for a tough season and are among the favourites to be relegated hadn't kicked in yet, today should see no one in doubt.

However, I'm not here to say McClaren needs time. He was a risky appointment and in the last chance saloon and its not going to work out with him in my opinion. I wouldn't judge the club for releasing him of his duties tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                The arrogance of the Board to think that SM would get a better tune out of a weakened squad is unbelievable. And for our DoF to open up with 'the aim this season is to avoid relegation'. If that was the professional opinion of the Board you need an Ollie, not SM.
                This!!
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Can't sack a manager after just 3 games,have to give him 10 games at least.anyway if we did sack him,who would want the job,even holloway wouldn't come back

Comment

Not giving Warnock the job back.....well done the dynamic duo

Comment

It not manager,it squad and investment. Or lack of it
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Can't sack a manager after just 3 games,have to give him 10 games at least.anyway if we did sack him,who would want the job,even holloway wouldn't come back
                        Even if he loses the next 2 or 3 or picks up 1 point?

Comment

We lost one of the best keepers in the division to a PL bench.

We lost one of the quickest centre backs in the league.

We allowed another decent centre back to run his contract down and leave.

We haven’t bothered with adequate replacements yet, in addition to ignoring the absolutely vital need for a quality striker.

But let’s blame the new manager. Brilliant.

He’s trying to implement a different style of play. One which will take a bit of time to get working effectively. One in which, once sorted, will produce a far more solid and consistent team.

He could do with a bit of support from the fans, along with a group of players who actually do what they are being asked to do properly.

I shall reserve judgement until we’ve played say 15 games and see how things are going then.

Comment

So when we are adrift at the bottom of the lge act then get rid now whilst there’s time never wanted this useless manger in charge

Comment

Schteve in build up to today's game

Comment

What is completely beyond me is the fact a lot of QPR fans were happy when we replaced Holloway with McClaren. The clear majority according a survey over at qprdot.org was having Holloway over McClaren every day of the week, but here at WATRB loads of posters thought McClaren was a great appointment. Those questioning a very strange sacking and a very weird appointment were getting a lot of abuse. Holloway isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but he is a good manager, no doubt about it. Give McClaren a few more matches and this will be getting increasingly clear to those supporters that for some unknown reasons thought he was inept despite the results he got with this team.

It is not serious to fire a manager three matches into the season. Everyone needs a proper chance, even McClaren. But if I was the board I would start to look for alternatives, in order to be ready to take the inevitable decision about sacking McClaren later this autumn. The board can as well get prepared to apologize to Holloway and ask him to kindly come back. Quite a few supporters should be prepared to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X