Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

After 3 games it’s muggy but 4 not So muggy then

To be fair Ginge I hated calling it after 3 games and I’m of the usual mindset that every manager even in modern day football needs to be given 10-15 games at least.

I personally just think this appointment is disasterous, and if we do give him extra time we are just going to continue to capitulate as a team and a club. It was the wrong appointment made by a board who are detached from the reality of modern day football.

Like every fan, just devastated we find ourselves in this sorry position and hoping there is some miracle out there that could potentially help turn our season around. I just don’t think that miracle is McClaren.
    No, it's still muggy. I just happen now to find myself thinking that muggy might just be the way forward
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I supported Ollie, but I don't support SM!
      And so??
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Maids you were right and brave doing Thread. Like few of us who said same thing about Ollie after few games.

We wasted to much time with ollie we cannot do the same thing again sometimes you can just see it’s not going to work

Comment

• Watching that last night showed that Saturday's result was not the freak result you would assume. 2 nil down at home and we wait to make a sub. Unfortunately this appointment looks doomed so maybe best for all if they agree to make the break.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Maids you were right and brave doing Thread. Like few of us who said same thing about Ollie after few games.

We wasted to much time with ollie we cannot do the same thing again sometimes you can just see it’s not going to work
            Wasted time with JFH too. I firmly believe we would be in a totally different position if Warnock had been reappointed rather than JFH. For that alone, Les should go.

Comment

• James. Agree completely and we would have stayed in the premier league had we done the Defoe deal when it was agreed and in place in that January but who blocked all signings in that window? Ferdinand has been a disaster and has to go and preferably today.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Wasted time with JFH too. I firmly believe we would be in a totally different position if Warnock had been reappointed rather than JFH. For that alone, Les should go.
                Disagree with that as JFH could have been the latest Young Manager to break through, sometimes you have to gamble but to then go Olly and McClaren now that’s where it’s gone wrong. I wouldn’t mind betting though that Amit has been on phone to Warnock, just for advice if nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post

Disagree with that as JFH could have been the latest Young Manager to break through, sometimes you have to gamble but to then go Olly and McClaren now that’s where it’s gone wrong. I wouldn’t mind betting though that Amit has been on phone to Warnock, just for advice if nothing else.
                  After getting a side promoted from league 2 to league 1? He’d also managed for less than 6 months in league 1. That was the man to take a recently relegated championship team forward. It was a complete punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post

After getting a side promoted from league 2 to league 1? He’d also managed for less than 6 months in league 1. That was the man to take a recently relegated championship team forward. It was a complete punt.
                    Agreed James it was a punt but a better punt than Olly or the brolly man. Just hope somewhere along the line we get a bit of luck and we start moving in the right direction again.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Not smug at all - no one wants to be in this position but McClaren is a issue that plenty of people warned would be a disaster.

Pundits, ex footballers and fans are saying he’s the wrong appointment and he’s certainly proving that’s the case.

I got called muggy for calling it early and I’m asking if you pro McClaren fans are still set on him.
                      Maids, as you know, I ain't really been posting much, but I wanted to give 1 well considered post on this subject.

I liked Mclaren as an appointment when the rumours started. But I liked him as Head Coach more than a Manager. What I mean by that is he is a guy that would do a good job of coaching a talented set of players, and taking care of First Team affairs on a match day, he's not a guy I'd want in full control of the club. For this type of "Head Coach" arrangement to work, you need the DoF to be doing his job - ensuring the U23's are providing the right pipeline of players, ensuring the scouting team are providing the right pipeline of players, and generally ensuring that all parts of the club are in synergy and moving in the right direction. In addition, you need to have a scouting team capable of identifying players that fit within the required criteria and budget.

Until the last few weeks, I did believe that our DoF system was working. I believed we had a capable scouting team, and I believed Les was in total control of the transfers. I was wrong. What we actually have is a DoF that has only ever been successful in signing U23's and bringing in people that he knows from Spurs. We also have a "Chief Scout" who works as a freelancer on a non-exclusive basis, who also happens to be best mates with the manager that we just sacked.

McLaren was never the right man if the remit was a manager who can wheel and deal on a lower end Championship budget. If that was the remit we should have hired Gareth Ainsworth or Mark Warburton. The club have once again monumentally f*cked up, and serious question marks need to be asked about how thorough the interview and screening process was. Furthermore, it's utterly futile trying to do anything about it with 9 days left in the loan window and a transfer embargo in January. I'm sorry to say it, but I fear we are dead in the water. We have once again started a season woefully under equipped for the job in hand.

Just to add insult to injury, it also appears that everyone who looked good last season (bar Eze and Kakay), have come back from their summer holidays with zero form or confidence. Look at Luongo, didn't get a kick at the World Cup, his heads gone down and he looks awful. And Ingram, alright there were a couple of question marks, but he looks like a pub player. BOS, Smyth, Chair, where are these guys that we were so excited about a few months back?

Lastly, tactically we are still getting it wrong.......albeit a very different type of wrong to last season. I know that myself, Westy and a few others have been crying out for a better brand of football, but McLaren is taking it too far. He's asking the likes of Bidwell, Leistner, Scowen, Ingram, Lynch etc. to play too much football. Yes, we wanted a stop to the hoofball that Lynch is prone to, and the whole side tended to rely heavily upon when Matt Smith was on the pitch, but there have to be limits. You can't expect Leistner and Lynch to knock the ball about like they're John Stones, they aren't ball playing defenders. They're old school Championship level Centre Halves (at best). And Scowen reminds me of Joey Barton a few years back when he was trying to play too much football. He ain't that type of player, he needs to get on with the midfield enforcer role that he is far better at.

All my pre-season enthusiasm has gone and it feels like Deja Vous......for about the 3rd or 4th time. Shame that it's come to this but it's time for a complete changing of the guard. Our club is rotten to the core and League 1 beckons.
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 22-08-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Why would you buy Leistener if you want to play from the back? McClaren went to Germany to persuade him to sign for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          Why would you buy Leistener if you want to play from the back? McClaren went to Germany to persuade him to sign for us.
                          Are we after Collins he's what we need but not playing alongside Listener two no nonsense C/ H , is is the FBG any different from Baptiste or lynch that's why Robinson fitted so well he thought first before useing the ball

Comment

Working...
                          X