No announcement yet.

McClaren out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What irritates me is that we have people on here and other boards wanting us to sack McLaren and I’d say most of these were Holloway fans who were backing him during the 6 game loss run and even the 2nd one. I’m annoyed at our current league position too but as fans we’ve got to give each manager a fair crack. He’s had 3 games with a weakened squad. People talking about consistency etc.....well he’s been here 5 minutes so is probably still working things out. The issue with Holloway was that he was still working things out 40 games in. I still believe McLaren can turn it round as his record in the Championship is pretty good. Let’s get behind the lads and manager tomorrow and see where we are in 10 games.

Comment

• Having settled down a bit now after saturday, I do feel for Mac.
      Promises have obv been broken, we're nowhere near getting the players needed in.
      I do though think if he walks, and i don't blame him for doing so,
      whether Warburton could be the man.
      Worked with a young side at Brentford, played a strong easy style and got results.
      Prob knows lower league quite well too.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        What irritates me is that we have people on here and other boards wanting us to sack McLaren and I’d say most of these were Holloway fans who were backing him during the 6 game loss run and even the 2nd one. I’m annoyed at our current league position too but as fans we’ve got to give each manager a fair crack. He’s had 3 games with a weakened squad. People talking about consistency etc.....well he’s been here 5 minutes so is probably still working things out. The issue with Holloway was that he was still working things out 40 games in. I still believe McLaren can turn it round as his record in the Championship is pretty good. Let’s get behind the lads and manager tomorrow and see where we are in 10 games.
        Jim go over to lfw and read the Twitter you just might change your mind on Holloway and also you might agree S Mc was sold a pup

Comment

• Said from the start McClaren was sold gold and delivered Shite!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Having settled down a bit now after saturday, I do feel for Mac.
            Promises have obv been broken, we're nowhere near getting the players needed in.
            I do though think if he walks, and i don't blame him for doing so,
            whether Warburton could be the man.
            Worked with a young side at Brentford, played a strong easy style and got results.
            Prob knows lower league quite well too.
            Problem is it's too late for that mate. Transfer embargo in January, 10 days left of the loan window. The club need to sort themselves out, and try to get a handful of loan players in this week in order to save our season. Any managerial changes will most likely be futile, as they will still have to work with a squad that is missing 3 or 4 key players.

I'm happy to admit right now that I've been wrong about a lot of things. I still stand by the decision to sack Holloway. But a lot of the positive things I've been saying about Les, Hoos, and the infrastructure at the club as a whole may well have been totally wrong, and based on only knowing half the facts. I'm genuinely worried that this may be another season similar to 2014/15. My only glimmer of hope at the moment is that Amit is now in a position of influence, and may be able to sort out this shambles.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Jim go over to lfw and read the Twitter you just might change your mind on Holloway and also you might agree S Mc was sold a pup
              My comment isn’t on Holloway, it’s the treatment of McLaren. Also, I’d question how anyone knows what was discussed in the interview

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post

My comment isn’t on Holloway, it’s the treatment of McLaren. Also, I’d question how anyone knows what was discussed in the interview
                OK Jim you don't believe there might smoke without fire

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

OK Jim you don't believe there might smoke without fire
                  What does that have to do with people wanting McLaren sacked?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Problem is it's too late for that mate. Transfer embargo in January, 10 days left of the loan window. The club need to sort themselves out, and try to get a handful of loan players in this week in order to save our season. Any managerial changes will most likely be futile, as they will still have to work with a squad that is missing 3 or 4 key players.

I'm happy to admit right now that I've been wrong about a lot of things. I still stand by the decision to sack Holloway. But a lot of the positive things I've been saying about Les, Hoos, and the infrastructure at the club as a whole may well have been totally wrong, and based on only knowing half the facts. I'm genuinely worried that this may be another season similar to 2014/15. My only glimmer of hope at the moment is that Amit is now in a position of influence, and may be able to sort out this shambles.
                    Good point Tarbs, agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

That thread on Loft for Words is close to word for word what I'd heard that prompted me to post on here last night.
                      Probably the same source Tarbs?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Probably the same source Tarbs?
                        Definitely the same source mate.

Comment

• When we say money is available and has been available how much we talking about

Comment

• 20 million is what I heard !!!
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              When we say money is available and has been available how much we talking about
                              Probably not a hell of a lot to start with from what I've heard, but all the profit from the Smithies transfer (I believe there was a sell on owed to Huddersfield) should have been made available. Not much money these days to be fair, but probably comparable to what we had to spend in Ollie's first couple of transfer windows, where we managed to pick up Smith, Freeman, Scowen, Goss, BOS, Baptiste etc.

Comment

• But #evilles spent it all on the dentist
                                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                                X