No announcement yet.

Manning Loaned To Rotherham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ONLY way i can see this being a bad decision is if we are very unlucky to get a few injuries in midfield. Will hopefully be good experience for him if he plays regular. Who knows, if he does really well and plays regular it could put him in the shop window for us. Also if him moving on means space made for someone better then we can't moan at all.

Comment

Personally I rate him higher than Scowen, so it's disappointing to hear this.

Comment

If club are prepared loan to Rotherham is that not good indicator they’re confident we won’t be in relegation fight??

Hes an average bit part player who was getting jogged on a year ago. Never commanded starting place, not really exceptionally good at anything but has cracking engine and nuisance factor. He will only get better and be of value to us, long term, if he gets experience and games so loan makes sense.

Worth keeping as squad player? Yes probably, but ten games off the bench for us is not really fair on him.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          If club are prepared loan to Rotherham is that not good indicator they’re confident we won’t be in relegation fight??

Hes an average bit part player who was getting jogged on a year ago. Never commanded starting place, not really exceptionally good at anything but has cracking engine and nuisance factor. He will only get better and be of value to us, long term, if he gets experience and games so loan makes sense.

Worth keeping as squad player? Yes probably, but ten games off the bench for us is not really fair on him.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Hes an average bit part player who was getting jogged on a year ago. Never commanded starting place, not really exceptionally good at anything but has cracking engine and nuisance factor.
            Disagree mate. Has a good eye for goal and has scored some excellent ones during his time. Good passer and rarely loses possession too. But perhaps they just think he needs more experience and game time, hence the loan.

Scowen has more experience but Manning has more talent.
            Last edited by Stanley; 17-08-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

strange one - personally i think he is worth a starting place in our team - good box to box midfielder - comes up with vital goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Disagree mate. Has a good eye for goal and has scored some excellent ones during his time. Good passer too. But perhaps they just think he needs more experience and game time, hence the loan.
                I really can’t make my mind up about him. Seen him play well but also seen him be woeful. He was at fault for goal at Preston on opening day and was at fault for first goal against Brentford in league cup pounding

passing I would actually say is one of his weaknesses (perhaps Nasser can confirm stats) and he gets caught in possession lots. Long term from what I have seen he would midfield spoiler but he needs game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Disagree mate. Has a good eye for goal and has scored some excellent ones during his time. Good passer and rarely loses possession too. But perhaps they just think he needs more experience and game time, hence the loan.

Scowen has more experience but Manning has more talent.
                  100% Stanley, the lad has something, Big fan of Manning

Comment

I understand the decision to send him out on loan - kind of - gives him a chance for regular football etc. - but why send him to another championship team? Surely League 1 would be better? Like Dogs said, Wycombe would be ideal, it didn't do Eze any harm going there, after all. Like about 50% of people in this thread, I think Ryan is a great prospect, a talented player who gives us excellent options and I'd like to see him progress into the first team. Going to Rotherham helps a rival team IMO, which doesn't make sense. Unless of course we're that good that little Rotherham make no odds?

Comment

You can’t just send player out on loan, the other club needs to want them too. Agree loans to side local and around us is ideal as can keep eye on them and there close enough to still keep involved at home club but can only happen if local clubs have the need

Comment

I’m alright with this. Not convinced he’s good enough and better to find out by him getting more game time at this level. Think it might also be an indication that we may go to 442 with Wsolek and Bright and 1 less in centre mid

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X