• Real test of Amit's commitment and acumen

Sacking Les?
    Discuss.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Figurehead mate. Hiring firing will still be sanctioned by TF and Ruben, the majority shareholders

Comment

What if Amit thinks LF's doing a good job?

Comment

We are set up now to allow for a DoF. Would only really be if it was seen Sir Les was doing a bad job. TBH can't see he is. Only real fark up over last year or two has been the appointment of Ollie and that was solely down to Uncle. Lot of positive stuff happening in the background, partly down to him and partly down to others. High earning dross gone, young players coming through after decades of nothing. Backroom staff settled. Arguably he has helped navigate us through an incredibly difficult time. Yes not all been without mistakes being made but overall am personally happier with him than if we were without him.

Comment

Amit is more than capable of managing with or without Les wether he wants to is up to him , he coped very well before controling tango and his buddy while encouraging the players anyone who has seen the 4 year plan knows his capabilities

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            We are set up now to allow for a DoF. Would only really be if it was seen Sir Les was doing a bad job. TBH can't see he is. Only real fark up over last year or two has been the appointment of Ollie and that was solely down to Uncle. Lot of positive stuff happening in the background, partly down to him and partly down to others. High earning dross gone, young players coming through after decades of nothing. Backroom staff settled. Arguably he has helped navigate us through an incredibly difficult time. Yes not all been without mistakes being made but overall am personally happier with him than if we were without him.
            Holloway was a board decision not down to any one man , Les was out of his depth untill 18 months ago I and think and others think our upward turn with regards player recruitment coincided with holloways and Penrice arrival

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Holloway was a board decision not down to any one man , Les was out of his depth untill 18 months ago I and think and others think our upward turn with regards player recruitment coincided with holloways and Penrice arrival
              Uncle took responsibility for Ollie to be fair to him. Neither Hoos or Les wanted him. To expect Amit to have time to devote to the extent we would no longer need Les I just can't see realistically.

Not even Ollie tried to take credit for player recruitment. The great man confirmed he had input no more along with others. Was Les' responsibility good or bad.

Comment

Uncle took responsibility for Ollie to be fair to him. Neither Hoos or Les wanted him. To expect Amit to have time to devote to the extent we would no longer need Les I just can't see realistically.

Not even Ollie tried to take credit for player recruitment. The great man confirmed he had input no more along with others. Was Les' responsibility good or bad.
                Sorry mate they were discussing who should replace JFH when somebody forget who the publicity bloke maybe came up with Holloway to which Les and Hoos said they never considered Holloway for the job NOT they didn't want him they then decided to give him the job , sorry again buddy but Holloway definitely had a hand in scowens I H tracked him while working for sky he had worked with Baptiest and knew of BOS due connections at Blackpool yeah he had input no manager these days can make the decision to sign players only to as you say have imput

Comment

Ollie achieved the objectives given to him by maintaining Championship football and blooded younger players. He supported others to get higher paid players off the books. His appointment was not a mistake, but as has been covered elsewhere, there was a current need for something different now.

I do not like thus knocking of IH - he did what he was asked to do in a manner that those in game should be aware of.

Comment

I thought Amit had lost interest in QPR and was off!!! Or that’s what the itk posters had us believe

leave things alone for now we have for the first time in years little bit of stability, structure and decent (although hard to stomach) management. No point creating more problems unnecessarily

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

leave things alone for now we have for the first time in years little bit of stability, structure and decent (although hard to stomach) management. No point creating more problems unnecessarily
                      Steady on - that's far too sensible an attitude for this forum !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I thought Amit had lost interest
                        think what people were concerned about was the reduction in the Mittal stake..... the Amit thing doesnt change that, he is a kind of figurehead to help sugar the pill. But a welcome one for all that.

Comment

I really don't get the slagging off of Sir Les.The job he has had last few years has been horrendous and to me he is doing a very good job alongside Hoo's.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Ollie achieved the objectives given to him by maintaining Championship football and blooded younger players. He supported others to get higher paid players off the books. His appointment was not a mistake, but as has been covered elsewhere, there was a current need for something different now.

I do not like thus knocking of IH - he did what he was asked to do in a manner that those in game should be aware of.
                            He was initially brought in to get us up the table after JFH. His incompetence almost got us relegated. The following season was going badly until someone started managing him and got the inexplicable formation changed and some of the players being selected. Don't blame Holloway. A true club legend in my view. I blame whoever I appointed him, Uncle. Uncle admitted to being blown away by his passion. No other club at this level would have touched him and for good reason. Uncle also admitted he was spoken to about his formation which confirmed the suspicion many of us had over the sudden change in formation and upturn in results last season.

Comment

Not sure Les deserves this type of thread. He’s done ok. But let’s not kid ourselves (given some comments on here) that he’s done a great job. He’s done ok, nothing more. Look at his managerial appointments if you think he’s done brilliantly.

Comment

Working...
                              X