• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spogs View Post
    Check out this link

http://www.friendsofwormwoodscrubs.org.uk

Sadiq Khan
    Thank you very much for contacting Sadiq (via Andy Slaughter) on the important issue of the future of the much-loved Wormwood Scrubs. Of course, Sadiq will need to familiarise himself with the complexities of the OPDC proposals including the effect of the development plans on Wormwood Scrubs. However, he is fully aware of the need to protect the Scrubs and of its unique value as a significant open space.

Broadly, our answers to all your questions is ‘yes’, save for Q4 and Q5 where we must reserve judgment. This concerns the employment of individuals, and while they are matters for the Mayor, I hope you understand that it would not be appropriate to engage in public debate on the future of any individual.

Also, on Q7, I hope that QPR can find a new home in West London. As Mayor, I’ll do what I can to help them. But we should be protecting precious green spaces like the Scrubs, not building on them.

Caroline Pidgeon
    7. Where do you think that any new Queens Park Rangers stadium ought to be located? Do you agree that no such re-location ought to involve large-scale change of use on the Scrubs itself?

I understand there are various options where QPR could build their stadium and keep the club in West London. However, the one thing I am absolutely certain about is that no re-location should involve large scale change to the use of Scrubs.

You just know that bungle and chums will end up sticking us somewhere around Heathrow on an old industrial estate.

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Or flout?
      Or both

Comment

Auto correction is a thicko

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

You just know that bungle and chums will end up sticking us somewhere around Heathrow on an old industrial estate.
          old master brewer site been derilict in hillingdon for years right next to tube station and a40

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

old master brewer site been derilict in hillingdon for years right next to tube station and a40
            Gotta be and must be W12

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...nPC4BhE2lfLtjl

looks like that site is going to housing

Comment

Reading that article and seeing that save the scrubs has over 3,000 members,I would say we have no chance of getting LCS, 1 bloke and 2 women plus a few pets have stopped Warren Farm for years.

Comment

That's bloody miles from the Bush in an area of little character. No thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    Reading that article and seeing that save the scrubs has over 3,000 members,I would say we have no chance of getting LCS, 1 bloke and 2 women plus a few pets have stopped Warren Farm for years.
                    I was thinking the same thing.

It looks like QPR will be either leaving the area or will just have to reside at Loftus Road for decades to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                      Quite true and sad.

Comment

I think the reality is we will be leaving the area. I think our directors and board know this already and are now doing publicity stunts to say they are doing everything possible to stay in the area when the likelihood we we are leaving W12.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the proposed new stadium should QPR purchase the linford christie site, the proposed capacity, design ect ?

Comment

Yes .It's going to be based on the Bernabau with 120k capacity. It will have a Billy Smarts roof and retractable grass.

Comment

Perhaps a very drastic solution might be needed with Loftus Road. although it may have already been looked into.
                              Knocking it down and starting all over,but dig down and building new stands that are slightly taller. And if the executive boxes are not quite selling so well as LF hinted, don't have them and put normal seats in that sell better.

This might not give a much bigger capacity, but even a 22,000 seater stadium with better views and comfort will be an improvement.

Comment

They won't spend all that much money for 4000 seats. And it's already been said they have been refused to go any higher as it'll block views for the houses. Maybe the only stands that could be knocked down and made bigger would possibly be South Africa and The School end. Not sure how much space is behind the school end to play with but maybe SAR could come out further and go higher as it doesn't really block directly as such. Would mean less pavement space though. I think the club is making a lot of noise about 'we can't stay here' and 'LCS is our only option to stay in W12' In order to prepare the fans minds gently and over time that we'll be moving further out.

Comment

Working...
                                X