Linford Christie Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linford Christie Stadium

Hammersmith & Fulham Council is also looking at the stadium and has asked sports architecture firm Populous to draw up a new masterplan for the site, which could contain a 13,000 capacity entertainment venue, among other things.

Wonder what that means ?

http://neighbournet.com/server/common/qprstadium002.htm

i guess its just another option that the council is looking into. its prime real estate and i doubt that we're the only company trying to get the right to build a stadium/venue there which is what the council has to weigh up.

thats why we're meeting the local community there, to try and get their support for football and community stadiums to be built there.

the council has to weigh up what will generate the most money, provide the most jobs, tourism and community satisfaction overall.
    i reckon we're probably in the best position for it though as we already have the support of the thames harriers along with our long history in the area.

plus amit has a fair bit of sway in london due to his families investment and building contracts over here.

i can actually see us getting the go ahead to build a new stadium there though because we desperately need a new one and have influence in the area

Comment

I would say that it isn't that much prime real estate not designated for housing , having said that I can't see a problem here , from what I gather QPR want a new stadium to available for other uses , and therefore could open the lower tier for concerts ect of that size , or indeed would be happy to open the entire stadium for all sorts of gigs

Comment

Old news regurgitated, was in the Standard on 6th August, think this is what prompted the “no support from local council “ qoute

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london...-a3904306.html

Comment

Welcome to the new home of QPR.......The Lunch Box

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            I would say that it isn't that much prime real estate not designated for housing , having said that I can't see a problem here , from what I gather QPR want a new stadium to available for other uses , and therefore could open the lower tier for concerts ect of that size , or indeed would be happy to open the entire stadium for all sorts of gigs
            Maybe not houses but what about hotels, bars n restaurants and conference centres not forgetting Parking.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Welcome to the new home of QPR.......The Lunch Box
              Too rude

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Maybe not houses but what about hotels, bars n restaurants and conference centres not forgetting Parking.
                But isn't that moving away from being a designated sports venue , hasn't the councillor stipulated that the Thames valley hariers have to stay on site
                also isn't it aabit off track for bars hotels , tho QPR have already stated they want to use their future stadium as conference centre , car pk could go there but for what ? At the moment there's not a a lot local for that

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Hammersmith & Fulham Council is also looking at the stadium and has asked sports architecture firm Populous to draw up a new masterplan for the site, which could contain a 13,000 capacity entertainment venue, among other things.

Wonder what that means ?

http://neighbournet.com/server/common/qprstadium002.htm
                  If true the key word for Rangers and Hammersmith should be cooperation.

Comment

Isn't there already a big old hotel next door filled with angry men
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Check out this link

http://www.friendsofwormwoodscrubs.org.uk

Sadiq Khan
                      Thank you very much for contacting Sadiq (via Andy Slaughter) on the important issue of the future of the much-loved Wormwood Scrubs. Of course, Sadiq will need to familiarise himself with the complexities of the OPDC proposals including the effect of the development plans on Wormwood Scrubs. However, he is fully aware of the need to protect the Scrubs and of its unique value as a significant open space.

Broadly, our answers to all your questions is ‘yes’, save for Q4 and Q5 where we must reserve judgment. This concerns the employment of individuals, and while they are matters for the Mayor, I hope you understand that it would not be appropriate to engage in public debate on the future of any individual.

Also, on Q7, I hope that QPR can find a new home in West London. As Mayor, I’ll do what I can to help them. But we should be protecting precious green spaces like the Scrubs, not building on them.

Caroline Pidgeon
                      7. Where do you think that any new Queens Park Rangers stadium ought to be located? Do you agree that no such re-location ought to involve large-scale change of use on the Scrubs itself?

I understand there are various options where QPR could build their stadium and keep the club in West London. However, the one thing I am absolutely certain about is that no re-location should involve large scale change to the use of Scrubs.

Comment

Dead in the water. We need to flaunt FFP, get back to the Prem and reign supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Dead in the water. We need to flaunt FFP, get back to the Prem and reign supreme.
                          As a minimum

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

As a minimum
                            And we can charge 200 quid a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              Or flout?

Comment

Working...
                              X