No announcement yet.

Routledge Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rout was a top player, especially at this level. Seemed a top professional as well.

Can he still do it? I am unsure, and we do need players in OTHER positions. But I am not against him coming back, if he can still do it.

Comment

We all want to see the youngsters getting a chance in the team but not at the expense of us dropping down to division 1. We are in a bit of a mess in my opinion at the moment so if it takes a few seniors to dig us out of a hole then so be it.

Comment

Good player. But perhaps best to first focus on the positions we're actually lacking in.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Actually we’re going for a combination or youth and experience.
          Agree with many of your posts James but not this one. No we weren't. Anyone suggesting a player around 30 got slaughtered on here and the mantra from the DOF was developing youth as the future. A few of us were saying hang on, let's see how good they are first. Maybe McLaren not that impressed?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Agree with many of your posts James but not this one. No we weren't. Anyone suggesting a player around 30 got slaughtered on here and the mantra from the DOF was developing youth as the future. A few of us were saying hang on, let's see how good they are first. Maybe McLaren not that impressed?
            He’s 33 mate not 43. He’s hardly old. We can’t rely on the kids to be regulars week in week out. I’d ideally like

keeper (either will do)
            furlong/kakay , Rangel or Hall, BFG (Lynch as reserve), Bidwell
            Scowen or Luongo
            Freeman, Someone else
            Routledge or Smyth or Eze or Samuel (2 from 4)
            striker that will hopefully come in

dont see how the above can’t work. It’s a squad game.

Comment

I didn't think we thought much of Routledge last time round, (arrogant little git who thought he was better than he was), but then I was on a different forum. Seemed to do well once he'd moved on and kept his place in the Prem. But that was some time ago. Can he still hack it in the Championship now?

Comment

He’s 33 mate not 43. He’s hardly old. We can’t rely on the kids to be regulars week in week out. I’d ideally like

keeper (either will do)
                Scowen or Luongo
                Freeman, Someone else

Rangel is a right back, always has been and is only cover while Furlong is out incase Kakay gets injured

Comment

keeper (either will do)
                  Scowen or Luongo
                  Freeman, Someone else

No, I agree with a mix of youth and experience. My point was that this wasn't what they were saying last season.......a couple of games ago. Whether we could have got him or not the reaction to trying to get someone like Crouch back was "he's too old, that's not where we're going". Now, two games into the season, were saying we want experience to help the kids. I don't think the club knows what it wants to be honest.

Comment

No, I agree with a mix of youth and experience. My point was that this wasn't what they were saying last season.......a couple of games ago. Whether we could have got him or not the reaction to trying to get someone like Crouch back was "he's too old, that's not where we're going". Now, two games into the season, were saying we want experience to help the kids. I don't think the club knows what it wants to be honest.
                    I think the club probably does. It is the forums that change their mind.
                    Sorry, to clarify, certain people on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I think the club probably does. It is the forums that change their mind.
                      Sorry, to clarify, certain people on the forums.
                      Your right with that. The demands from fans change with the circumstances, think club have been pretty consistent last few seasons

Comment

We have to be really careful. We've played and lost 2 games so we certainly shouldn't be pressing the panic button. I certainly don't want rangel and we have to be careful bringing in cast offs that are on the way down. We have set our stall to play plenty of youngsters, we have to be strong and stick with that mentality. Problem is our side lack goals and a canny striker is where we need the experience. Its the same problem last season albeit matt smith played some cracking games and overachieved we still haven't addressed an ongoing issue. Sylla should be good but doesn't have a brain to match his assets. If we really need to keep the money down then sign a striker and centre half. Routledge is a cracking little player but won't come cheap and at 33 I'd give him a swerve only for the fact we never address the real problem areas
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Many posters change their outlook when a goal is scored! Both the games so far could easily have gone our way, in which case we would be dreaming of promotion already. Fortunately the majority stay calm. Of course, mostly they don’t post as they don’t feel the need. Thus forums like this only really show the views of a minority who tend to have strong opinions.

Comment

Worton I don't think many are that concerned just yet. We do need to bring in a decent striker on loan and even more so with the Jan window being closed for us. Anyway mate I've enjoyed your input but unfortunately you have been caught, all the best!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think a big point being it would only be a loan. Nothing concrete. Yes theres loan fees but still wouldn't be tied down with an ageing players, like a few seem to think. Although in this case, like james said he's 33 not 43 so personally wouldnt have minded (money dependent).
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                                Many posters change their outlook when a goal is scored! Both the games so far could easily have gone our way, in which case we would be dreaming of promotion already. Fortunately the majority stay calm. Of course, mostly they don’t post as they don’t feel the need. Thus forums like this only really show the views of a minority who tend to have strong opinions.
                                Yes, I think that is right. I have often found views on here don't reflect that at the ground or on the journey.
                                Having said that, there are excellent posters on some of these sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X