No announcement yet.

Pathetic overreaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing the manager and able to get quality targets signed is completely different. One thing we seem to have been seeing is players choosing to go elsewhere rather than us for whatever reason. We need to hope that the first lot of players we go for are up for playing for QPR as if it is to be Hemed and or Wells they would probably be first choice with us but maybe not with a bigger club. And with them already not playing much for their clubs they have a footballing decision to make rather than financial.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      Agree with you 100%. Some of our lot are an absolute disgrace. Pathetic support. 2 games and chuck the towel in although i suspect there were quite a few who had given up before a ball had been kicked. For all of social medias good points its certainly attracts some proper clowns and i have to say i enjoyed supporting rangers a lot more without it. Honestly some of the #### ive read this last week has made my #### boil. COYRS
      Exactly the reason why I completely avoid it. Would urge others to do the same too, just stick with watrb and stop giving it oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

There's very little money to spend.

If we get loanees they will be more than likely foreign who you have never heard of or unproven youngsters.
        Like Adel Taarabt? Or Kyle Walker?

Comment

Have to agree with OP that pen decision was appalling, offside decisions go either way but how that was a pen, I will never know. Firmly believe though a couple of decent loans along with Eze’s inmergence and we will be fine. Lost our way after the ridiculous pen decision but played well for 60 odd mins.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Like Adel Taarabt? Or Kyle Walker?
            They were, of course, great loanees but we can't put pressure on Steve McClaren to replicate such success.

​​​​​​We will have a an idea of what players we would like to sign on loan but no one knows how successful they will be in a struggling side who will potentially be in a relegation fight for the season.

Even Adel may have had less success if he had joined a Championship side fighting against relegation.

Comment

They were, of course, great loanees but we can't put pressure on Steve McClaren to replicate such success.

​​​​​​We will have a an idea of what players we would like to sign on loan but no one knows how successful they will be in a struggling side who will potentially be in a relegation fight for the season.

Even Adel may have had less success if he had joined a Championship side fighting against relegation.
              He did. We were a side fighting against relegation when Adel was brought in on loan. It was the season after we smashed through the championship.

Point is, if the loan market is used correctly it can be very useful. Saying it's no good as players are either foreign and noone has heard of them or very young is of course correct - but Noone had heard of Taarabt before he arrived, and Walker was a kid at Spurs reserves so your point is completely wrong - These 2 players are 2 of the best I have seen at LR in years.

Comment

He did. We were a side fighting against relegation when Adel was brought in on loan. It was the season after we smashed through the championship.

Point is, if the loan market is used correctly it can be very useful. Saying it's no good as players are either foreign and noone has heard of them or very young is of course correct - but Noone had heard of Taarabt before he arrived, and Walker was a kid at Spurs reserves so your point is completely wrong - These 2 players are 2 of the best I have seen at LR in years.
                I would argue that we should have never been a struggling side when he first arrived. People forget that we had already become the 'boutique' club and had spent significant money, including wages, and it was just about finding a manager who could get the best out of what we had. Adel came into play alongside good players who just weren't delivering.

However, the current squad is, whether we want to accept it or not, relegation candidates by merit and we need fighters this time around. I see your Taarabt and Walker and raise you Vinnie Jones and Neil Ruddock... Those are what we need this time around.

Comment

I would argue that we should have never been a struggling side when he first arrived. People forget that we had already become the 'boutique' club and had spent significant money, including wages, and it was just about finding a manager who could get the best out of what we had. Adel came into play alongside good players who just weren't delivering.

However, the current squad is, whether we want to accept it or not, relegation candidates by merit and we need fighters this time around. I see your Taarabt and Walker and raise you Vinnie Jones and Neil Ruddock... Those are what we need this time around.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E...rs_F.C._season

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Cricket. We have people who are getting paid to find those kind of players.
                    Agreed. And so far they have failed . Man City and Chelsea and other teams seem to be loaning out young players who might fit the bill so why can't the scouts or DoF get some players in.

the talk of waiting for the clubs to get the squads announced is not convincing me as Man U have just named a 32 man squad so what players are they looking to bring in if that is how big squads can be other than young fringe players. If the latter, surely they could have got these in already like Preston Sheffield Ltd Leeds Derby and others have done.

Comment

Believe it or not, to date that was the most expensive QPR squad,including wage bill, ever assembled...

We were not looking around the biscuit tin.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team...Tabs=transfers

Comment

Believe it or not, to date that was the most expensive QPR squad,including wage bill, ever assembled...

We were not looking around the biscuit tin.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team...Tabs=transfers
                        So..... what's your point on Loan players?

Comment

So..... what's your point on Loan players?
                          That we are looking for a different kind of loan player this time.

Adel came into a squad full of good players who were under achieving and he might have had very different success if he came into this current squad.

As I said, we need fighters to come in.

My original point is that we may have a list of potential loanees but no one knows for certain how players will perform in a poor squad in a Championship relegation fight and that we shouldn't be expecting another Taarabt or putting pressure on McClaren to find one.

Comment

It puts us at a disadvatage for the first month of the season if you trim your squad during the transfer msrket and only build a squad during the loan market. If we can get three points during Aug, Bristol City game, then thats all we can expect.

Our season starts 1st Sept and thats when we should be judging the side.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              I
                              Our season starts 1st Sept
                              All we can expect? Thank christ you aren't involved in motivating the players.

There were fifteen points available this month. If you start thinking we may as well lie down until the beginning of September you are being ridiculously complacent. No one at the club can afford to think like that for a second, and every single one of them will be itching to gets points on the board as of this moment.

Apart from anything else this division has a long history of favourites getting turned over, so even if it looks tough we can still get a return.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

All we can expect? Thank christ you aren't involved in motivating the players.

There were fifteen points available this month. If you start thinking we may as well lie down until the beginning of September you are being ridiculously complacent. No one at the club can afford to think like that for a second, and every single one of them will be itching to gets points on the board as of this moment.

Apart from anything else this division has a long history of favourites getting turned over, so even if it looks tough we can still get a return.
                                Where did I say we should lay down to 1st Sept?

The facts remain we have a weakened team from the one that finished last season we used pre-season to get rid of players and post-season to bring new ones in.

I can see the irony of your comments and the title of this thread. Calm down ffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X