No announcement yet.

On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a team in our division with worse forwards then sylla , smith and washington , i doubt it

Comment

Just saw penalty again omg. I said on match thread from my angle thought it was but replay on tv not even close. Was chatting few blades fans in William Morris after game and they were saying it was not one which is also good indicator

Comment

the german eze and freeman that's the only quality with have atm
        unless the coach steve m can improve the rest by coaching them including ingrams kicks we will be lucky to stay up
        early days but 100 percent need a goal scorer on loan and another solid technical cb who can pass
        R's

Comment

It was not only Ingrams kicking but he was very slow in releasing the ball.Lacking any confidence in his distribution. Has Kakay been told not to cross the halfway line? Started some runs then just stopped.
          Luongo suffering a WC hangover. BFG was pretty good though. Good positional sense which Lynch lacks. Eze can be a bit casual at times but give you some excitement. Smyth wasn't bad but BOS was making the wrong runs. He will learn though. Forwards less said the better.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            It was not only Ingrams kicking but he was very slow in releasing the ball.Lacking any confidence in his distribution. Has Kakay been told not to cross the halfway line? Started some runs then just stopped.
            Luongo suffering a WC hangover. BFG was pretty good though. Good positional sense which Lynch lacks. Eze can be a bit casual at times but give you some excitement. Smyth wasn't bad but BOS was making the wrong runs. He will learn though. Forwards less said the better.
            Kakay spent majority of 2nd half in their half!

Comment

My take aways from yesterday's game:

1) Not one player in our back 6 (Ingram, Lynch, BFG, Kakay, Bidwell, Scowen) Can legitimately pick out a pass.
              2) Massimo and Freeman are for some reason taking the roles of second wingers which doesn't help with the first take away because they have no options in the centre of the park. We're effectively playing two left wingers and two right wingers atm.
              3) We need a pacey left back because Bidwell is not only not good enough at transitioning from defence to attack, but he comes back wayyyy too late and leaves his flank exposed, then decides he wants to be a centre back most of the time and leaves the flank exposed (For the goal). Alongside him, Lynch needs replacing for being average at best and not even being that good at what should make him unique and useful... being a left football ball playing centre back.
              4) Eze is going to have a crazy season as long as he has the right striker to play off and is given the freedom to play solely as an attacker. Sylla I think is our best bet as they looked very in tune yesterday.
              5) We need Pawel back in this side to give us something different. We're right now playing with Eze and Smyth who both like to drift centrally and it means Sylla isn't being utilised fully.
              6) Scowen needs to face the goal when he receives the ball or it's going to be a long season.
              7) Our keeper had 5% of the possession of the ball in this game... way too much for a team that doesn't play out of the back well.
              8) Luongo is not up to match fitness, but Freeman perpetually looks like he's just finished a kebab before the game.
              9) Refs are still cack.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas. It does not matter who plays up top none of them run off the ball so when we do attack it is easy to defend against. Oh for Heider Helguson from 8 year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Nas. It does not matter who plays up top none of them run off the ball so when we do attack it is easy to defend against. Oh for Heider Helguson from 8 year ago.
                  Wait are you saying Helguson was the last striker we had who ran off the ball in the Championship? Because we literally had Charlie Austin a few years ago...

Sylla definitely makes runs off the ball but never recieves it in the air.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No Nas I am saying it would be good to have him. No mention of Austin just an appreciation of Heider.

Comment

Heider was quality exactly what we’re missing now. So strong could take ball down and hold it up and bring others into the game

Comment

We need to play a classic 4-4-2 as our 'strikers' only really score when the ball is delivered into the 6 yard box. Until we replace them we have to play their strengths or we won't score. We really seemed to lack the intensity we had under Holloway, yesterday reminded me of how we played under JFH.

Comment

Totally agree Westy. Think we missed him after Hughes got rid.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            My take aways from yesterday's game:

1) Not one player in our back 6 (Ingram, Lynch, BFG, Kakay, Bidwell, Scowen) Can legitimately pick out a pass.
                            2) Massimo and Freeman are for some reason taking the roles of second wingers which doesn't help with the first take away because they have no options in the centre of the park. We're effectively playing two left wingers and two right wingers atm.
                            3) We need a pacey left back because Bidwell is not only not good enough at transitioning from defence to attack, but he comes back wayyyy too late and leaves his flank exposed, then decides he wants to be a centre back most of the time and leaves the flank exposed (For the goal). Alongside him, Lynch needs replacing for being average at best and not even being that good at what should make him unique and useful... being a left football ball playing centre back.
                            4) Eze is going to have a crazy season as long as he has the right striker to play off and is given the freedom to play solely as an attacker. Sylla I think is our best bet as they looked very in tune yesterday.
                            5) We need Pawel back in this side to give us something different. We're right now playing with Eze and Smyth who both like to drift centrally and it means Sylla isn't being utilised fully.
                            6) Scowen needs to face the goal when he receives the ball or it's going to be a long season.
                            7) Our keeper had 5% of the possession of the ball in this game... way too much for a team that doesn't play out of the back well.
                            8) Luongo is not up to match fitness, but Freeman perpetually looks like he's just finished a kebab before the game.
                            9) Refs are still cack.
                            This. Every word except point 4. Sylla is pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              We need to play a classic 4-4-2 as our 'strikers' only really score when the ball is delivered into the 6 yard box. Until we replace them we have to play their strengths or we won't score. We really seemed to lack the intensity we had under Holloway, yesterday reminded me of how we played under JFH.
                              They don`t seem to want to play that anymore..We have the squad for it, imo.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                                Why play with two strikers who aren't getting service? All we're doing is limiting service further and having 2 players do Sweet FA. Much rather see us just play with a legitimate winger on one side of a 433.

Ingram/Lumley
                                Kakay Leistner Anyone Anyone please
                                Luongo Scowen Freeman
                                Wszolek Sylla/Smith Eze

Bring on Samuel and Smyth later in the game when legs are tired on the other side. Freeman with the most freedom in the midfield to drift, Luongo running into the box late for those headers (Surprisingly good in the air offensively) and Scowen playing front to goal out to the other two early.

Comment

Working...
                                X