Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early to bring back Holloway, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early to bring back Holloway, but.....

It is very early days, and we cannot draw conclusions after two matches, but I cannot help feeling Holloway would have done better. We had a great record against the weaker teams last season and I feel pretty sure Holloway would set us up to beat this poor Sheffield United team. At this point in time last season we already had 4 points in the bag.

I hope SMc will manage to turn things around though, and as a fan I am all behind him. I know it might take time to change style of play, and results might start to come soon, but I simply think Holloway is a better manager (and SMc a better coach).I just cannot get it out of my head that I think we have made a mistake.

Holloway as manager and Schteve as coach would be great, but I obviously know it wouldn't happen!

Got to agree, maclaren 1 win in 12 and win was with derby

Comment

I agree & think mclarens got us to worried about keeping our shape when we need to let the shackles off every now & then.

Comment

I agree. As the aim for the season is avoiding relegation IH would be my preferred choice.

Big game against Peterborough next

Comment

So you would rather have kept Holloways madcap formations, selections, changes multiple times mid game and crazy subs. And then to not learn and start the same way the next game and the next game and the next game ...... Repeat
          We've had two games ffs give the guy some time

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            It is very early days, and we cannot draw conclusions after two matches, but I cannot help feeling Holloway would have done better. We had a great record against the weaker teams last season and I feel pretty sure Holloway would set us up to beat this poor Sheffield United team. At this point in time last season we already had 4 points in the bag.

I hope SMc will manage to turn things around though, and as a fan I am all behind him. I know it might take time to change style of play, and results might start to come soon, but I simply think Holloway is a better manager (and SMc a better coach).I just cannot get it out of my head that I think we have made a mistake.

Holloway as manager and Schteve as coach would be great, but I obviously know it wouldn't happen!
            We could still be relegated in April with a stronger squad under Holloway.

Sheffield United could make the play offs going into the back of April.

​The penny has got to drop that we're relegation candidates this year but there were a few positives from today to suggest we won't go down with a whimper.

Comment

Holloway was unemployable at this level. We only improved after someone else started managing Holloway resulting in change in formation and line ups. Not a clue if Steve right but no way Holloway. Maybe whoever was managing Holloway though!

Comment

Olly got us points at home, 41, mclaren wont rwach that figure, so yes olly back please

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Holloway was unemployable at this level. We only improved after someone else started managing Holloway resulting in change in formation and line ups. Not a clue if Steve right but no way Holloway. Maybe whoever was managing Holloway though!
                  Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                    Olly got us points at home, 41, mclaren wont rwach that figure, so yes olly back please
                    How the hell do you know. We've only had 1 game at home.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Spot on
                      Your`re both talking complete nonsense.

Comment

My god I’ve just been reading some embarrassing #### on social media. Thought I’d pop on here for a quick scan before work as it can’t be as ridiculous as some of the ######## being written on there. How wrong I was. Yeah that’s it just sack the manager because he’s dared to lose a couple of games with a weaker side than last year. Absolutely ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          My god I’ve just been reading some embarrassing #### on social media. Thought I’d pop on here for a quick scan before work as it can’t be as ridiculous as some of the ######## being written on there. How wrong I was. Yeah that’s it just sack the manager because he’s dared to lose a couple of games with a weaker side than last year. Absolutely ridiculous
                          I know Greg. Madness ain't it. People absolutely panicking already. Makes you laugh. Think i might stay off here tonight or i might get banned

Comment

Time will tell, I thought Ollie should have been kept on but was pleased with the SM appointment, I didn't see the match today, it doesn't sound good by most accounts, Shef Utd at home should be winnable!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

I know Greg. Madness ain't it. People absolutely panicking already. Makes you laugh
                              Makes me ####ing angry mate. The boys need us now more than ever and the majority of stuff I read from ######s online wreaks of individuals that are almost happy that there’s something to ####ing moan about. The club don’t need supporters, and I use that in the loosest possible term, like that

Comment

Working...
                              X