It's gonna be a long old season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Seriously, was that really a pen? Never looked like it to me in a million years.
    Seen it on TV. First angle it looked very soft but another angle it did look like a foul....... made no effort to jump or attack the ball, just sort of clumsily "bummed" McGoldrick out of the way and then did a pathetic collapse to try and con ref he'd been fouled by the attacker. Reckon it'd be given 7 out of 10 times mostly on the basis it's a player genuinely going for a ball being impeded by a player not going for the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      The midfield 3 were pitiful
      This. Play two of the three. With Wszolek. And Symth and Smith up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Seriously, was that really a pen? Never looked like it to me in a million years.
        Looked like Lynch just fell backwards onto him, just pure clumsiness from where I was sitting

Comment

The writing has been on the wall for months
          Just some cannot see it for some reason
          The problem is not Ollie of Steve
          ITS LACK OF FARKING INVESTMENT FOR MONTHS CHAPS

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            What worries me the most is that Sheffield United were utter shite too.
            They were but we never looked like scoring an equilizer.
            eze looked good but we look like a team destined for a season long relegation battle.

Comment

I'm willing to give the team and McClaren time to get things right. Yes we've had two bad results but too early to say we're gonna be relegated or as bad as some are making out. I get that we've got West Brom next too but what is normally the QPR way with these bigger games. Players will know they need to improve and step up.

Comment

Just back. From where I was standing (i.e. R block) the team wasn't as bad as you make out Ginge. I thought Freeman played well until he was pushed wider second half. He did really well for Eze's goal. Scowen was okay, Bidwell was okay. Kakay impressive debut. Leistner composed, misdirected pass apart. Ingram a bit shaky, but made a couple of good stops. But his distribution is worrying. Smyth energetic and willing to try things. And Eze is so easy on the eye, what a beautiful player to watch. So not all terrible by a long chalk, and of course, it is early days!

However, Lynch was dire, Luongo contributed little (and looks strangely lighter) and Sylla didn't offer much. BOS was crap when he came on, thought it was a mistake to take Smyth off. We went downhill from there.

When Washington came on I laughed. You know you're in last chance saloon when he's on the pitch.

So, a lot of work still to do. We need a back to goal striker in the Furlong mould and we need a CB with pace. Meanwhile, like PNE, SU stitched us up like a kipper, with the aid of a woeful ref and blind linesman (Ellerslie Road side).

Yes, it's going to be a long season.

Comment

I hope the club started working on loans straightaway and not wait until the 31st of August.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Just back. From where I was standing (i.e. R block) the team wasn't as bad as you make out Ginge. I thought Freeman played well until he was pushed wider second half. He did really well for Eze's goal. Scowen was okay, Bidwell was okay. Kakay impressive debut. Leistner composed, misdirected pass apart. Ingram a bit shaky, but made a couple of good stops. But his distribution is worrying. Smyth energetic and willing to try things. And Eze is so easy on the eye, what a beautiful player to watch. So not all terrible by a long chalk, and of course, it is early days!

However, Lynch was dire, Luongo contributed little (and looks strangely lighter) and Sylla didn't offer much. BOS was crap when he came on, thought it was a mistake to take Smyth off. We went downhill from there.

When Washington came on I laughed. You know you're in last chance saloon when he's on the pitch.

So, a lot of work still to do. We need a back to goal striker in the Furlong mould and we need a CB with pace. Meanwhile, like PNE, SU stitched us up like a kipper, with the aid of a woeful ref and blind linesman (Ellerslie Road side).

Yes, it's going to be a long season.
                    I think you are nearer the mark.

My main concern was how slowly they moved the ball around and lack of movement from Sylla.

Play Wyzsolek on the right wing and 2 forwards up front

Comment

Still baffled by the managerial change

Comment

Totally agree north. Infact we probably need Ollie more than ever to scrap it out for some points which is overachieving with a very average squad
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think you are nearer the mark.

My main concern was how slowly they moved the ball around and lack of movement from Sylla.

Play Wyzsolek on the right wing and 2 forwards up front
                          He is off they say.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Totally agree north. Infact we probably need Ollie more than ever to scrap it out for some points which is overachieving with a very average squad
                            Yep, wasn't his biggest fan at times but type of man you need in charge for this type of situation.

Comment

Lack of movement up top coupled with the fact we do not move the ball with any pace means every game is a hard game. Ingram looks exactly as I thought he would be and that is average at best. McClaren has not a great deal to work with and it shows as without at least 3 to 4 loaness we will be in league one next year. We are now in the worst state as a team and club since John Gregory was manager with Chris Barker and John Curtis at full backs.

Comment

Quite many of our players need a wake up call. They are not that bad individually, but there are some exceptions ofcourse, Lynch and Scowen are not very good.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X