X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ranger4life
    replied
    In a nutshell, yes.

The point Les Ferdinand made about not being able to use the stadium week days for conferences and the like made a strong argument for a move. That being said, 1) surely parking is an issue for most places in London and 2) this could be mitigated by buying up some land and creating an exclusive car park for QPR? Need a lot less land to do this than build a new stadium. I might get crucified for this suggestion, but you could buy up the Springbok for example and level it to make parking. If it came to losing a pub vs losing my club I know which one I would choose.

At the moment we are the only West London club to boast the West London postcode, which is a great point of trivia, but that's about it. I think the club needs to stay in West London anywhere outside that and you may have a mutiny from fans on your hands.

Kent needs a big club! Then again, I'm biased. We obviously don't want to do an MK Dons because that would just about finish our club.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I believe, many years ago the club use to own many of them.
    Yeah Iv always said we should have had all the houses down Ellerslie and little Loftus and the school years ago

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Who has done more in the community than QPR after the Grenfell tragedy? If the planning authorities don't take into account the club's history and its community work and being part of the fabric of the area for decades then we have no hope of staying in the area.

Leave a comment:

• maidstone_hoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I think with the Linford Christie they were talking about having a separate stadium for athletics next to the football ground, so the running track wouldn't be around the pitch.
    My understanding is the athletic track would not be incorporated into the stadium but adjacent to it.

surely this is a win for everyone. Redevelopment of a derelict site with poor facilities, QPR stay in the borough with a multi use stadium creating more jobs for the local community and revenue for the area.

if this doesn’t go through then we are seriously left with no choice but to relocate out the borough.

Leave a comment:

• qprted
    replied
    this subject has been done to death ,when arsenal sold highbury they created a buisiness plan but london real estate has gone through the roof since arsenal moved so we can build 1000 million pound flats all around the qpr pitch which has a conservation order on it 50 per cent of our flats must be built on south africa road ,the reason for that is that the origioal idea of developing ellerslie road by smashing down those houses is illegal as it interfears with the natural light that houses must have ,so although we get 1000 million it will cost three hundred million pounds to build the complex ,so we are left with 700 million pound ,so that is the only way forward to secure our long term future,and build a stadium that can host pop concerts,the new stadium will have four concept pubs one on each corner of the stadium,its a no brainer really linford christie stadium here we come

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
    Don’t mind leaving, but no way would want an athletics track round the pitch, no matter how good the stadium might be.
    I think with the Linford Christie they were talking about having a separate stadium for athletics next to the football ground, so the running track wouldn't be around the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    I wouldn't stop supporting the club, but I would feel very disconnected if we moved out into the home counties such as Middlesex or even further out into North West London. I see us as an inner city football club and it would be a real shame if we left. That said, if the football improved people wouldn't care, but if the football continued to be bad then there's nothing left of the club for me. A massive part of supporting QPR is about the match day down the Bush, being in town on Saturday and all the fun that comes with it. I don't like the idea of spending a Saturday or a Tuesday night after work trekking to the outskirts of London to watch us play Stevenage in the league cup! If Wimedon have managed to secure Plough Lane there's hope for us.

Leave a comment:

• BarryBarry
    replied
    Don’t mind leaving, but no way would want an athletics track round the pitch, no matter how good the stadium might be.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
    As long as we stay in West London then that is the main thing to me.
    We’re originaly from North West London, which I’d be happy with too. In fact it would suit me better.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Yes I would. Provided the club itself doesn't change, like MK Dons.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Great post Jeff, especially liked: We all move house from time to time and have to take a different route to LR so QPR moving home would be no different. Just my thoughts

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    undecided , all depends on where and when

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Article on the offish stating The LC Stadium is now officially the only option left if we want to stay in W12.

Any fans wanting to join the campaign for a new stadium should email SecureRFuture@qpr.co.uk for more information on how to get involved

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    Hoos bangs on about the running costs of Loftus Road but I can't see how a new stadium will be any different as we'll also have the debt from the building of a new stadium. He talks about other revenue generating activities but I can't see how that'll even help us brake even let alone turn a profit. Before you think about diversifying our portfolio we should focus on our core offering...football. I think we need to get a new training ground asap and think about how we can attract the best young footballers. We should take advantage of the fact Brentford don't have a youth team and give young players a clear route to first team football... Which we're doing.

We need to get to the point where we're consistently attracking 16k home fans at the very least before we think about moving. Sadly we don't have a many dedicated fans which means we'll always be limited on how much we can make on match days.
    But Hoos is probably bang on about the potential new fans being put off by the out of date facilities at Loftus Rd.
    A new ground is needed at the LC stadium is exactly what they need.

In the meantime lets hope and pray or whatever that the club can get the new training ground built and attract quality promising youngsters like Eze, BOS, Smyth, Chair etc and have a side that can win promotion back to the
    Premiership .

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    If we were to leave London then what areas could we realistically relocate to that would capitalise on our support and not be to far from Our home - would areas Uxbridge or Hillingdon work or even maybe other Greater London areas?
    I was born West Kilburn/Queens Park and most of the people I knew or went to school with gradually moved west or north west so yes, but we should stay closer to home if at all possible. Not sure we would attract new support out in the suburbs and we need more than the diehards who fill the Central line every week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X