Woud you be happy to leave W12 to secure our long term future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

You're not wrong but who ? Brentford getting their new one Fulham happy where they are
    Not up for sharing a ground with those mugs anyway
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london...-a3904306.html

Comment

Hoos bangs on about the running costs of Loftus Road but I can't see how a new stadium will be any different as we'll also have the debt from the building of a new stadium. He talks about other revenue generating activities but I can't see how that'll even help us brake even let alone turn a profit. Before you think about diversifying our portfolio we should focus on our core offering...football. I think we need to get a new training ground asap and think about how we can attract the best young footballers. We should take advantage of the fact Brentford don't have a youth team and give young players a clear route to first team football... Which we're doing.

We need to get to the point where we're consistently attracking 16k home fans at the very least before we think about moving. Sadly we don't have a many dedicated fans which means we'll always be limited on how much we can make on match days.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
          Hoos bangs on about the running costs of Loftus Road but I can't see how a new stadium will be any different as we'll also have the debt from the building of a new stadium. He talks about other revenue generating activities but I can't see how that'll even help us brake even let alone turn a profit. Before you think about diversifying our portfolio we should focus on our core offering...football. I think we need to get a new training ground asap and think about how we can attract the best young footballers. We should take advantage of the fact Brentford don't have a youth team and give young players a clear route to first team football... Which we're doing.

We need to get to the point where we're consistently attracking 16k home fans at the very least before we think about moving. Sadly we don't have a many dedicated fans which means we'll always be limited on how much we can make on match days.

That's because we could be making millions a time when a concert happens, or for staging other games/sports. The corporate side would also increase and the numbers attending will spike as well, as it always does with everyone when there is a new stadium.

Having said that, apparently having two tiers costs a lot but then I do not see how it can be more than the likes of Millwall.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

That's because we could be making millions a time when a concert happens, or for staging other games/sports. The corporate side would also increase and the numbers attending will spike as well, as it always does with everyone when there is a new stadium.

Having said that, apparently having two tiers costs a lot but then I do not see how it can be more than the likes of Millwall.
            I wish that was true, we'd be entering into a competitive market with no obvious USP. I still believe the football needs to improve first and it's also an area where we can make significantly more money, sales of players, sponsorship, TV etc... God only knows how Millwall survives. They've submitted plans to bring the Den up to premier league standards and, so I've been told, are looking to fill in the corners of the stadium. Even Wimbledon are building a new stadium! It seems like we're being left behind!

Comment

we ain't going no where , the club is being run by the clueless

Comment

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos has given a strong indication that the club will use the loan market to strengthen the squad before the end of the month.

German defender Toni Leistner, signed from FC Union Berlin, was Rangers’ only addition to the first-team squad during the transfer window.

But the loan window remains open until 31 August and Hoos has assured fans that Rangers will look to bring players in.

“I understand their disappointment that we have not added any further players since the arrival of Toni from Union Berlin,” Hoos told the club website.

“However, the early closure of the transfer window this summer significantly changes the landscape and this can be used to our benefit. We are looking to bring loan players in. We can do this until the end of August.

“Clubs who were looking to sell their players on permanent deals will now be looking to loan them out, whereas prior to the window closing this was not an option they were considering.

“We will be looking to add to the squad. We are aware of the areas that need strengthening and we are looking to do that while in keeping with the club’s financial parameters.”

Looks to me that leaving London might be more of a reality.

Comment

You dont need to leave W12 to secure our future. We merely default to being a small Championship/L1 and living within our means. Ir does means that getting to, and staying in, the permership becomes much harder. Im happy to where we are, cut our cloth accordingly and focus on youth development.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    You dont need to leave W12 to secure our future. We merely default to being a small Championship/L1 and living within our means. Ir does means that getting to, and staying in, the permership becomes much harder. Im happy to where we are, cut our cloth accordingly and focus on youth development.
                    Respect you answer and in a lot of ways I agree with your sentiment. Question though - if the stadium did move out of W12, would you still follow rangers?
                    Gloucester R's - No Sheep Shagging Allowed

Comment

As long as we stay in West London then that is the main thing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucester_R View Post

Respect you answer and in a lot of ways I agree with your sentiment. Question though - if the stadium did move out of W12, would you still follow rangers?
                        Cant see where it would go without stepping on another club's toes. At least MK was a new town. Answer, from a far yes, but less likely in person.

Comment

Again I ask, what the hell is hoos saying all that for, this is the dofs job. Where is smiler?
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Seems things are moving regarding Linford Christie site. Artical in todays standard. Gist of says this is our last hope of staying in w12 Plans to build a seperate athletics track. Consultation will be issued by the club. If this don't go through, we will have to leave the area. Lobbying support from Hammersmith and Fulham. Faceing strong protests from the locals who wants open land. All comments attributed to Lee hoos

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Without a new stadium we don't default to a small Championship club because we are that already. We default to being a small Div 1 club.
                              As for leaving W12 it depends on where but do the local council really want us? Do they see LR as just a potential housing estate.

Comment

New twitter account up and running.... Please follow. StayInW12 @StayInW12 Hello from "Stay in W12"! We are a new independent fans group seeking to support #QPR's efforts to secure a new stadium in W12, in our historic home of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. 2h

Comment

Working...
                                X