No announcement yet.

Woud you be happy to leave W12 to secure our long term future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, the current board are not serious about moving. They occasionally publish some lovely looking pictures and talk about one but it's all done to make the fans happy.
    ​​​​​​
    Secondly, Brentford moved into waste land, both Arsenal and Spurs moved less than a goalkeeper's clearance away with the latter even less distance with some overlap with their previous ground, West Ham were given an all ready built stadium and Chelsea was redevelopment not a new site. Even the last new London club ground before that cluster, The New Den, was built on waste land 100 yards or so from their old stadium.

If we are serious about moving and I am incorrect with my first point, we need to stop making plans for highly contested land and work WITH the council (and neighbouring ones) to identify possibilities. However, the cynic in me suspects the reason why we do always find land with such passionate objections is because of the first point I made.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
      Firstly, the current board are not serious about moving. They occasionally publish some lovely looking pictures and talk about one but it's all done to make the fans happy.
      ​​​​​​
      Secondly, Brentford moved into waste land, both Arsenal and Spurs moved less than a goalkeeper's clearance away with the latter even less distance with some overlap with their previous ground, West Ham were given an all ready built stadium and Chelsea was redevelopment not a new site. Even the last new London club ground before that cluster, The New Den, was built on waste land 100 yards or so from their old stadium.

If we are serious about moving and I am incorrect with my first point, we need to stop making plans for highly contested land and work WITH the council (and neighbouring ones) to identify possibilities. However, the cynic in me suspects the reason why we do always find land with such passionate objections is because of the first point I made.
      I think the problem is we are dead set on a multi-purpose site. Something than can incorporate a football stadium, concert venue, retails and business facilities etc. Limits options a little bit I'd guess!

Comment

I think the stadium project itself wouldn't be profitable so you would need housing projects alongside. Don't know it that would be possible at Linford Christie area?

Comment

Sponsorship of the stadium will bring in a hell of a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I think the problem is we are dead set on a multi-purpose site. Something than can incorporate a football stadium, concert venue, retails and business facilities etc. Limits options a little bit I'd guess!
            Agree they need forget the add ons of hotels and housing, as that requires more land, and just find plot for stadium which has improved hospitality and facilities

the site in West Acton/ Park Royal would do the job also with bit of clever thought waste land top South Africa Road by new BBC/TAs could be considered

For me all the added trimmings they want is major blocker. I would also go back Car giant apologie for way we acted previously and say were not after all your land anymore just part big enough for stadium so let’s make it a win win

Comment

Move outside London? F**k off. Not even out of West London

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                what about ealing/kilburn/acton area? prime real estate for a new stadium is nigh on impossible to find in london now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  Totally agree. Being a West London club is the key element of our heritage and if we can't find land in an area which will allow us to remain a West London club we should stay put and accept whatever that may cost us both on and off the pitch.

I would rather be at Loftus Road in the National League with a local derby against Sutton United than at Slough, for example, in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Agree they need forget the add ons of hotels and housing, as that requires more land, and just find plot for stadium which has improved hospitality and facilities

the site in West Acton/ Park Royal would do the job also with bit of clever thought waste land top South Africa Road by new BBC/TAs could be considered

For me all the added trimmings they want is major blocker. I would also go back Car giant apologie for way we acted previously and say were not after all your land anymore just part big enough for stadium so let’s make it a win win
                    The only thing wrong with that westy is their second word will be off

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

what about ealing/kilburn/acton area? prime real estate for a new stadium is nigh on impossible to find in london now.
                      All West London so all very acceptable.

Comment

Cant move out of West London ,full stop . As OldR says it is our heritage and an integral part of the club , it would be like selling your soul .
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

These are in London.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

No one helping us FFS they are getting the offer of training ground from Ealing council for fark all , and looking to get the Linford Christy for next to zilch , stop whining FFS
                            Agree. Be nice to get the nimbies sorted and Warren Farm started, as you say we’ve had full support from Ealing council on this. Thought I read somewhere that H&F council had provisionally supported plan for Linford Christie stadium and was due for council discussions in autumn. Think T.F’s tweet was there to keep at top of council priorities

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I believe, many years ago the club use to own many of them.
                              Yes, this has history it's not just the current lot to blame that we have a cramped stadium. I believe we could have bought the school once but we sold Parkes, Allen and Goddard and built stands that even 40/50 years ago weren't exactly state of the art.

Comment

Missed a great opportunity when Unigate Dairies sold up on Western Ave near Park Royal Stn. Easy big enough as they had a great pitch for sports club at back.

Comment

Working...
                                X