Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubble
    replied
    Every time I see this thread title it kicks this bloody song off in my head:

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Good points Dogs, DOF is not issue having competent one is

Les has learned on job and he’s ok now in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Because the CEO has zero footballing experience, whereas the DOF does - therefore the two work together pooling their skill sets together. The CEO has business skills which the DOF does not.

Furthermore we've been down the road of having a CEO with no one of football experience to work alongside him and we all know that ended disastrously, so the DOF was appointed because the club learnt from that lesson.
    There's nothing wrong with having a DOF but there was when Les was appoint he way out of his depth , the first two years were prety woeful but I'll credit him he's got to grips with the job I,know I'll get stick for saying our recruitment improved when Ollie joined along with Penrice , I think only then he listened and took advice and works closer with his staff

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by swede View Post
    We have a CEO and the CEO should be the one pulling it together. The CEO is the leader of the club and responsible for a it´s overall operations and performance. Scouts reports-talk to the Manager and the Manager talks-reports to the CEO - why a DOF?
    Because the CEO has zero footballing experience, whereas the DOF does - therefore the two work together pooling their skill sets together. The CEO has business skills which the DOF does not.

Furthermore we've been down the road of having a CEO with no one of football experience to work alongside him and we all know that ended disastrously, so the DOF was appointed because the club learnt from that lesson.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Sir Les is also scouting.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    If two clubs are in for the same player and one offers 15% commission and the other club offers 22.5% who will look after? As a freelance his loyalty is to himself.

Leave a comment:

• The General
    replied
    Has Tarbie left the board ??

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Which means that clubs who pay him more commission will get first dibs. While we will be offered what ever our kidney beans pays for. Would much rather a scout who was full time employed by the club. Fair play to Penrice though, he must be on a nice little earner working for all those clubs.
    That’s my view Hits he who pays most eats at the top table

How does it work if he works for say us and Brentford we’re both after a CB and same player identified fits both clubs criteria. Surely a conflict of interest

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Which means that clubs who pay him more commission will get first dibs. While we will be offered what ever our kidney beans pays for. Would much rather a scout who was full time employed by the club. Fair play to Penrice though, he must be on a nice little earner working for all those clubs.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Probably right doggs. He probably does get a wage just not as much if solely employed by the club.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    What's wrong with freelance means he's not on a weekly wage gets paid on results surely the clubs quids in rather having him on the books , am I right or wrong ?
    who scouted the youngsters we signed this summer ?

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    When he was appointed the club made it clear he was freelance.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Freelance. My good god it gets better.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    So if he’s freelance how does he decide what players he pushes in or direction and what he pushes in other clubs. Don’t feel comfortable with this

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    So our chief scout is freelance and is not solely contracted to our club. What brains decided that, that was a good idea. Due to our poor financial situation, it is important to cut unnecessary expenditure. Think it's safe to say that the freelancer and his army of scouts who have manage 1 free transfer in two transfer windows is an unnecessary expense on the clubs finances. Then, we have dof grin, what purpose does this smiling joker serve. Gets the best part of a quarter of a million pounds per year to hire and fire his mates. Again another expense that this club does not need. Then we have Andy Sinton. A lovely fella but seriously, apart from shaking hands with the fans and posing for photos, is his wage warrented. Start cutting the off the pitch groupie gang before you start cutting the team and not replacing them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X