• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swede View Post

Eh, no.
    Well last time we had CEO no DOF we got in mess we did

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I would argue our current financial position makes the DOF position even more vital for a team like ours.

We have no money so certainly can’t afford a new manager coming in and saying I need change entire squad so I have my own players!!! We’re not in that ball game anymore so you need that one consistent person pulling it all together

Problem comes when the DOF is not bringing players in like this window, now is that DOFs fault due to financial restrictions or is it scouting issue???

Said on other thread Penrice seems to be getting away Scot free from any criticism
      Two things there westy we changed our manager and the hasn't had the chance to say I want to bring my own players so why would the next one ?
      is Penrice still here ? If he is he as all scouts they don't sign players only recommend them how do we know he hasn't after all we've been linked with a lot of players that the board hasn't after on for one reason or another

Comment

But in theory Dogs DOF means manager don’t need to bring his own players in he works with what he’s given

on scouts and Penrice what are they recommending??? Sainsbury a WC player who has options of top leagues why the hell would they even suggest him as a possibility was never going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          But in theory Dogs DOF means manager don’t need to bring his own players in he works with what he’s given

on scouts and Penrice what are they recommending??? Sainsbury a WC player who has options of top leagues why the hell would they even suggest him as a possibility was never going to happen
          Without doubt buddy it could have been Pen or it could very well have been Luongo that suggested him after chatting at world cup camp which was always going to be a non starter as you say but I think it's a bit harsh to blame Penrice for what appears to the boards hesitancy to strike a deal on the few others we were asociatedwith just my feeling or or maybe your right Penrice came up blank which I find hard to believe seeing the signings we made over the last 18 months

Comment

Amazing accusations coming in right, left, and center.
            As WLS put it: "It is worth bearing in mind that Penrice is technically freelance and not formally a QPR staff member, although he is the club’s chief scout in all but name."
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

So our chief scout is freelance and is not solely contracted to our club. What brains decided that, that was a good idea. Due to our poor financial situation, it is important to cut unnecessary expenditure. Think it's safe to say that the freelancer and his army of scouts who have manage 1 free transfer in two transfer windows is an unnecessary expense on the clubs finances. Then, we have dof grin, what purpose does this smiling joker serve. Gets the best part of a quarter of a million pounds per year to hire and fire his mates. Again another expense that this club does not need. Then we have Andy Sinton. A lovely fella but seriously, apart from shaking hands with the fans and posing for photos, is his wage warrented. Start cutting the off the pitch groupie gang before you start cutting the team and not replacing them.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

So if he’s freelance how does he decide what players he pushes in or direction and what he pushes in other clubs. Don’t feel comfortable with this

Comment

Freelance. My good god it gets better.

Comment

When he was appointed the club made it clear he was freelance.

Comment

What's wrong with freelance means he's not on a weekly wage gets paid on results surely the clubs quids in rather having him on the books , am I right or wrong ?
                      who scouted the youngsters we signed this summer ?

Comment

Probably right doggs. He probably does get a wage just not as much if solely employed by the club.

Comment

Which means that clubs who pay him more commission will get first dibs. While we will be offered what ever our kidney beans pays for. Would much rather a scout who was full time employed by the club. Fair play to Penrice though, he must be on a nice little earner working for all those clubs.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Which means that clubs who pay him more commission will get first dibs. While we will be offered what ever our kidney beans pays for. Would much rather a scout who was full time employed by the club. Fair play to Penrice though, he must be on a nice little earner working for all those clubs.
                            That’s my view Hits he who pays most eats at the top table

How does it work if he works for say us and Brentford we’re both after a CB and same player identified fits both clubs criteria. Surely a conflict of interest

Comment

Has Tarbie left the board ??

Comment

If two clubs are in for the same player and one offers 15% commission and the other club offers 22.5% who will look after? As a freelance his loyalty is to himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X