Hoos. We will use the loan market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corbray View Post

lol i keep away from twitter mainly coz of how toxic it can be at times. don't get me wrong, i'm pretty plssed off that we haven't signed anyone on a perm this window and that lee has basically deemed it as a success but some of the downright vile abuse that our owners get is truly disgusting and embarrassing to see.
    play with fire you get burnt

Comment

• I'm disappointed too but a lot of fans don't realise that if we're close to falling foul of ffp again then there's nothing anyone can do. The f.a will be watching our finances like a hawk from now on so we have to adhere to it all. We won't be able to spend again til the last couple of years accounts have passed. So although we all don't want to be in this situation we gave to accept it. Moaning doesn't do anyone any good. People moan about how the owners have put us in this situation but pretty much everyone welcomed it at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post

OK.

So point 1. Parachute payments only apply to clubs that are relegated from the Premier league. Clubs that are relegated from the Championship who have never been in the Premier League do not receive any parachute payments if they are relegated from the Championship. Clubs that received parachute payments by virtue of them having been relegated from the Premier League continue the receive the parachute payments until their eligibility period expires, even if during that period they are relegated to Division one (hence Sunderland's eligibility).

Point 2 (which I am unclear about.). Parachute payments only last for 4 years after relegation from the Premier League. But for this year we still get £10m. as our share of renegotiated fees between Sky and the Premiership. Does this cease for the 2019/20 season and beyond? Do other Championship clubs get this payment, or is it only those who were Premiership clubs at the time or those who would have been as the contract was "back dated"?

Point 3. Because Championship games are broadcast by a number of TV channels. Do those channels pay rights that are distributed to other Championship clubs?

Point 4. If we sell high earning players, we get their wages off our costs But increase our costs by the cost of the wages of any players we may sign. As we depreciate the cost of players over the length of their contact. (So someone signing for £1m over a 5 years period costs us £200k p.a), If we sell them for £1m after 2 years, do we get a credit in our income of £400k?.

Sorry to burden you with all this, but I am trying to understand the detail of it myself, and I don't think it would harm if others knew as well. (or at least gained an inkling)
        I believe much of this was covered in a previous post of mine on finances. If you missed that, then here is the link:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...business-model

Maybe it helps answer some questions. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
          Wow. Just been on twitter and the abuse of Lee and Les is embarrassing and downright nasty. We really do have a lot of complete ar$eh0les as fans. One even going as far to say if we didn't sign anyone their families would be targeted. Jeez.
          I hope they realise the majority of the Twitter lot are either trolls who don't support QPR, or the dregs of our fan base. Absolute embarrassments, the lot of them, not just to the club or us fellow fans, but in life in general.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I hope they realise the majority of the Twitter lot are either trolls who don't support QPR, or the dregs of our fan base. Absolute embarrassments, the lot of them, not just to the club or us fellow fans, but in life in general.
            Fulham chucking £100 million at players this window has no doubt fuelled the vitriol of some of our so called fans.
            Some just can’t get their heads round the FFP situation and never will. All they can see is what other clubs are able to do instead of what we are restricted from doing.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Fulham chucking £100 million at players this window has no doubt fuelled the vitriol of some of our so called fans.
              Some just can’t get their heads round the FFP situation and never will. All they can see is what other clubs are able to do instead of what we are restricted from doing.
              I think they understand the FFP thing perfectly well, they just need to continue whining and moaning as if it gives their lives some sort of meaning.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I think they understand the FFP thing perfectly well, they just need to continue whining and moaning as if it gives their lives some sort of meaning.
                Totally agree Ginge, it seems to me they are on message boards/social media just waiting for the slightest thing to have a bitch about. I often wonder if they knock one out before or after they post

Comment

• whatever is on twitter i dont condon but the whole saga has been a disgrace from day one.
                  i dont know the full extent of our financial burden but i bet its a lot worse than the powers that be are telling us.

because of this fans supporters young and old are frustrated angry and sad that at the position we find ourselves in.

as most of the damage if nit all has been done under Tf
                  it is little wonder he is getting stick as it happened under his leadership or lack of.

just read he is coming to the end of his chairmanship
                  and will leave one hell of a mess to be sorted how i dont know.

i just feel gutted that the club i have followrd for over fifty
                  years hss been so mismanaged in this wsy and yes i am angry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny View Post

I believe much of this was covered in a previous post of mine on finances. If you missed that, then here is the link:

waffle of an extrodinary standard

Comment

• There's some right idiots on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

waffle of an extrodinary standard
                        You don't have to read it bill but others might so will be grateful for the 'waffle' as you refer to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Tensions are running high but no need for that at all. I am frustrated with Fernandes and co and have said so for years but only on here and all to do with his time as chairman.
                          Same here. It is frustrating but to make it personal is just way over the line and is not acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Thanks Jonny, I'll take a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post

Totally agree Ginge, it seems to me they are on message boards/social media just waiting for the slightest thing to have a bitch about. I often wonder if they knock one out before or after they post
                              You're in your element when moaning about those moaning, so do you knock one out at the same time?

Listen, people are entitled to their opinion - positive or negative - and there doesn't feel much to be positive about when it comes to the club at the moment. Give it a few months and that could all change (let's hope) or realistically get even worse. Getting emotional about someone's opinion just seems a complete waste of time (but is typical of the usual mob on this forum).

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                Hahahaha i meant scored lots of goals and had assists
                                Has he even scored a goal yet? His brother Michael , a CB, can teach him a thing or two about scoring goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X