Hoos. We will use the loan market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Our last payment of £10m finishes at the end of this season. We need to sell £10m worth of players next summer to be as skint as we are this summer.
    It’s about 17m parachute this season. So by your calculations we need to sell 17m of talent. But it does not work like that, there are many other variables.

Our TV/parachute income was 35m in year 1 and 2 and half in year 3 and 4 of parachutes. At year 5, so post-parachute era, season 18/19 we still get 10m TV income even in the championship. This is often missed but is key to the numbers.

So we have a deficit of 20m to fill. It it does not mean we have to sell 20m of talent. The wages have been massively cut in line with this end-state. And in fact, this year we will be in the bottom 3 of the championship wage budget alongside Rotherham and Preston. But that will not become public knowledge till at least 18 months- 2 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

is that it a ton
      What do you suggest bill? Bearing in mind we don’t know each other and I am buying a house next year so I have a higher than average chance of my mrs murdering me if I gamble our life savings lol. Friendly bet serious offer, try me....

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

It’s about 17m parachute this season. So by your calculations we need to sell 17m of talent. But it does not work like that, there are many other variables.

Our TV/parachute income was 35m in year 1 and 2 and half in year 3 and 4 of parachutes. At year 5, so post-parachute era, season 18/19 we still get 10m TV income even in the championship. This is often missed but is key to the numbers.

So we have a deficit of 20m to fill. It it does not mean we have to sell 20m of talent. The wages have been massively cut in line with this end-state. And in fact, this year we will be in the bottom 3 of the championship wage budget alongside Rotherham and Preston. But that will not become public knowledge till at least 18 months- 2 years from now.
        assuming we are still in the game

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          I get the useage of the loan market but why did the club let the fans know that was the case from word go. Now they need to deliver on the loans and of the quality that can improve our team for a tough season ahead.
          The club did say a few weeks ago they would be looking at the loan market, in the interview with McClaren. They probably thought they would get Sainsbury too at that point but as we all know goal posts change. The fact people ignored McClarens loan comments is the reason so many get stupidly upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

What do you suggest bill? Bearing in mind we don’t know each other and I am buying a house next year so I have a higher than average chance of my mrs murdering me if I gamble our life savings lol. Friendly bet serious offer, try me....
            depends where yout buying the house

Comment

Kit. Good point but why not say that instead of the spiel about getting deals done early.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

The club did say a few weeks ago they would be looking at the loan market, in the interview with McClaren. They probably thought they would get Sainsbury too at that point but as we all know goal posts change. The fact people ignored McClarens loan comments is the reason so many get stupidly upset.
                so just choose from the dregs,looking is not actually
                getting anyone

Comment

so Jonny who is left to go for serious question if the strategy is sound
                  All of the known premier league loans last year have been picked up again - Lewis from Chelsea. Harrison from Man City etc. But what you or I do not know are the next crop of youngsters, 1 or 2 years younger than these. These are unknowns but does not mean they are not multi-talented. Perhaps this is the plan or part of it.

But it I actually think it’s more like try before we buy. We already have enough youngsters so I don’t think this makes sense. So I think the likes Tomer Hemed could be a year long loan with a permanent fee agreed up front if we say yes at the end of the season. And clearly we were hoping for the same with Hefele, but Forest trumped us with an outright perm. We probably didn’t want that as still hopeful on Grant Hall.

So my thoughts would be, and I suspect the clubs, is that we pick up a striker and a defender from the prem with a try before you buy strategy. And both will likely be senior pros who don’t make the 25-man premier league squad cut.

Comment

Hemed would be on a fair few quid at Brighton Jonny?

Comment

assuming we are still in the game
                      Why shouldn't we be?

Comment

depends where yout buying the house
                        South east so nice and cheap lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

All of the known premier league loans last year have been picked up again - Lewis from Chelsea. Harrison from Man City etc. But what you or I do not know are the next crop of youngsters, 1 or 2 years younger than these. These are unknowns but does not mean they are not multi-talented. Perhaps this is the plan or part of it.

But it I actually think it’s more like try before we buy. We already have enough youngsters so I don’t think this makes sense. So I think the likes Tomer Hemed could be a year long loan with a permanent fee agreed up front if we say yes at the end of the season. And clearly we were hoping for the same with Hefele, but Forest trumped us with an outright perm. We probably didn’t want that as still hopeful on Grant Hall.

So my thoughts would be, and I suspect the clubs, is that we pick up a striker and a defender from the prem with a try before you buy strategy. And both will likely be senior pros who don’t make the 25-man premier league squad cut.
                          see your point but senior pros would be on good wages
                          so would put us out of the game

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Hemed would be on a fair few quid at Brighton Jonny?
                            Yes a fair amount but he only joined Brighton 3 years ago and likely 15-20k max, so just about fitting inside our top end. But even then a deal can be struck as he might not make the 25-man Brighton squad. And us offering 75% of the wage at 15k for example (just within our reach), is better than Brighton paying 100% at 20k a week for a player that is training with their reserves!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Why shouldn't we be?
                              ask tony we are up the creek withoutva paddle

Comment

see your point but senior pros would be on good wages
                                so would put us out of the game
                                See my response above - not true. That’s why the negotiating power is now in our hands not theirs. Hoos knows what he is doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X