X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    i do find it incredible that some people are relegating us after one game of the season ..that has to be some sort of record!
    Agree & because they are idiots

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Why has Lee hoos released this statement anyway. He continually preaches that he does not deal with football matters including signings. Yet he is here now spinning out garbage how we will be targeting loans and that they turned down offers for player. Where is the dof grin? How come smiler has not come out and told us the situation? After all, he is getting paid good money to do it.
    Because Lee Hoos is in charge of the finances and if you took time to read it it says about the clubs finances which include all things to do with player ins and outs and the best way to get deals. He is very shrewd and knows his business. Ferdinand would negotiate deals and talk to clubs. Does it really matter who comes out and says it.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    i do find it incredible that some people are relegating us after one game of the season ..that has to be some sort of record!

Leave a comment:

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    The frustrating part about all this is that we lost a bunch of players, brought in one, and were led to believe more would be heading our way before and after today. So much for the "before". Maybe as fans we are not supposed to question or complain, just pay for tickets and QPR+ Pass and suck it up. No one harbors illusions of promotion this season, but how 'bout management showing us a bit more than a "we're working on it" dodge.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Why has Lee hoos released this statement anyway. He continually preaches that he does not deal with football matters including signings. Yet he is here now spinning out garbage how we will be targeting loans and that they turned down offers for player. Where is the dof grin? How come smiler has not come out and told us the situation? After all, he is getting paid good money to do it.
    Hold up, that's bowlarks mate. He doesn't deal with signings, that's correct, but he does hold the wallet. And in order to make signings, loan or otherwise, we need that wallet.
    Would you rather we got Phil Beard back in, sign everyone and be shafted financially? You can't have it both ways.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    He is dealing with the more tecnical and economical side of a signing.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Why don't you find something else to moan about you bore.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Lets see who we end up with then.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Do you think they will pay a loanee 15k a week?
    For a much needed proven championship striker, yes. Especially if we don’t have to buy at the end (but have an option), in case he flops. What we won’t do is spend 30k a week on Chris Martin even if we want him. We’ll be offering Derby half af 15k a week to loan him for the season.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Do you think they will pay a loanee 15k a week?

Leave a comment:

• Jonny
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill View Post

see your point but senior pros would be on good wages
    so would put us out of the game
    See my response above - not true. That’s why the negotiating power is now in our hands not theirs. Hoos knows what he is doing.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Why shouldn't we be?
    ask tony we are up the creek withoutva paddle

Leave a comment:

• Jonny
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Hemed would be on a fair few quid at Brighton Jonny?
    Yes a fair amount but he only joined Brighton 3 years ago and likely 15-20k max, so just about fitting inside our top end. But even then a deal can be struck as he might not make the 25-man Brighton squad. And us offering 75% of the wage at 15k for example (just within our reach), is better than Brighton paying 100% at 20k a week for a player that is training with their reserves!

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny View Post

All of the known premier league loans last year have been picked up again - Lewis from Chelsea. Harrison from Man City etc. But what you or I do not know are the next crop of youngsters, 1 or 2 years younger than these. These are unknowns but does not mean they are not multi-talented. Perhaps this is the plan or part of it.

But it I actually think it’s more like try before we buy. We already have enough youngsters so I don’t think this makes sense. So I think the likes Tomer Hemed could be a year long loan with a permanent fee agreed up front if we say yes at the end of the season. And clearly we were hoping for the same with Hefele, but Forest trumped us with an outright perm. We probably didn’t want that as still hopeful on Grant Hall.

So my thoughts would be, and I suspect the clubs, is that we pick up a striker and a defender from the prem with a try before you buy strategy. And both will likely be senior pros who don’t make the 25-man premier league squad cut.
    see your point but senior pros would be on good wages
    so would put us out of the game

Leave a comment:

Working...
X