Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else suddenly become very pessimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

I just think you're all over reacting. And you say nobody has posted any doom. The board has been full of it for the last few weeks. Back in May everyone was positive even with the current squad. Go back and look. How do you know we won't finish comfortably in mid table. We have good keepers and we let two defenders go of note. Robinson although he played well only played 3/4 of a season out of 4 and our captain hasn't even found a club yet. It's nowhere as bad as you think.
    I was referring to this thread Jef , yeah there was positivity back in may but here we are with about eight hours to go and average players are opting to go elsewhere cmon mate don't tell me there's not something niggling the back of your mind

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Not one of your best posts Jef don't tell me you haven't got a nagging feeling at the back of head nobody has posted any doom yet , but as I said there is reason for concern !
      Nobody has posted any doom yet?
      Seriously?

Comment

OK call me bonkers.......but
        I am expecting two in and possibly one out (Washington to Millwall?) and feel strangely optimistic!

oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

I was referring to this thread Jef , yeah there was positivity back in may but here we are with about eight hours to go and average players are opting to go elsewhere cmon mate don't tell me there's not something niggling the back of your mind
          Which players? Sainsbury had choice between Psv and us.......not sure we should find his decision surprising. We need a defender and a striker. Sure we’ll get some players in on loan. No point getting just anyone in. In midfield we have Goss, Scowen, Pav, Cousins, Freeman. Chair, Manning, Luongo. Is it that surprising that we would consider selling one of them?

Comment

I'm disappointed about the way we treated IH. However I believe that we aren't that bad. Unlike last year there is a chance we could be involved in a battle near the bottom but I think that unless we are very unlucky with injures we will be fine. I have been hoping for a few years to see more of our youngsters, it will be exciting to see if they are up to it

Comment

I have the exact same level of pessimism (I'm aware I'm the king of pessimism ),I would take 21st spot if offered now.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Nobody has posted any doom yet?
                Seriously?
                You obviously never noticed I was and still am talking about this thread Jack ! And don't tell me you are absolutely full of optimism without any little nags at the he back of your mind

Comment

You obviously never noticed I was and still am talking about this thread Jack ! And don't tell me you are absolutely full of optimism without any little nags at the he back of your mind
                  Ok, fair enough dogsrrs.
                  No, I'm not full of optimism for the season coming mate but I do feel things have improved at the club on the last year or so.

Comment

5 or 6 games in i'd have an opinion , we've hardly kicked a ball yet ......... be positive fella's

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Ok, fair enough dogsrrs.
                      No, I'm not full of optimism for the season coming mate but I do feel things have improved at the club on the last year or so.
                      Gordon Bennet yes mate ! We finished the season with a cracking foundation of the side but I'm not overly optimistic that the players are going to get the support to take them forward , what's happening only convinces me there was more to Holloway's sacking than this to take the club forward reason
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-08-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I am positive in that we have a decent head coach (not convinced he is a good manager though - there is a difference) and the squad has some proven and potentially good players within it though it clearly lacks depth and defenders.

I am not however positive that the squad will or can be added to with quality players nor am I positive about the Board or the comments coming out from them and the club.i

I am less confident about the season now than I was in June when I bought my season ticket .

Comment

New season, nothing changes, especially on here....

depositphotos_79372536-stock-photo-half-full-or-empty-glass.jpg

Comment

At least this season selection will be more consistent. Under Holloway Eze and Kakay would have been dropped for this week.
                            My glass is still half full but I'm just hoping nobody nicks it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              New season, nothing changes, especially on here....

depositphotos_79372536-stock-photo-half-full-or-empty-glass.jpg
                              Clowns to the left of me
                              Jokers to the right....

Comment

Exactly. See you in R block Saturday, you'll be stuck in the middle with me!

Comment

Working...
                                X