No announcement yet.

FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole system is wrong, we all know it ! However sadly I feel the only way to reverse the damage to football finances is to make every signal club in England Regisitered charities with boards who are voted on by the members In my opinion football clubs are not the billionaires toys but the fans clubs ! That would not stop a board member getting involved and throwing in his money but he wont get anything back.
    Anyway, it is fair to say we need a new stadium as with an average attendance weekly of around 12K then we get a big match (Local derby) for example Brentford, Fulham, Reading we can only add an extra 6K people ! We all know in them games we would fill a 30K stadium for big games Plus when the day comes we grace the premiership again we will fill our ground with tourist like last time who want to see premier league games.

Over time with a new ground and a well run club our fan base will grow, but I can tell you the lack of modern comforts at Loftus road is not going to encourage new fans ! I think with West Spam, Tottenham, Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea all getting new grounds or have newish grounds we will be left behind in London..

Comment

This FFP imo is a manipulation of football.
      They at FL may as well give clubs who get gates of over 25k an extra point per game, it's that much of an influence.
      What future does our club have? I keep seeing, get a new ground, but if we have a 25k stadium and only put 10k in it
      then we will still be in the same position......aka Coventry.
      It's telling smaller clubs you have no right to Prem football or the way it's going even Championship.
      Now i know oldr will be along in a mo telling me that is the club i love and support, get used to it, well NO i won't.
      QPR is a top two tier club, and it's being forcibly taken away from me and you by an ex Leeds utd ceo, who obviously
      believes only the big clubs have the right to be challenging for the top tier.
      This playing field is sloping, and we're right at the bottom kicking uphill

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        if we have a 25k stadium and only put 10k in it
        I think a new and more comfortable stadium with better facilities will help allow us to gradually increase our fanbase Dave, assuming we get things right on the pitch too.

I fully agree with all your other comments though.

Comment

Nice video of the new Spurs stadium on BBC football site showing some examples how it's possible to make money with a modern multi-purpose stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

I think a new and more comfortable stadium with better facilities will help allow us to gradually increase our fanbase Dave, assuming we get things right on the pitch too.

Thanks Stanley & Timmy I hope you're right, I need to hear how it is possible to allow us to re-join the game.

Comment

This FFP imo is a manipulation of football.
              They at FL may as well give clubs who get gates of over 25k an extra point per game, it's that much of an influence.
              What future does our club have? I keep seeing, get a new ground, but if we have a 25k stadium and only put 10k in it
              It's telling smaller clubs you have no right to Prem football or the way it's going even Championship.
              Now i know oldr will be along in a mo telling me that is the club i love and support, get used to it, well NO i won't.
              QPR is a top two tier club, and it's being forcibly taken away from me and you by an ex Leeds utd ceo, who obviously
              believes only the big clubs have the right to be challenging for the top tier.
              This playing field is sloping, and we're right at the bottom kicking uphill
              We were a small club when we got to the First Division in 1968.

We were a small club when we got to the First Division in 1973.

We were still a small club when we nearly won the league in 1976: in fact, I believe we would have been the smallest club to ever win the trophy bar Ipswich Town.

We were a small club when we got to the First Division in 1983.

We were a small club when we got to the Premier League in 2011.

We were a small Club when we got to the Premier league in 2014.

In fact, we'll be a small club every time we ever get to the top flight because we ARE a small club.

Let's get one thing straight. The men who put us 10s of millions in debt are not heroes. They are charlatans who, for their own egos, put a club with over 120 years of history at risk of going out of business. Yep, it might have been fun - for some - seeing little old QPR compete in the Transfer market with AC Milan or seeing Mike Sheron replaced as our all-time record fee with someone we bought for 5-6 times more, but at the back of your mind or thoughts did you ever look around and think 'this is ludicrous?' 'What happens if the #### hits the fan?'

Well, the #### hit the fan...

There is no hidden agenda by the FA or Football League which benefits bigger clubs. Bigger clubs can afford better players because they have more fans and better players subsequently lead to more trophies and more fans... It's a merry-go-round: there is no doubt that if we had won the league in '76 we would have had a very different subsequent history.

You are right about something though, I am along to tell you to just accept that QPR are what they are and to love them for that. It's more fun with hope than expectation, trust me.

We have only had 22 seasons in the top flight in our entire history and we got relegated in 5 of those: twice after just one season.

Neither you or I can change that as much as we want to.

The way forward is the way we used to do things: sell talent, invest in youth and scouting system and sell the proceeds of that. We never once faced near bankruptcy or serious debt under Gregory or Thompson. Sell Eze in the next couple of seasons for £5-£6m and, with the scouting system in place, buy 2 players for a combined £3.5 - £4m whist re-investing the balance. Wash, repeat, rinse as the kids say... We have other players we can sell too...

It might take 10-15 years to become a stable top flight team - with occasional relegation - but we won't be in a mess and the future of the club won't be at stake.. Who knows, we might even get to a cup final once in a while too, oh yeah, like we did under Gregory...

But lets not pretend that the #######s who almost killed this club are heroes to be worshiped or worthy of our pity or respect.

Comment

Thought you'd be along.......Gregory obv your hero would spin in his grave over your attitude.
                He built this club and you want div 3 sth football again, you enjoy yourself old boy.
                Me? I want the club that Jim built not be told by some pen pushing over paid ########, that he's
                protecting us from ourselves by putting us in our place div 1 or 2.
                You are deluded if you think there is no agenda to helping the big clubs it's happened for donkey's years
                one way or another....Ref decisions, tv money & now this, we'll never be a stable top flight club again
                while manipulation of the clubs like this continue imo.....

.btw the easter bunny is fake, i thought you'd need to know as you believe the playing field is level

Comment

I once heard when I think in Thompson's time were discribed as one of richest clubs in football not because we had money but because we one of a very few the didn't owe any money

Comment

Thought you'd be along.......Gregory obv your hero would spin in his grave over your attitude.
                    He built this club and you want div 3 sth football again, you enjoy yourself old boy.
                    Me? I want the club that Jim built not be told by some pen pushing over paid ########, that he's
                    protecting us from ourselves by putting us in our place div 1 or 2.
                    You are deluded if you think there is no agenda to helping the big clubs it's happened for donkey's years
                    one way or another....Ref decisions, tv money & now this, we'll never be a stable top flight club again
                    while manipulation of the clubs like this continue imo.....

.btw the easter bunny is fake, i thought you'd need to know as you believe the playing field is level
                    Gregory would be spinning in his grave that I ask for the club he loved to be run properly and we become an established top flight side? You're stark raving mad!

I must have missed the moment when Sheffield United were a massive team which earned them that ridiculous penalty on Saturday or when we were a bigger team than Everton so the referee let Bruno's blatant handball against them go... Some times the decisions go against us, sometimes the decisions go for us -referees are human after all, as Rag'n'Bone man would say - but moaning that there's an agenda is the stuff of tin foil hat wearers. There might be a bias against perceived lesser players against better ones when it is a penalty decision, for example, but it's not an agenda.

FFP is right in principal but wrong in its current application. We should never have been allowed to create a massive debt, no teams should, but it shouldn't risk further financial woes for the club. Maybe the Football League should request £50m from new owners which will be put in a deposit safety scheme and returned upon sale or used to bail out clubs? I don't know what the perfect solution is but rich boys potentially killing clubs with 132 years of history is something we should all be against.

Finally, TV money? It can increase transfer fees and filter across the entire football spectrum:

1) Man Utd buy a player off West Ham for £30m

2) West Ham buy a player off Huddersfield for £20m

3) Huddersfield buy a Player off Blackburn for £15m

4) Blackburn buy Freeman off us for £6m

5) We buy a player off Oxford for £2.5m

6) Oxford buy a player from Sutton United for £800k

7) Sutton buy a player from Dulwich Hamlet for £400k

and so on... We do need more rules in place regarding non-British players - and maybe post Brexit we will have them - but it doesn't mean that TV money can't filter through just as transfers fees always have done: We sold Sinton to Sheffield Wednesday for £3.2m and used over half of that around the lower leagues who then filtered amounts around...

Anyway, neither of us has much to worry about because we're just waiting for Real Madrid to make their £20m offer for Mass and we're on our way ;-)
                    Last edited by OldR; 14-08-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Absolutely.The Ellerslie should have been named the Douglas Bader Stand due to lack of legroom.Comfort required or are we getting soft?

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post

Absolutely.The Ellerslie should have been named the Douglas Bader Stand due to lack of legroom.Comfort required or are we getting soft?
                        You joke but the legroom across the entire ground is embarrassing and can cause problems. If you don't think it's an issue you're definitely under 5' 11"!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post

Just read that article on BBC.
                          In theory is it possible for us to break ffp rules again in order to gain promotion to the premier league and pay off any resulting fine with the huge amount of cash from the TV money? Is that what some championship clubs are doing now?
                          The thing is that its a gamble.

Media rights are now so significant that the answer is absolutely - but not if you can not maintain your EPL place.

I think you have to adopt a mixed approach. That means development and judicious spending. A new stadium wont get us up, and as I said about two years ago would be irrelevant to a club our size, especially in the EPL. Which is even truer today.

If we want revenue, the only way to get it is via the football. Because only the football can get us moving up.

Comment

We've just won a cup game with a 4k attendance. After splitting the money with Boro and paying the leci for the lights we might have cleared £15k from that game. Only another £299,985,000.00 to go and the Board will have got their money back.

Comment

Why don’t we consider sponsor for stadium

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Why don’t we consider sponsor for stadium
                                Durex.

Comment

Working...
                                X