Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Beard and Fernandes would have known and they assumed that Hughes, Rigg and Joorabchin would make sure that we stayed up and the cash would keep on coming. What they did not bargain for was not winning a league game until mid december.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Beard and Fernandes would have known and they assumed that Hughes, Rigg and Joorabchin would make sure that we stayed up and the cash would keep on coming. What they did not bargain for was not winning a league game until mid december.
      Yes, that was painful.

      Comment


      • #18
        That 12 months put us in the position we find ourself now.

        Comment


        • #19
          The difference being that we got to the premier league by getting one over the FA through the Faurlin case. Paladini and co delayed that case before and during the hearing. The FA waited and waited but got their revenge in the end.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Shania View Post
            So a new and bigger stadium when it comes to capacity i.e. can solve our problem then?
            NO,for a start we aren't getting a "new and bigger stadium ".

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              The difference being that we got to the premier league by getting one over the FA through the Faurlin case. Paladini and co delayed that case before and during the hearing. The FA waited and waited but got their revenge in the end.
              The FA were not involved in the FFP action per se. That was entirely down to contravention of EFL regulations, and the EFL were the body involved in the sanction.

              Paladini and the previous regime were far more successful in terms of points gained and far more successful in the financial administration of the club than Uncle has been: QED.

              Our problems are not capacity related since we tend not to fill our own stadium and in any case the main income stream in football arises from media rights. In other words a seat at the big table is worth far, far more than the extra capacity which would almost certainly not be fully exploited. The club should be more honest about the real reason for hankering after a new stadium, it has nothing whatsoever to do with football.

              Despite the fact that TF has been incredibly unsuccessful in his role with the club, the time for useful protest has long since past. Sadly, very few people recognised the damage that was being done at the time and no seemed inclined to take any action. It's taken fans so long to work out just how much TF has compromised the club that it's now too late to do anything but get behind them...

              Worse squads than ours have prospered in this division simply by being intelligently set up and well organised, so its not all doom and gloom.

              But it's a bit late for people to be moaning about the shortcomings of the administration.

              Comment


              • #22
                Great post Hal. Been very vocal on here for a very long time on this board about Fernandes and incompetence as a chairman.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

                  NO,for a start we aren't getting a "new and bigger stadium ".
                  Ok, point taken.Case dsmissed
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Aren't our ticket prices higher than anyone else's though?
                    Yes, so as to compensate for our low attendances. If they lowered the prices though perhaps that would increase our attendances and we could fill LR every game instead of averaging 5000 empty seats every game....

                    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    The only thing that's been established is that Derby are exempt
                    Not exempt but to do with the fact that they average 27,000 at home, whereas we only average 14,000. ?

                    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Our problems are not capacity related since we tend not to fill our own stadium
                    Not sure if that's fully the case Hal. There was a fan site meeting with Hoos recently. He said that a bigger stadium would generate more income because it could be hired out for corporate events during the week, as well as for more on match-days. The other day LF said that LR only generates income on match-days and remains empty and unused on every other day of the week. Part of the reason for that is because the stadium lacks enough parking facilities. A new stadium could also be used for concerts, sports events etc. for further revenue streams.
                    IMO
                    YMMV
                    LOL

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

                      The FA were not involved in the FFP action per se. That was entirely down to contravention of EFL regulations, and the EFL were the body involved in the sanction.

                      Paladini and the previous regime were far more successful in terms of points gained and far more successful in the financial administration of the club than Uncle has been: QED.

                      Our problems are not capacity related since we tend not to fill our own stadium and in any case the main income stream in football arises from media rights. In other words a seat at the big table is worth far, far more than the extra capacity which would almost certainly not be fully exploited. The club should be more honest about the real reason for hankering after a new stadium, it has nothing whatsoever to do with football.

                      Despite the fact that TF has been incredibly unsuccessful in his role with the club, the time for useful protest has long since past. Sadly, very few people recognised the damage that was being done at the time and no sedid. With Hufdersfield ed inclined to take any action. It's taken fans so long to work out just how much TF has compromised the club that it's now too late to do anything but get behind them...

                      Worse squads than ours have prospered in this division simply by being intelligently set up and well organised, so its not all doom and gloom.

                      But it's a bit late for people to be moaning about the shortcomings of the administration.
                      Excellent post.

                      A bigger stadium might get more fans in , but is not the reason for failure as Bournemouth have a smaller stadium but are about to begin their 4th season in the premiership .

                      ​​​​​agree with 1973 Ranger about Beard and Co. and so far all but Fernandes have gone as a result of their failings.

                      Also think that whilst that attendance list gives an indication on how other clubs can spend it doesn't show what revenues the club's get from gates and other sources like sponsorship. So maybe QPR are near the bottom in that but might be higher up in an income list.

                      There's no point in moaning about FFP now so we should move on and get on with supporting the club and hope that SMC can get the most out of this squad and perhaps a few decent loans like Wagner did with Huddersfield.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        There was a fan site meeting with Hoos recently. He said that a bigger stadium would generate more income because it could be hired out for corporate events during the week.
                        He is being disingenuous as per.

                        The real reason is the prospect of a lucrative property deal. However, from the club's POV an awful lot would depend on how that deal was structured. It is far from a no brainer.

                        Everything in the long term flows from on park successive: football is the real issue. Attendances, rights streams, etc - everything flows from on field product. You make the right appointments, you turn your old stadium into the fortress it should be (lower loft being a case in point) and you win back the trust and support. You get people believing again. These people need to maximise the asset that LR should be here in the real word instead of dreaming about Tracy Island.

                        Corporate event hire is small beer compared to EPL revenue, and in any case there are oceans of corporate hire facilities in London right now.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Corporate event hire is small beer compared to EPL revenue
                          You misquoted a bit there Hal. I didn't just say corporate event hire. I said concert, sport events and increased ticket sales too (assuming they get the price structuring right). Not to mention the property deal, as you say. Fully agree with your 3rd paragraph though.

                          Anyway, a stadium is at least 5 years away, so whole the subject is pretty moot right now.
                          IMO
                          YMMV
                          LOL

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Corporate event hire is small beer compared to EPL revenue,.
                            As confirmed today. 10/20 of the most profitable clubs would still be making a profit on zero attendance.

                            If we want to make money, we have to sort out the football side because the money is so overwhelmingly vested in media rights.




                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

                              As confirmed today. 10/20 of the most profitable clubs would still be making a profit on zero attendance.

                              If we want to make money, we have to sort out the football side because the money is so overwhelmingly vested in media rights.



                              Just read that article on BBC.
                              In theory is it possible for us to break ffp rules again in order to gain promotion to the premier league and pay off any resulting fine with the huge amount of cash from the TV money? Is that what some championship clubs are doing now?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by swede View Post
                                When we breached the FFP - who were responsible about knowing these things? Is it the DOF:s duty? CEO:s? I know the owners has responsibility but whose duty was it knowing these things? You can`t do much worse at any workplace if you missed it.
                                Given we didnt have a DOF.... might be bit harsh

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X