No announcement yet.

X Block /Loft Boys group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Divvy Nigel, look on Twickets for tickets in R or X block as these are where standers will be. The former will need to be the last few rows though.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Nothing wrong with plastic clappers. Have you ever tried clapping with a plate of Sushi in your hand,
      Sushi sounds more like a Brighton thing.

Comment

To be fair Y block was rocking for the first 15 mins and after Eze scored but went quiet when Sheff Utd equalised and never got going after the break, many stayed downstairs with a beer watching on the screens

During the second half you could hear the R Block for about 3/4 minutes but no more

My lad and three mates were in the R block and said it rocked for the first half but as soon as Sheffield went ahead the moaners started and the majority left on 80 minutes, he described them as 'Fake Fans' and said X & Y block is where it is this season as from R block you could hear the singing and see that everyone was standing and the atmosphere better, he will sit X or Y from now on

Plus the drummer was back in Y block
        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
          To be fair Y block was rocking for the first 15 mins and after Eze scored but went quiet when Sheff Utd equalised and never got going after the break, many stayed downstairs with a beer watching on the screens

During the second half you could hear the R Block for about 3/4 minutes but no more

My lad and three mates were in the R block and said it rocked for the first half but as soon as Sheffield went ahead the moaners started and the majority left on 80 minutes, he described them as 'Fake Fans' and said X & Y block is where it is this season as from R block you could hear the singing and see that everyone was standing and the atmosphere better, he will sit X or Y from now on

Plus the drummer was back in Y block
          singers need to move to X/Y thats the future ,thats where its at now.......
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Divvy View Post

Sushi sounds more like a Brighton thing.
            reckon those lot dont eat tuna
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Been a couple of games now, so what do people think, has it helped? Ive enjoyed it in Y block so far. We need to sing the same as R and Q block more often but in general, I think it has helped. What do you lot think?

Comment

I.didn't hear much singing going on from where I was sat in G Block SAR against Wigan (the 1st game I was able to attend this season).

The Millwall and Norwich games should be noisier.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  Been a couple of games now, so what do people think, has it helped? Ive enjoyed it in Y block so far. We need to sing the same as R and Q block more often but in general, I think it has helped. What do you lot think?
                  If your expectations were for an area for like-minded - and that will possibly mean those hunting cheap tickets of course - to congregate and occasionally have a bit of a sing-song then it has worked.

However, if your expectations were of a Palace lite Ultra movement - and judging from a few pictures on Twitter where flags were displayed that was the case - then the reality that we don't have that kind of support should have hit home already.

Comment

No my expectations was just that LR wouldn't be a library like it has been. Don't expect it to be like Palace, I was just wondering if people had noticed an improvement as I read a couple of articles with players and management saying that the atmosphere against Wigan was very good.

Comment

No my expectations was just that LR wouldn't be a library like it has been. Don't expect it to be like Palace, I was just wondering if people had noticed an improvement as I read a couple of articles with players and management saying that the atmosphere against Wigan was very good.
                      Loftus Road, just like Old Trafford, Anfield, The Den, Celtic Park, La Bomboera and Salter Road will always have atmospheres that are great and atmospheres like a library. It's a myth that any football ground was consistently a cauldron of atmosphere in the 'good old days' so don't take it personally if it is occasionally a bit dull.

I was away with the missus for Bank Holiday weekend so missed the Wigan game but the games preceeding that saw nothing new in terms of atmosphere against relative teams in the second tier. From what I've ascertained from friends who went the atmosphere wasn't exceptional and if anyone was complimenting it it was purely because they left the pitch against Bristol City to jeers and calls for the manager to be sacked. Anything was always going to be better than that...

Honestly not having a go at those involved in this but not buying into any denials that they didn't want an 'ultras' type movement and honestly can't relate to their incessant and historically inaccurate claims that the atmosphere at Loftus Road is declining.

Comment

sitting in mu block i can sometimes hear singing from y block and its pretty cool that they're mostly standing for the entire game.

its still early days though but i reckon it'll improve as time goes on and results/performance picks up. tbh i'm just happy that a handfull of people managed to arrange the new block and the new group over there

Comment

it may take time for it to get up and going , should be lively against millwall

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            sitting in mu block i can sometimes hear singing from y block and its pretty cool that they're mostly standing for the entire game.

its still early days though but i reckon it'll improve as time goes on and results/performance picks up. tbh i'm just happy that a handfull of people managed to arrange the new block and the new group over there

Every now and again I was hearing the R and Q blocks singing as well, which is good as it 'should' mean that it isn't quite so quiet. I do love that it is standing, even with no noise that alone makes it more enjoyable for me personally.

I am not expecting a cauldron of noise or anything like that, I just wanted to know if it was better than last season. I defo do not want 'ultras' or anything daft like that.

Comment

I was in X Block on Saturday and was very impressed with the effort made in Y block. Plenty of singing and it got pretty loud at times. I'm wondering how well the sound travels to other parts of the ground though, especially P, Q and R blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                it may take time for it to get up and going , should be lively against millwall
                                You mean like every game against Millwall since we were in the Southern League together?
                                ​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X