X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

What a tame reason to use, oteh and shodipo, shodipo was injured and out on loan, but injured when came back!
    What about this player then?

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/qpr/...boss-holloway/

Leave a comment:

• maidstone_hoop
    replied
    Controversial but I’d take Ned back for a year. Still a leader and imo showed he’s good enough at this level for the aspirations we are showing as a team.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    If you don't pay the money then you have to guarantee them playing time regardless of how they perform.
    Not sure it's as black and white as that mate. I'd say these types of clauses probably come down to relationships / gentleman's agreements between the managers involved. Hence why I feel we're in a better position to loan decent young players with Mclaren in charge. Whether people like him or not, there is no denying that his reputation is better amongst the current top flight managers than every manager we've had in recent years, bar Harry.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    If you don't pay the money then you have to guarantee them playing time regardless of how they perform.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Ah good hope so
    Not necessarily saying this is gospel mate. But it's my understanding of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

This is the long standing debate that only those that work in the game could really answer I think mate. As far as I understand it, when a Prem side is looking to get one of their young up and coming players game time, they'll often send them out for just the cost of their salary, or sometimes even a contribution of their salary. Similar when a player is surplus to requirements, you can often get them for a contribution of their salary. When a player is in demand then there are definitely scenarios where clubs will charge an additional loan fee on top of the salary, but I really don't believe it's the norm for young, unestablished players.
    Ah good hope so

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

But.............Loans come with fees for the best players these days, don't they, so us being skint
    does come into the equation Tarbs
    This is the long standing debate that only those that work in the game could really answer I think mate. As far as I understand it, when a Prem side is looking to get one of their young up and coming players game time, they'll often send them out for just the cost of their salary, or sometimes even a contribution of their salary. Similar when a player is surplus to requirements, you can often get them for a contribution of their salary. When a player is in demand then there are definitely scenarios where clubs will charge an additional loan fee on top of the salary, but I really don't believe it's the norm for young, unestablished players.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

Of course sending a young player to us is more likely under McLaren than Holloway. McLaren is generally accepted as an excellent coach with a good track record developing young players. Holloway didn't even know how to properly treat our own young players, let alone entrusting him with players on loan from the top flight.
    But.............Loans come with fees for the best players these days, don't they, so us being skint
    does come into the equation Tarbs

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

Alan mentioned Ramsey, not me. But Ramsey definitely played a big part in developing the young players that played last season. He was also given some extra first team coaching responsibilities last season. I think his current role is Head of Coaching, but in reality I doubt he has that much interaction with the first team at the moment.

Dunno if anyone else can confirm that? Anyone watched us train since McLaren came in?
    Going out now mate I really do hope McLaren forfills your confidence in his appointment , me I'll reserve judgement invariably I'm not in favour of someone off the merry go round but hey ho I suppose it's all the club could afford

Leave a comment:

• Bobbydunc
    replied

Why is Ramsey even relevant mate? He's a youth coach, and we're talking about Premier League players being loaned to us for use in our first team.

As for Holloway's use of young players in the second half of last season, depends which young players we are talking about, doesn't it? Can't see Shodipo or Oteh having too much good to say. Oteh was bombed out immediately after scoring his first goal for the club, and has barely been seen since!

What a tame reason to use, oteh and shodipo, shodipo was injured and out on loan, but injured when came back!

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Buddy Buddy you said Ramsey had a hand in our pick up under Holloway last season , well Holloway isn't here any more so wer'e talking when he was for the comparison ,
    Shodipo and Oteh what did you want all 11 to be youngsters you know full with young players you have to be patient it's about what the manager thinks is the right times
    Alan mentioned Ramsey, not me. But Ramsey definitely played a big part in developing the young players that played last season. He was also given some extra first team coaching responsibilities last season. I think his current role is Head of Coaching, but in reality I doubt he has that much interaction with the first team at the moment.

Dunno if anyone else can confirm that? Anyone watched us train since McLaren came in?

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

Why is Ramsey even relevant mate? He's a youth coach, and we're talking about Premier League players being loaned to us for use in our first team.

As for Holloway's use of young players in the second half of last season, depends which young players we are talking about, doesn't it? Can't see Shodipo or Oteh having too much good to say. Oteh was bombed out immediately after scoring his first goal for the club, and has barely been seen since!
    Buddy Buddy you said Ramsey had a hand in our pick up under Holloway last season , well Holloway isn't here any more so wer'e talking when he was for the comparison ,
    Shodipo and Oteh what did you want all 11 to be youngsters you know full well with young players you have to be patient it's about what the manager thinks is the right times

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied

But your not loaning them to the manager your loaning them to the club , you've just said that in your opinion and many others that Ramsey had responsibility is he not supposed to held in high esteem in the football world , for the life of me I can't see why clubs wouldn't choose to lend youngsters to QPR under Holloway the way our young players finished last season

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Sorry dogs, your club/manager point is flawed. Clubs loan players out to be developed and get first team game time, not to go into another club's youth system. Of course clubs are influenced by the manager.
    Still don't see it that way Al if well respected Ramsey was. Coaching the 1st team Holloway was managing why not loan young players to QPR , but let's not forget not all loans are youngsters my 1st comment to your post was it's the club that pay the wages and loan fees not McLaren

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied

But your not loaning them to the manager your loaning them to the club , you've just said that in your opinion and many others that Ramsey had responsibility is he not supposed to held in high esteem in the football world , for the life of me I can't see why clubs wouldn't choose to lend youngsters to QPR under Holloway the way our young players finished last season
    Sorry dogs, your club/manager point is flawed. Clubs loan players out to be developed and get first team game time, not to go into another club's youth system. Of course clubs are influenced by the manager.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X