MacClaren We Need New Signings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Martin is no better than what we have Westy, watched him play for Peterborough he was an accident that will happen and mates are big Narwich fans they bummed him off too. rather play Kakay or should of kept perch!
    Are you referring to Chris Martin?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Martin is no better than what we have Westy, watched him play for Peterborough he was an accident that will happen and mates are big Narwich fans they bummed him off too. rather play Kakay or should of kept perch!
      Sorry shags you've got me confused isn't Martin a c/f and Kakay and perch defenders ? But imo getting shot of perch could only be a positive !
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-08-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Uncle is on the case.

Who do you fancy out of this lot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/qprjs/sta...87316804395008
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

There was a poster on here yesterday ridiculed and attacked for an opinion. ( not me)
          Very close to bullying imo
          You saying i`m a bully ?

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            Uncle is on the case.

That's quite funny

Comment

Uncle is on the case.

personally i'd go for sully from monsters inc, he's proven numerous times that he's very athletic and nimble despite his large frame. he'd be a brilliant addition to our backline alongside leistner.

Comment

Being linked with a CB from Huddrsfield - Hefele - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/06...d-hero-hefele/

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

You saying i`m a bully ?

Not talking about you Vesp...

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Being linked with a CB from Huddrsfield - Hefele - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/06...d-hero-hefele/
                    German centre back with Championship experience? Could be interesting

Comment

Come into this one late but can see people questioning McLaren over Holloway. I have no idea if Steve will be right or not for us but in terms of Holloway few points:

1. Uncle has recently admitted Ollie was spoken to about his pet formation.
                      2. Sir Les has confirmed training sessions far more organised than under Ollie.
                      3. After Paul Smyth made his debut Ollie admitted he had run out of ideas, didn't have a clue and took a punt on him as he kept asking for games.

Above suggests the change in formation, and pursuant upturn in results, was down to Ollie being told to change which is a ridiculous thing to have to happen with an experienced manager. Training chaotic which is no good for developing players and youngsters only got a look in out of desperation and I have a suspicion he was told to start giving them game time same he was told to stop being silly with formations.

Is Steve the man for us? No idea. Was Ollie? No farking way. Fact he hasn't secured another job or, to my knowledge, even been linked with any speaks volumes. No other club at this level would have touched him.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Come into this one late but can see people questioning McLaren over Holloway. I have no idea if Steve will be right or not for us but in terms of Holloway few points:

1. Uncle has recently admitted Ollie was spoken to about his pet formation.
                        2. Sir Les has confirmed training sessions far more organised than under Ollie.
                        3. After Paul Smyth made his debut Ollie admitted he had run out of ideas, didn't have a clue and took a punt on him as he kept asking for games.

Above suggests the change in formation, and pursuant upturn in results, was down to Ollie being told to change which is a ridiculous thing to have to happen with an experienced manager. Training chaotic which is no good for developing players and youngsters only got a look in out of desperation and I have a suspicion he was told to start giving them game time same he was told to stop being silly with formations.

Is Steve the man for us? No idea. Was Ollie? No farking way. Fact he hasn't secured another job or, to my knowledge, even been linked with any speaks volumes. No other club at this level would have touched him.
                        good post. i'd like to add that so far with steve's games we've looked a lot more organized and solid, we know that we need a new striker and cb but for the most part he wants to play us to our strengths with eze as the focal point.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Not talking about you Vesp...
                          Oh no!
                          Surely not me Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Oh no!
                            Surely not me Dave?
                            Has to be someone from south of the river

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Hi mate

I messaged you with that question and you did reply. I don't have any problems with posters knowing that but I suspect you are talking about a response to another poster.
                              You did CCJ, but that was on 15th May.
                              I was referring to the post I made in mid July once the subject had been brought up yet again.

The e-mail explanation I mentioned earlier is this:

Thanks for your message.

I’ll try to be as brief as I can, but it’s quite important to give people the full story.

Despite what some may believe, neither Stanley or myself had any problem whatsoever with the fact that Pinkie’s views on Ollie were different to ours. Differing opinions are necessary to have decent debate and that’s what this site has always had. I did once point out to him though that his posting style, (jumping straight on to virtually all posts that were anti Holloway) was akin to trolling. As many others have said, it wasn’t his opinion that irritated people, more the way that he relentlessly argued it at almost every opportunity. Hence why he started to fall out with people. We could see this coming a mile off and were trying to prevent it. Because of this, he somehow got it into his head that we were anti him and out to cause him trouble.

Trouble is, he is unwilling to listen to anybody else’s viewpoint and is prone to wrongly interpret what is said to him sometimes. In fact, when MYU once asked him to not be quite so obsessive and perhaps not get so involved, he completely mistook the point being made. He has referred in some of his rants about being told “not to discuss Holloway”. Blatantly untrue as that is what he was referring to.

Anyway, that’s a bit of background. Now for the real issue, which was of course, as has been pointed out on various occasions, his telling of blatant lies. One example, not related to the main sticking point was how he stated that Rangers 77 had “gone crying to admin” about him. Not once did any of us receive any such a complaint from him about anybody, let alone Pinkie. In fact, I have had several discussions over the years with 77 about other posters. And in every case, he was speaking out on behalf of the poster. Hence I defended 77 when Pinkie accused him of getting him put on pre-mod. Not because I wanted to side with anyone, but imagine how people’s views of 77, or any poster for that matter, could be skewed if that sort of thing was left unchallenged.

There were various other occasions whereby Pinkie accused Stan and myself of trying to “belittle him” or make him “look stupid”. None of which were true, we were simply correcting his mistaken opinions.

But what appears to be the major sticking point, is Stanley supposedly editing a post of his, to make him look foolish. From memory, he had once posted something that Holloway had said about building the team around Eze at one point. He was attempting to make a point and wanted to use this story to back up his point. All fair enough. Unfortunately, it all went a bit wrong here. Don’t know if you’ve ever experienced it yourself, but I know I have. Sometimes, when you try to copy and paste a “link”, when you do so, the device shortens it. In other words, rather than get the text of the entire link, you only get a shortened version of it. The result of this is that the link doesn’t work. This is what happened with Pinkie. I should point out that Stanley does, or did at least, perform a lot of “editing functions” in order to tidy up the forum. These would typically involve moving threads into the correct section, or perhaps merging threads where several have been started on the same subject by different people, in an effort to keep them all in the relevant place. Many hours of his time, in an effort to make things easier for other users.

Pinkie, then accused Stanley of editing this particular post of his, which of course he denied. I have seen various correspondence between the two of them and the one thing that stands out above all is that Pinkie simply won’t listen. Then, because he is not being agreed with, decides to take that as being picked on. As their latest exchange wasn’t getting anywhere fast, I then decided to attempt to explain what had caused the issue that he was so angry about. As I have done above. Partly because I thought that it might help coming from someone else and partly to back Stanley up as I know full well he would not have done any such thing. I have been on the admin team for about 9 years, Stanley about 8 years. I think I know him well enough.

Well. Pinkie decided that this was us ganging up on him. Stanley had lied. I had lied now too. We both had it in for him, simple as that. Naturally, both Stanley and myself denied any such wrongdoing and having seen him mention it publicly, asked him to withdraw such accusations as there were not at all true. He decided to repeat them.

Pinkie complained to both Fraggy and MYU himself, which actually ended up making the matter worse. Quite why MYU felt the need to look into it at all rather than just accept Stanley was telling the truth, I’ll never know. However, he did and MYU noticed in the log that Stanley had performed some sort of “edit”. Now, an edit can be one of several things including as stated earlier, moving or merging a post. I personally think that all Stanley had done was to put Pinkie’s latest post containing that link, into the thread that already existed, but we cannot actually tell. MYU mentioned to Fraggy that the post had been “edited”, without saying that we can’t tell how. Fraggy, as he has already admitted, made the mistake of relaying this piece of dodgy info to Pinkie, which only served to reinforce his view that Stanley had edited it for nefarious reasons.

Stanley has repeatedly told Pinkie he did no such thing. That should have been an end to it right from the start. I have told him he was mistaken and why, but he refuses to believe me either, although that should definitely have been enough to stop any further moaning. Pinkie, on several further occasions, publicly through posts on the forum, via a post from PunteR (someone he knows through Soundcloud) and now also via a long opening post by a supposed friend, johndakin45, continues to make such claims.

There was a vote within the team about whether he should be banned or not. Despite what he has claimed himself and without naming names, a significant majority wanted him banned. Not forever, but until such time as he acknowledged his mistake and publicly apologised to both Stanley and myself for making these totally untrue accusations. Then we could all move on.

As yet, he hasn’t done so. I have even pleaded with him to call me personally to discuss it, but he hasn’t.

So, that is exactly where things stand currently. All it would take is for him to apologise for continuous claims that we are liars.

Just as a side issue as he has made other claims that aren’t exactly accurate, both Stanley and myself said that if MYU did not back us, then we would happily stand down. No pressure. He didn’t, so we did. Followed immediately by Bluehoop in support as he could not believe how we were not being backed up. This was over 5 weeks ago now and neither of us have heard a word from MYU as yet, despite sending him messages asking if he’s OK as we were getting worried about him.

I hope I have covered everything. If not, do me a favour and call next time though, as this has taken quite a while to write out.

Cheers

Comment

Uncle is on the case.

Gotta be the pig at the front, he already looks like he’s wearing the away kit.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X