MacClaren We Need New Signings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

By the way Fraggy why was Pinky banned ? He faced a near wiitch hunt by posters ganging up on him because of his ott suport of Holloway , I myself was accused of being a Holloway supporter because I saw no point in changing the the manager as if it was some sort of crime , as it is now some some can be said to be going ott over McLaren as none of know for sure how how he is going shape up here
    There is a thread in the non QPR section that gives a brief over view.
    I agree there was some sort of witch hunt as you put it, and although there was very little that I agreed with in reference to Pinkies support of Ollie, I did my best to respect his opinion and stayed out of the discussion for the most part.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Totally wasn't why he was banned mate. The bloke went out his way to pick a fight with 2 admins. 2 admins who've since been subject to their own witch hunt as it goes.
      Wasn't aware you had access to information that none of the admin staff including the owner do.
      The admins in question got into a heated debate with this member, which they have every right to do, then there was mis-informtion provided to this member, which he acted upon.
      As we are putting this out in the open, best not forget that he was also put on pre mod as apparently, supporting our clubs manager with passion is classed as trolling, prior to being banned.

Seriously mate, you really should go back and re read the thread in the other section.
      None of us, not me, not Pinkie or the 2 admins covered themselves in glory throughout this ordeal.

The fact it keeps getting dragged up whenever someone posts anything positive about IH is now beyond a joke.
      Maybe we should have a disclaimer at the new sign up section stating, if you post anything positive about ex club manager, you run the risk of a lifetime ban.
      Unreal, probably explains why we had over 500 people viewing our forum yesterday with only a couple of dozen logged in.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Wasn't aware you had access to information that none of the admin staff including the owner do.
        The admins in question got into a heated debate with this member, which they have every right to do, then there was mis-informtion provided to this member, which he acted upon.
        As we are putting this out in the open, best not forget that he was also put on pre mod as apparently, supporting our clubs manager with passion is classed as trolling, prior to being banned.

Seriously mate, you really should go back and re read the thread in the other section.
        None of us, not me, not Pinkie or the 2 admins covered themselves in glory throughout this ordeal.

The fact it keeps getting dragged up whenever someone posts anything positive about IH is now beyond a joke.
        Maybe we should have a disclaimer at the new sign up section stating, if you post anything positive about ex club manager, you run the risk of a lifetime ban.
        Unreal, probably explains why we had over 500 people viewing our forum yesterday with only a couple of dozen logged in.
        Your response backs up everything I've suspected has been wrong with this site for a while mate. Rather than backing a troublesome member who got what he deserved, why aren't you backing 2 admins who worked very hard to make this site what it is?

I'm pretty much done Frags. Ban me if you like. I'll stand with 2 admins who I had a lot of respect for!

Comment

Your response backs up everything I've suspected has been wrong with this site for a while mate. Rather than backing a troublesome member who got what he deserved, why aren't you backing 2 admins who worked very hard to make this site what it is?

I'm pretty much done Frags. Ban me if you like. I'll stand with 2 admins who I had a lot of respect for!
          There lies the issue Tarbs, for me, banning has to be a last resort. The fact you posted what you just did, saying I can ban you if I want, is abit of a shock, as my approach in this issue, has always to try and get both sides to try and sort this out amicably. Why the heck would I want to ban someone for airing their views on this issue.
          This event isn't what has had a negative impact on our forum, its the fact that some people are too easily offended and we as an admin team in the past were too quick to ban and pass judgment.
          Maybe we should ask our members how they feel if we decide to ban people who have a fall out with admins.
          It's stinks of double standards if I decide to back someone regardless of my own views, just because they are an admin?
          I'm deeply disappointed with your view, I thought you were more of a stand up guy.
          What makes this even sadder, is we have 2 admins, who I actually do have a lot of respect for, stepping down and another admin stepping down in support, we have a banned member who contributed quite a lot over the year or 2 he was posting and are stuck at an impasse over a stupid mis communication.
          The majority of members that butted heads with him, didn't want him banned.
          I thought we were having a grown up conversation, my bad, I guess that you are viewing this issue with blinkers, and as admirable as it is for you to support the admin team, I truly believed you would be the last member on here to back a situation so blindly with limited information on what has actually gone down.

Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this board became a shining beacon of tolerance and respecting of others' opinions?Can we please have some proper freedom of speech?It's what George Orwell said...
            If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Comment

There lies the issue Tarbs, for me, banning has to be a last resort. The fact you posted what you just did, saying I can ban you if I want, is abit of a shock, as my approach in this issue, has always to try and get both sides to try and sort this out amicably. Why the heck would I want to ban someone for airing their views on this issue.
              This event isn't what has had a negative impact on our forum, its the fact that some people are too easily offended and we as an admin team in the past were too quick to ban and pass judgment.
              Maybe we should ask our members how they feel if we decide to ban people who have a fall out with admins.
              It's stinks of double standards if I decide to back someone regardless of my own views, just because they are an admin?
              I'm deeply disappointed with your view, I thought you were more of a stand up guy.
              What makes this even sadder, is we have 2 admins, who I actually do have a lot of respect for, stepping down and another admin stepping down in support, we have a banned member who contributed quite a lot over the year or 2 he was posting and are stuck at an impasse over a stupid mis communication.
              The majority of members that butted heads with him, didn't want him banned.
              I thought we were having a grown up conversation, my bad, I guess that you are viewing this issue with blinkers, and as admirable as it is for you to support the admin team, I truly believed you would be the last member on here to back a situation so blindly with limited information on what has actually gone down.
              You don't ban someone for airing their views though Fraggy. You ban people for disrespecting those placed in charge of policing the site. Hence I'm telling you that you are welcome to ban me, cos I've lost all respect for you in this last exchange, and I'll say that openly.

You can carry on turning a blind eye to disrespectful posters buying a VPN and carrying on taking the p*ss. Personally, I'll stand by what I think is right. Those admins who banned him 1st time around were right, and deserved yours and MYU's support. And that's all I have to say to be fair. I'm done. All those that want to stay in touch, you've got my Twitter, otherwise BrightonR, Stanley, AlanWycombe and Westy all have my email. Laters!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

You don't ban someone for airing their view though Fraggy. You ban people for disrespecting those placed in charge of policing the site. Hence I'm telling you that you are welcome to ban me, cos I've lost all respect for you in this last exchange, and I'll say that openly. You can carry on in turning a blind eye to disrespectful posters buying a VPN and carrying on taking the p*ss. Personally, I'll stand by what I think is right. Those admins who banned him 1st time round were right, and deserved yours and MYU's support. And's that I have to say to be fair. I'm done. All those that want to stay in touch, you've got my Twitter, otherwise BrightonR, Stanley, AlanWycome and Westy all have my email. Laters!
                Take the easy option mate, I guess this wasn't going the way you was hoping.
                I'm not annoyed by your comments, as I know you are only acting on limited information, maybe we should ban dogs, he had some pro Ollie comments and at times a fairly similar posting style to Pinkie?
                Surely you must see that by the fact there is a divide amongst the admin team, and in your words, those 2 admins deserved the support of myself and the site owner, would suggest that this issue is not as black and white as it would seem.
                If I wasn't in support of those 2 admins, and seeing as you recognised I have the power to ban, then why have I not lifted Pinkies ban?
                The 2 admins in question are currently stood down, the site owner told Pinkie prior to him becoming ill that he was going to lift Pinkies ban. Surely if I had no respect for the 2 admins, I would of just lifted Pinkies ban myself?
                I didn't, as in my opinion, that would be abuse of the powers that were given to me when I became an admin.
                Myu gave us these positions to help our members and not to abuse.
                To be honest, the fact you have lost respect for me because I have stated facts, does burn a tad, but I'll get over it.
                Finally, if I was to ban every member who had disrespected me in the past, there wouldn't be many left
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Take the easy option mate, I guess this wasn't going the way you was hoping.
                  I'm not annoyed by your comments, as I know you are only acting on limited information, maybe we should ban dogs, he had some pro Ollie comments and at times a fairly similar posting style to Pinkie?
                  Surely you must see that by the fact there is a divide amongst the admin team, and in your words, those 2 admins deserved the support of myself and the site owner, would suggest that this issue is not as black and white as it would seem.
                  If I wasn't in support of those 2 admins, and seeing as you recognised I have the power to ban, then why have I not lifted Pinkies ban?
                  The 2 admins in question are currently stood down, the site owner told Pinkie prior to him becoming ill that he was going to lift Pinkies ban. Surely if I had no respect for the 2 admins, I would of just lifted Pinkies ban myself?
                  I didn't, as in my opinion, that would be abuse of the powers that were given to me when I became an admin.
                  Myu gave us these positions to help our members and not to abuse.
                  To be honest, the fact you have lost respect for me because I have stated facts, does burn a tad, but I'll get over it.
                  Finally, if I was to ban every member who had disrespected me in the past, there wouldn't be many left
                  Ain't the easy option at all mate, been posting on this site for over 10 years I think.......probably a good bit longer than you actually. But I'll stand by what I said, finished until some common sense returns and you give some respected admins the backing that they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbers View Post
                    Wouldn't it be wonderful if this board became a shining beacon of tolerance and respecting of others' opinions?Can we please have some proper freedom of speech?It's what George Orwell said...
                    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
                    Just saw this Blob, and yes you and ole George are right, I find these days, not just on here, but in life in general, we are all just a bit too sensitive. I have been guilty of this in the past, but recently have realised that life is just too short
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Ain't the easy option at all mate, been posting on this site for over 10 years I think.......probably a good bit longer than you actually. But I'll stand by what I said, finished until some common sense returns and you give some respected admins the backing that they deserve.
                      So I should back them just because they are admins?
                      The fact I have not unbanned Pinkie should suggest I still have the utmost respect for them.
                      As stated on here multiple times, Stan, Brights and me have not had a falling out, just a difference of opinion.
                      Also WTF, are we measuring our d icks now? I've been on here longer than you! Seriously, you really want to go there?
                      1st account got lost a long time ago when there was an upgrade. Length of service doesn't make one persons views more important than someone else's.
                      It's attitudes like this "I'm leaving and not coming back until my mates and my views are acknowledged", is what makes my blood boil. We were having a discussion, it obviously wasn't going the way you had hoped and your retort is to leave?
                      I am truly sorry you feel this way with such limited information.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I'm not privy to any behind the scenes happenings (I just read the thread Fraggy mentioned), but would like to record the fact that Brighton and Stanley are top admin folk and brilliant posters. They should, I think, be backed over anyone in a falling out. Including me. And especially the poster who has been responsible for this business. Sorry for butting in, but I wanted to say that. Hope all are well. And my best to MYU.

Comment

Trouble with message boards is that you can't always tell the attitude or intent behind a post and anything seen as opposed to a view or an opinion triggers fight or flight responses.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Trouble with message boards is that you can't always tell the attitude or intent behind a post and anything seen as opposed to a view or an opinion triggers fight or flight responses.
                            So true crick, but at the end of the day, all of us (except our honorary taff Gareth and that sensible chap from fulham), have the same goal and passion.

Agreed we all have different ways of communicating this, and there will always be times where passion will turn into heated debate and arguments, but when this happens, we need to take a reality check and remember that we all want the same thing at the end of the day.
                            I'm as guilty as the next guy of allowing my life sentence of being an Rs fan to cloud my behaviour at times, and quite a few on here have seen me lose the plot, but nobody ever said it was going to be easy supporting our team.
                            If we wanted an easy life, we would of supported manure or citeh.
                            I look at it this way, throughout my life, wherever I have bumped into a fellow R, we have hit it off immediately, like we had known each other for years.
                            We belong to an exclusive club, where our fellow members have experienced the same pain, joy, depression, anxiety and stress. We can relate straight away.
                            Situations such as the one Tarbs and I were debating, are unfortunate, but they happen, this isn't exclusive.
                            I understand why Tarbs wants to step back, he feels that someone has been allowed to take advantage of 2 decent guys who he would probably class as mates in the real World.
                            But at the end of the day, is it not also true that if anyone on this forum was to bump into anyone else from this forum, they would get along?
                            We are Rangers fans, we are also a dieing breed that have been going through a turbulent patch in our long proud history, tempers are bound to get fraid, but at the end of the day, we of all people should truly understand each other, after all, how many times has a non R asked you "Why the f**k do you support QPR?"
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

F uckin ell ,and the seasons only just started !

Bring back everyone ,i say !
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Some while ago now, having seen the latest “where’s Pinkie?” thread, I did offer to explain all the facts of the matter to anyone who wanted to know. I had always previously taken the view that it was nobody’s business but admin’s and the poster concerned, but still, question after question kept coming. I wasn’t expecting much of a response really as most people had no interest at all, preferring instead to come here to discuss Rangers with fellow fans rather than have to put up with all that nonsense. In fact, only one person actually asked me what had happened, to whom I responded with an explanation by e-mail.

Having just seen the most recent posts on this thread, I think the best thing for me to do is replicate almost the exact text of that correspondence, once I have edited out any names so as not to disclose the recipient. For those that have any interest whatsoever, it’ll be on here later today. Never wanted to bore everyone with it, but not been left much choice.

As Fraggy says, we’ve not had a big falling out over this and I guess it is really just a difference of opinion. Having said that, quite how he comes to the conclusion that we should just all move on without Pinkie having the decency to apologise, which is the only thing stopping his return, is beyond me.

Hopefully, that will then finally put the matter to bed once and for all, without the need for me to expand further. Plenty more inaccuracies I can correct, if someone really wants to be made to look silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X