MacClaren We Need New Signings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

This is the long standing debate that only those that work in the game could really answer I think mate. As far as I understand it, when a Prem side is looking to get one of their young up and coming players game time, they'll often send them out for just the cost of their salary, or sometimes even a contribution of their salary. Similar when a player is surplus to requirements, you can often get them for a contribution of their salary. When a player is in demand then there are definitely scenarios where clubs will charge an additional loan fee on top of the salary, but I really don't believe it's the norm for young, unestablished players.
    Ah good hope so

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Ah good hope so
      Not necessarily saying this is gospel mate. But it's my understanding of the situation.

Comment

If you don't pay the money then you have to guarantee them playing time regardless of how they perform.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          If you don't pay the money then you have to guarantee them playing time regardless of how they perform.
          Not sure it's as black and white as that mate. I'd say these types of clauses probably come down to relationships / gentleman's agreements between the managers involved. Hence why I feel we're in a better position to loan decent young players with Mclaren in charge. Whether people like him or not, there is no denying that his reputation is better amongst the current top flight managers than every manager we've had in recent years, bar Harry.

Comment

Controversial but I’d take Ned back for a year. Still a leader and imo showed he’s good enough at this level for the aspirations we are showing as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

What a tame reason to use, oteh and shodipo, shodipo was injured and out on loan, but injured when came back!
              What about this player then?

http://londonfootballnews.co.uk/qpr/...boss-holloway/

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                Bobbydunc = Pinkie mate. As such, you're wasting your breath pointing out the the inadequacies of his hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Bobbydunc = Pinkie mate. As such, you're wasting your breath pointing out the the inadequacies of his hero!
                  Tarbs, I know I may be in the minority here, but to my knowledge, at least 2 members have been banned in the last few months just because they were pro Ollie and had a similar posting style to Pinkie.
                  As admins, we show due diligence when a new member signs up, by checking their profile and running IP checks.
                  I understand it is easy to run a poxy to mask your IP, but those are the checks available to us.
                  Now I truly have no way to be 100% certain either way as to whether or not bobby is Pinkie.
                  I know those that didn't get a long with Pinkie would only be too happy to see us ban more members who have similar posting styles, just in case there is a slim chance that member is Pinkie.
                  Personally I find that a bit sad. I really didn't enjoy IH being our manager last season, but I did not think for one second that Pinkies constant support of IH was wrong. It is his opinion, and therefore should either be respected or ignored. But certain members got off on confronting him. Surely if they found him annoying, they should of just ignored him?
                  I cannot speak on behalf of whatever admin/mods that are currently active, but I for one, have not, nor will I vote to ban a fellow R unless I have conclusive proof that it is a banned member attempting to come back on under a new guise just to cause trouble.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Tarbs, I know I may be in the minority here, but to my knowledge, at least 2 members have been banned in the last few months just because they were pro Ollie and had a similar posting style to Pinkie.
                    As admins, we show due diligence when a new member signs up, by checking their profile and running IP checks.
                    I understand it is easy to run a poxy to mask your IP, but those are the checks available to us.
                    Now I truly have no way to be 100% certain either way as to whether or not bobby is Pinkie.
                    I know those that didn't get a long with Pinkie would only be too happy to see us ban more members who have similar posting styles, just in case there is a slim chance that member is Pinkie.
                    Personally I find that a bit sad. I really didn't enjoy IH being our manager last season, but I did not think for one second that Pinkies constant support of IH was wrong. It is his opinion, and therefore should either be respected or ignored. But certain members got off on confronting him. Surely if they found him annoying, they should of just ignored him?
                    I cannot speak on behalf of whatever admin/mods that are currently active, but I for one, have not, nor will I vote to ban a fellow R unless I have conclusive proof that it is a banned member attempting to come back on under a new guise just to cause trouble.
                    Now funny you should bring up opinion Fraggs.
                    Because yesterday people that agreed with a certain post were accused of trolling.
                    Not allowed an opinion as it didn't match with the poster, doing the accusing.
                    It's quite strange actually because this has and is creeping into all walks life.
                    The referendum, politics, etc.
                    When does opinion stop being opinion to the intolerant?
                    This is not a comment on posts on this thread btw

Comment

Because yesterday people that agreed with a certain post were accused of trolling.
                      It's quite strange actually because this has and is creeping into all walks life.
                      I hear ya.
                      Interpreting troll or trolling differs from person to person.
                      The intention of this forum is to encourage banter, one mans trolling could be another mans belief, I just find that in the past, we were far too quick to judge and pull the trigger.
                      It's not like we have a line up of new registrations, and with social media hurting our numbers constantly, it has never been so important as it is now to try and see both sides of a discussion/argument.
                      I know its a cliche, but the majority of us are Rs, and therefore we all want what is best for our club.
                      In fighting has always been part of our modern history, prior to the internet, we knocked lumps out of each other on the terraces.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yes there was a lot of that directed at posters that didn't go along with childish name calling and down right insults directed to the manager last season whatever any manager is good or bad he's just a man TRYING TO DO A JOB

Comment

Pinkie shouldn't be banned. In whatever incarnation he appears. He should just give mentioning Ollie a rest.

Comment

As you wish mate. Very obviously is him though!

Comment

I hear ya.
                              Interpreting troll or trolling differs from person to person.
                              The intention of this forum is to encourage banter, one mans trolling could be another mans belief, I just find that in the past, we were far too quick to judge and pull the trigger.
                              It's not like we have a line up of new registrations, and with social media hurting our numbers constantly, it has never been so important as it is now to try and see both sides of a discussion/argument.
                              I know its a cliche, but the majority of us are Rs, and therefore we all want what is best for our club.
                              In fighting has always been part of our modern history, prior to the internet, we knocked lumps out of each other on the terraces.
                              By the way Fraggy why was Pinky banned ? He faced a near wiitch hunt by posters ganging up on him because of his ott suport of Holloway , I myself was accused of being a Holloway supporter because I saw no point in changing the the manager as if it was some sort of crime , as it is now some some can be said to be going ott over McLaren as none of know for sure how how he is going shape up here

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

By the way Fraggy why was Pinky banned ? He faced a near wiitch hunt by posters ganging up on him because of his ott suport of Holloway , I myself was accused of being a Holloway supporter because I saw no point in changing the the manager as if it was some sort of crime , as it is now some some can be said to be going ott over McLaren as none of know for sure how how he is going shape up here
                                Totally wasn't why he was banned mate. The bloke went out his way to pick a fight with 2 admins. 2 admins who've since been subject to their own witch hunt as it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X