MacClaren We Need New Signings!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

Well i`ve seen some of the most ridiculas things being spouted on the net, but this statements right up there it really is, unbeeeelievable statement of complete and utter drivel, from some who quite obviously has a beef along with a few others towards Holloway!

Holloway did a fantastic job with the younger players and the squad in general was coming along great until sacked, but things will improve because we`ve got a by far superior coach in now, you can tell by yesterdays performance.
    Good to see nothing has changed Pinkie!

Comment

Danny Ward on loan from Cardiff is someone we should look to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Just to give my comments a bit of context mate. My issue with Holloway and how he treated young players was consistency. Players seemed to fluctuate from flavour of the month to out in the cold, often without good reason. At one stage he was asked why he wasn't giving Chair a game, his answer was "well we've never won when he's played", he said similar about Shodipo too. Basically saying that he's not selecting players not because of how they've performed, but instead because of his own superstitions.

Whether you choose to agree with it or not, Steve Mclaren has a far better reputation as a coach, and with regards to improving young players. And rightly so too having been First Team Coach at Man Utd during one of the most successful periods in their history. This will almost certainly help us if we choose to try to bring in some loans from the Premier League before the window closes.
        Never mind whose fault it was but for the first half of last season we was under a religation threat so you need to be selective but that said there's two types of coaching technics or man management Holloway the latter nobody can deny the kids played for Holloway ,
        McLaren has always worked with higher quality players than we have or Holloway has , but Holloway achieved more promotions than McLaren which history books will tell he achieved nothing

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          Sainsbury, Martin & 1 more I think is enough
          If Thorne now is the player he was before his injuries, I would get him in as well.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Never mind whose fault it was but for the first half of last season we was under a religation threat so you need to be selective but that said there's two types of coaching technics or man management Holloway the latter nobody can deny the kids played for Holloway ,
            McLaren has always worked with higher quality players than we have or Holloway has , but Holloway achieved more promotions than McLaren which history books will tell he achieved nothing
            Not the argument though, is it mate?

The argument is which of these 2 managers are Premier League managers more likely to trust with their young talent. Surely there can't be any argument that Mclaren wins that hands down?

Comment

Not the argument though, is it mate?

The argument is which of these 2 managers are Premier League managers more likely to trust with their young talent. Surely there can't be any argument that Mclaren wins that hands down?
              But your not loaning them to the manager your loaning them to the club , you've just said that in your opinion and many others that Ramsey had responsibility is he not supposed to held in high esteem in the football world , for the life of me I can't see why clubs wouldn't choose to lend youngsters to QPR under Holloway the way our young players finished last season

Comment

But your not loaning them to the manager your loaning them to the club , you've just said that in your opinion and many others that Ramsey had responsibility is he not supposed to held in high esteem in the football world , for the life of me I can't see why clubs wouldn't choose to lend youngsters to QPR under Holloway the way our young players finished last season
                Sorry dogs, your club/manager point is flawed. Clubs loan players out to be developed and get first team game time, not to go into another club's youth system. Of course clubs are influenced by the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Sorry dogs, your club/manager point is flawed. Clubs loan players out to be developed and get first team game time, not to go into another club's youth system. Of course clubs are influenced by the manager.
                  Still don't see it that way Al if well respected Ramsey was. Coaching the 1st team Holloway was managing why not loan young players to QPR , but let's not forget not all loans are youngsters my 1st comment to your post was it's the club that pay the wages and loan fees not McLaren

Comment

Why is Ramsey even relevant mate? He's a youth coach, and we're talking about Premier League players being loaned to us for use in our first team.

As for Holloway's use of young players in the second half of last season, depends which young players we are talking about, doesn't it? Can't see Shodipo or Oteh having too much good to say. Oteh was bombed out immediately after scoring his first goal for the club, and has barely been seen since!

Comment

Why is Ramsey even relevant mate? He's a youth coach, and we're talking about Premier League players being loaned to us for use in our first team.

As for Holloway's use of young players in the second half of last season, depends which young players we are talking about, doesn't it? Can't see Shodipo or Oteh having too much good to say. Oteh was bombed out immediately after scoring his first goal for the club, and has barely been seen since!
                      Buddy Buddy you said Ramsey had a hand in our pick up under Holloway last season , well Holloway isn't here any more so wer'e talking when he was for the comparison ,
                      Shodipo and Oteh what did you want all 11 to be youngsters you know full well with young players you have to be patient it's about what the manager thinks is the right times

Comment

Buddy Buddy you said Ramsey had a hand in our pick up under Holloway last season , well Holloway isn't here any more so wer'e talking when he was for the comparison ,
                        Shodipo and Oteh what did you want all 11 to be youngsters you know full with young players you have to be patient it's about what the manager thinks is the right times
                        Alan mentioned Ramsey, not me. But Ramsey definitely played a big part in developing the young players that played last season. He was also given some extra first team coaching responsibilities last season. I think his current role is Head of Coaching, but in reality I doubt he has that much interaction with the first team at the moment.

Dunno if anyone else can confirm that? Anyone watched us train since McLaren came in?

Comment

What a tame reason to use, oteh and shodipo, shodipo was injured and out on loan, but injured when came back!

Comment

Alan mentioned Ramsey, not me. But Ramsey definitely played a big part in developing the young players that played last season. He was also given some extra first team coaching responsibilities last season. I think his current role is Head of Coaching, but in reality I doubt he has that much interaction with the first team at the moment.

Dunno if anyone else can confirm that? Anyone watched us train since McLaren came in?
                            Going out now mate I really do hope McLaren forfills your confidence in his appointment , me I'll reserve judgement invariably I'm not in favour of someone off the merry go round but hey ho I suppose it's all the club could afford

Comment

Of course sending a young player to us is more likely under McLaren than Holloway. McLaren is generally accepted as an excellent coach with a good track record developing young players. Holloway didn't even know how to properly treat our own young players, let alone entrusting him with players on loan from the top flight.
                              But.............Loans come with fees for the best players these days, don't they, so us being skint
                              does come into the equation Tarbs

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

But.............Loans come with fees for the best players these days, don't they, so us being skint
                                does come into the equation Tarbs
                                This is the long standing debate that only those that work in the game could really answer I think mate. As far as I understand it, when a Prem side is looking to get one of their young up and coming players game time, they'll often send them out for just the cost of their salary, or sometimes even a contribution of their salary. Similar when a player is surplus to requirements, you can often get them for a contribution of their salary. When a player is in demand then there are definitely scenarios where clubs will charge an additional loan fee on top of the salary, but I really don't believe it's the norm for young, unestablished players.

Comment

Working...
                                X