X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

There lies the issue Tarbs, for me, banning has to be a last resort. The fact you posted what you just did, saying I can ban you if I want, is abit of a shock, as my approach in this issue, has always to try and get both sides to try and sort this out amicably. Why the heck would I want to ban someone for airing their views on this issue.
    This event isn't what has had a negative impact on our forum, its the fact that some people are too easily offended and we as an admin team in the past were too quick to ban and pass judgment.
    Maybe we should ask our members how they feel if we decide to ban people who have a fall out with admins.
    It's stinks of double standards if I decide to back someone regardless of my own views, just because they are an admin?
    I'm deeply disappointed with your view, I thought you were more of a stand up guy.
    What makes this even sadder, is we have 2 admins, who I actually do have a lot of respect for, stepping down and another admin stepping down in support, we have a banned member who contributed quite a lot over the year or 2 he was posting and are stuck at an impasse over a stupid mis communication.
    The majority of members that butted heads with him, didn't want him banned.
    I thought we were having a grown up conversation, my bad, I guess that you are viewing this issue with blinkers, and as admirable as it is for you to support the admin team, I truly believed you would be the last member on here to back a situation so blindly with limited information on what has actually gone down.
    You don't ban someone for airing their views though Fraggy. You ban people for disrespecting those placed in charge of policing the site. Hence I'm telling you that you are welcome to ban me, cos I've lost all respect for you in this last exchange, and I'll say that openly.

You can carry on turning a blind eye to disrespectful posters buying a VPN and carrying on taking the p*ss. Personally, I'll stand by what I think is right. Those admins who banned him 1st time around were right, and deserved yours and MYU's support. And that's all I have to say to be fair. I'm done. All those that want to stay in touch, you've got my Twitter, otherwise BrightonR, Stanley, AlanWycombe and Westy all have my email. Laters!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 05-08-2018, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blobbers
    replied
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if this board became a shining beacon of tolerance and respecting of others' opinions?Can we please have some proper freedom of speech?It's what George Orwell said...
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Your response backs up everything I've suspected has been wrong with this site for a while mate. Rather than backing a troublesome member who got what he deserved, why aren't you backing 2 admins who worked very hard to make this site what it is?

I'm pretty much done Frags. Ban me if you like. I'll stand with 2 admins who I had a lot of respect for!
    There lies the issue Tarbs, for me, banning has to be a last resort. The fact you posted what you just did, saying I can ban you if I want, is abit of a shock, as my approach in this issue, has always to try and get both sides to try and sort this out amicably. Why the heck would I want to ban someone for airing their views on this issue.
    This event isn't what has had a negative impact on our forum, its the fact that some people are too easily offended and we as an admin team in the past were too quick to ban and pass judgment.
    Maybe we should ask our members how they feel if we decide to ban people who have a fall out with admins.
    It's stinks of double standards if I decide to back someone regardless of my own views, just because they are an admin?
    I'm deeply disappointed with your view, I thought you were more of a stand up guy.
    What makes this even sadder, is we have 2 admins, who I actually do have a lot of respect for, stepping down and another admin stepping down in support, we have a banned member who contributed quite a lot over the year or 2 he was posting and are stuck at an impasse over a stupid mis communication.
    The majority of members that butted heads with him, didn't want him banned.
    I thought we were having a grown up conversation, my bad, I guess that you are viewing this issue with blinkers, and as admirable as it is for you to support the admin team, I truly believed you would be the last member on here to back a situation so blindly with limited information on what has actually gone down.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied

Wasn't aware you had access to information that none of the admin staff including the owner do.
    The admins in question got into a heated debate with this member, which they have every right to do, then there was mis-informtion provided to this member, which he acted upon.
    As we are putting this out in the open, best not forget that he was also put on pre mod as apparently, supporting our clubs manager with passion is classed as trolling, prior to being banned.

Seriously mate, you really should go back and re read the thread in the other section.
    None of us, not me, not Pinkie or the 2 admins covered themselves in glory throughout this ordeal.

The fact it keeps getting dragged up whenever someone posts anything positive about IH is now beyond a joke.
    Maybe we should have a disclaimer at the new sign up section stating, if you post anything positive about ex club manager, you run the risk of a lifetime ban.
    Unreal, probably explains why we had over 500 people viewing our forum yesterday with only a couple of dozen logged in.
    Your response backs up everything I've suspected has been wrong with this site for a while mate. Rather than backing a troublesome member who got what he deserved, why aren't you backing 2 admins who worked very hard to make this site what it is?

I'm pretty much done Frags. Ban me if you like. I'll stand with 2 admins who I had a lot of respect for!

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

Totally wasn't why he was banned mate. The bloke went out his way to pick a fight with 2 admins. 2 admins who've since been subject to their own witch hunt as it goes.
    Wasn't aware you had access to information that none of the admin staff including the owner do.
    The admins in question got into a heated debate with this member, which they have every right to do, then there was mis-informtion provided to this member, which he acted upon.
    As we are putting this out in the open, best not forget that he was also put on pre mod as apparently, supporting our clubs manager with passion is classed as trolling, prior to being banned.

Seriously mate, you really should go back and re read the thread in the other section.
    None of us, not me, not Pinkie or the 2 admins covered themselves in glory throughout this ordeal.

The fact it keeps getting dragged up whenever someone posts anything positive about IH is now beyond a joke.
    Maybe we should have a disclaimer at the new sign up section stating, if you post anything positive about ex club manager, you run the risk of a lifetime ban.
    Unreal, probably explains why we had over 500 people viewing our forum yesterday with only a couple of dozen logged in.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

By the way Fraggy why was Pinky banned ? He faced a near wiitch hunt by posters ganging up on him because of his ott suport of Holloway , I myself was accused of being a Holloway supporter because I saw no point in changing the the manager as if it was some sort of crime , as it is now some some can be said to be going ott over McLaren as none of know for sure how how he is going shape up here
    There is a thread in the non QPR section that gives a brief over view.
    I agree there was some sort of witch hunt as you put it, and although there was very little that I agreed with in reference to Pinkies support of Ollie, I did my best to respect his opinion and stayed out of the discussion for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

By the way Fraggy why was Pinky banned ? He faced a near wiitch hunt by posters ganging up on him because of his ott suport of Holloway , I myself was accused of being a Holloway supporter because I saw no point in changing the the manager as if it was some sort of crime , as it is now some some can be said to be going ott over McLaren as none of know for sure how how he is going shape up here
    Totally wasn't why he was banned mate. The bloke went out his way to pick a fight with 2 admins. 2 admins who've since been subject to their own witch hunt as it goes.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

I hear ya.
    Interpreting troll or trolling differs from person to person.
    The intention of this forum is to encourage banter, one mans trolling could be another mans belief, I just find that in the past, we were far too quick to judge and pull the trigger.
    It's not like we have a line up of new registrations, and with social media hurting our numbers constantly, it has never been so important as it is now to try and see both sides of a discussion/argument.
    I know its a cliche, but the majority of us are Rs, and therefore we all want what is best for our club.
    In fighting has always been part of our modern history, prior to the internet, we knocked lumps out of each other on the terraces.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied

Tarbs, I know I may be in the minority here, but to my knowledge, at least 2 members have been banned in the last few months just because they were pro Ollie and had a similar posting style to Pinkie.
    As admins, we show due diligence when a new member signs up, by checking their profile and running IP checks.
    I understand it is easy to run a poxy to mask your IP, but those are the checks available to us.
    Now I truly have no way to be 100% certain either way as to whether or not bobby is Pinkie.
    I know those that didn't get a long with Pinkie would only be too happy to see us ban more members who have similar posting styles, just in case there is a slim chance that member is Pinkie.
    Personally I find that a bit sad. I really didn't enjoy IH being our manager last season, but I did not think for one second that Pinkies constant support of IH was wrong. It is his opinion, and therefore should either be respected or ignored. But certain members got off on confronting him. Surely if they found him annoying, they should of just ignored him?
    I cannot speak on behalf of whatever admin/mods that are currently active, but I for one, have not, nor will I vote to ban a fellow R unless I have conclusive proof that it is a banned member attempting to come back on under a new guise just to cause trouble.
    As you wish mate. Very obviously is him though!

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Pinkie shouldn't be banned. In whatever incarnation he appears. He should just give mentioning Ollie a rest.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Now funny you should bring up opinion Fraggs.
    Because yesterday people that agreed with a certain post were accused of trolling.
    Not allowed an opinion as it didn't match with the poster, doing the accusing.
    It's quite strange actually because this has and is creeping into all walks life.
    The referendum, politics, etc.
    When does opinion stop being opinion to the intolerant?
    This is not a comment on posts on this thread btw
    Yes there was a lot of that directed at posters that didn't go along with childish name calling and down right insults directed to the manager last season whatever any manager is good or bad he's just a man TRYING TO DO A JOB

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Because yesterday people that agreed with a certain post were accused of trolling.
    It's quite strange actually because this has and is creeping into all walks life.
    I hear ya.
    Interpreting troll or trolling differs from person to person.
    The intention of this forum is to encourage banter, one mans trolling could be another mans belief, I just find that in the past, we were far too quick to judge and pull the trigger.
    It's not like we have a line up of new registrations, and with social media hurting our numbers constantly, it has never been so important as it is now to try and see both sides of a discussion/argument.
    I know its a cliche, but the majority of us are Rs, and therefore we all want what is best for our club.
    In fighting has always been part of our modern history, prior to the internet, we knocked lumps out of each other on the terraces.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

Tarbs, I know I may be in the minority here, but to my knowledge, at least 2 members have been banned in the last few months just because they were pro Ollie and had a similar posting style to Pinkie.
    As admins, we show due diligence when a new member signs up, by checking their profile and running IP checks.
    I understand it is easy to run a poxy to mask your IP, but those are the checks available to us.
    Now I truly have no way to be 100% certain either way as to whether or not bobby is Pinkie.
    I know those that didn't get a long with Pinkie would only be too happy to see us ban more members who have similar posting styles, just in case there is a slim chance that member is Pinkie.
    Personally I find that a bit sad. I really didn't enjoy IH being our manager last season, but I did not think for one second that Pinkies constant support of IH was wrong. It is his opinion, and therefore should either be respected or ignored. But certain members got off on confronting him. Surely if they found him annoying, they should of just ignored him?
    I cannot speak on behalf of whatever admin/mods that are currently active, but I for one, have not, nor will I vote to ban a fellow R unless I have conclusive proof that it is a banned member attempting to come back on under a new guise just to cause trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

Bobbydunc = Pinkie mate. As such, you're wasting your breath pointing out the the inadequacies of his hero!

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Awin View Post
    Bobbydunc = Pinkie mate. As such, you're wasting your breath pointing out the the inadequacies of his hero!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X