Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

What a daft comment.

Not digging anyone out, just giving my opinion as to why he was unable to affect the game.

And that as you know would of been down to our coach/manager!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

See my recent post Shania, I agree.
      Good.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

I Agree, and on one occasion Mclaren told him to work harder. Mclaren looked quite angry.
        To be fair to Eze he was being moved all over the pitch which for a young player must be confusing. I was surprised at McLaren doing this. Personally, I don't want to see Eze getting stuck in - he could do for us what Adel did under Warnock. He's a luxury that is worth accommodating in a system.......maybe not the way we play at the moment? That's what McLaren will earn his money for.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

And Eze wasn't making runs at all.
          Eze will never run in behind and off Smith that is not his game. He plays with the ball at his feet, driving into space, not play the ball in front of him to run on to. Problem is big Matt cannot direct his headers and hold the ball up, something Bayo Akinfenwa did for Wycombe time and time again, laying it off for Eze with ease...

Comment

To be fair to Eze he was being moved all over the pitch which for a young player must be confusing. I was surprised at McLaren doing this. Personally, I don't want to see Eze getting stuck in - he could do for us what Adel did under Warnock. He's a luxury that is worth accommodating in a system.......maybe not the way we play at the moment? That's what McLaren will earn his money for.
            That could be true. I think Mclaren wanted him to track back when we were complelty overun and he just gave up, But I agree with you that he should be given lots of freedom to dictate the game. Problem yesterday, was that no-one did the watercarrier job for him. On top of that Matt Smith(speed) and BOS(injury?) did not press their decence and our midfield did never seemed to be able to support him. As you imply, he did not have an easy task given how the match developed, or should I say started? We were just overun from the kick-off.
            Last edited by Shania; 05-08-2018, 05:57 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Eze will never run in behind and off Smith that is not his game. He plays with the ball at his feet, driving into space, not play the ball in front of him to run on to. Problem is big Matt cannot direct his headers and hold the ball up, something Bayo Akinfenwa did for Wycombe time and time again, laying it off for Eze with ease...
              I can't see it taking long for McLaren to work this out, that's why he wants Martin. I worry that Eze may be just a bit too young to live up to the role he is clearly destined for. Hope he achieves with us and isn't sold to progress.

Comment

Not his game, I agree. But he was in that position last 15-20 minutes and could have made some runs as he was useless otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

Not his game, I agree. But he was in that position last 15-20 minutes and could have made some runs as he was useless otherwise.
                  Eze was exasperated as was I and many others. Not even little Smyth would of got on the end of Big Matt’s mid-directed headers, the little of which he won. He was dominanted by the centre half Preston pairing.

McLaren should of changed it earlier. We looked a different team with Sylla who put himself about more and made things happen.

Comment

Seem to recall him doing this last season and scoring his first goal!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

I like him but seriously don’t get why he is so rated by so many fans he really does kill our game.
                      Impact sub at best.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Hal I agree with you about ways of playing but he in my view is still not the person to play as you describe.
                        Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have played him in that set up and would only start with him if we more or less set up to maximise his impact.

At this level his stats are very decent which is really surprising when you consider how little service he's had here and at FFC.

I don't like us playing an isolated, one up, back to goal striker irrespective of who takes that role. I've been saying it since JFH, becuase we don't have the quality or speed to link up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post

Seem to recall him doing this last season and scoring his first goal!
                          He did a one two and followed his pass. he had the ball at his feet and started the move. thats quite different from running in behind on the hope of a flick on or demanding a slide rule pass to get in behind the defence

Comment

Could not disagree more with this mindset of players not getting stuck in. He’s paid same as everyone else so should graft with the rest of his team. No more passengers

Comment

He did a one two and followed his pass. he had the ball at his feet and started the move. thats quite different from running in behind on the hope of a flick on or demanding a slide rule pass to get in behind the defence
                              You're new to this board mate, you mustn't argue with Pinkie.........err sorry, bobbydunc

Comment

You're new to this board mate, you mustn't argue with Pinkie.........err sorry, bobbydunc
                                One Bobby Dunc, there's only one Bobby Dunc!

Comment

Working...
                                X