My view, before it starts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view, before it starts..

So.. I've been mostly silent this pre season watching from the side and I am quite happy with what I've seen. We've lost a goalkeeper a bit on the cheap side but they are normally easy to replace, I think Ingram will do well and Lumely will keep him on his toes even though he is the one for the future.
    The back four feels a bit weak as we know, especially without Neds pace and that might show today but with Sainsburys' conctract in China solved and he apparently was in London yesterday it could already be done. To bad Furlong got injured..
    The midfield should be even better than last year with Eze playing every game. I don't think Luke Freeman will be sold now but maybe during the winter window when big teams get desperate for creativity and pays over the top.
    Up front we all know what we have and how SM wants to play, it will be Smith or Sylla as holding unless we loan Chris Martin from Derby and fast guys on the flanks. It should work. I could see this team better than last years, especially with a faster cb together with Toni and Furlong back in the team.

Preston today is tough but they have lost an important defender and they are some strikers short due to injury. As I wrote earlier I think they are too short and I have now layed them @ 1,96 with medium stake due to our away form the last seasons.
    Last edited by erikmata; 04-08-2018, 02:35 PM.

Originally posted by Hove Ranger
    Eze will win the championship young player of the season.........Unless he gets bougtb in Jan
    100% agree.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Eze will be the most fouled player in the championship.

Comment

He'll win the most corners.

Comment

So far so good, looks a bit like last season with a lot of defending without ball, we'll need more of possession and cannot loose the ball in the middle of the pitch. Still, QPR looks better than last season. Preston doesn't impress me much, they look like a midtable team and that's about it..

Comment

Naaah, this one was up for winning but not good enough, the goal by a set play as well..
            It looks as if QPR will be a home team again this season, Preston will hardly do as well as last season.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
              So.. I've been mostly silent this pre season watching from the side and I am quite happy with what I've seen. We've lost a goalkeeper a bit on the cheap side but they are normally easy to replace, I think Ingram will do well and Lumely will keep him on his toes even though he is the one for the future.
              The back four feels a bit weak as we know, especially without Neds pace and that might show today but with Sainsburys' conctract in China solved and he apparently was in London yesterday it could already be done. To bad Furlong got injured..
              The midfield should be even better than last year with Eze playing every game. I don't think Luke Freeman will be sold now but maybe during the winter window when big teams get desperate for creativity and pays over the top.
              Up front we all know what we have and how SM wants to play, it will be Smith or Sylla as holding unless we loan Chris Martin from Derby and fast guys on the flanks. It should work. I could see this team better than last years, especially with a faster cb together with Toni and Furlong back in the team.

Preston today is tough but they have lost an important defender and they are some strikers short due to injury. As I wrote earlier I think they are too short and I have now layed them @ 1,96 with medium stake due to our away form the last seasons.
              Preston are tough, but so are Stoke, WBA , Boro, and then you move down a little and so are Brentford, Norwich.
              Then you have Brizzle, Wigan and it goes on.

Comment

Yup, this season looks closer then ever! I cannot see any team like Fulham or Wolves last year..

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post

Well said and I stated previoisly we'll finish 12-16th and still think that despite the loss today. Unfortunately I can see Freeman leaving before the end of the transfer window to free up money for a CB and CF. We're leaving our signings to the last minute to get the best deals as clubs become desperate to move their unwanted players.

Comment

Working...
                  X