Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revenue Loftus Road, how to increase income

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Why do folk off rich owners bother with the Championship. They'd have more fun betting.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Why do folk off rich owners bother with the Championship. They'd have more fun betting.
      Oh....and invest all takings in the National Lottery

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        I agree Hits say what you like but he got the job done and we were relevant in the game. Now we are just a championship hoping to keep it that way.
        I rather think the job got done after Flavio melted from the scene. and the Mittal's men took control.

        Comment


        • #34
          Whatever your opinion of Flav and Co they did save us when we were seriously in the #### in 2007.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            I wouldn't bet on it 73. Rmember when bungle first came in...... He stuck his own airline on the shirts. Negotiated 10 year deal with dry world only for them to go bust within the first 6 months. Now we have the mighty erra along with royal Farking panda. Major sponsors I think not. Now we have the dof saying there are no parking spaces. Laughable
            Parking spaces

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Whatever your opinion of Flav and Co they did save us when we were seriously in the #### in 2007.
              Can't argue with that.

              Comment


              • #37
                They also gave us a higher profile to generate more revenue and yes he was a nutcase but the man saved us and had a plan and by hook or by crook got it done. What exactly is Ruben's plan for QPR FC?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  They also gave us a higher profile to generate more revenue and yes he was a nutcase but the man saved us and had a plan and by hook or by crook got it done. What exactly is Ruben's plan for QPR FC?
                  True about Tango and Reuben's plan is as yet unknown wind unfulfilled after 7 years.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...ble-says-hoos/


                    QPR CEO Lee Hoos has issued a stark warning about the sustainability of QPR whilst the club remains at Loftus Road.

                    Responding to questions from QPR fan groups about the status of the new stadium project, the club has today published a document outlining the significant constraints of Loftus Road.

                    The R’s have been based at Loftus Road for a hundred years, but the age and size of the stadium, which is not designed for non-matchday use, means the club loses out on millions of pounds of potential revenue every year. Loftus Road is the third smallest capacity ground in the Championship, only ahead of Brentford, who are set to move from their current stadium and Rotherham.

                    Lee Hoos said: “Fan groups have asked us to set out in more detail the reasons we are looking for a new stadium, which is why we have published this document today.

                    “We have to face up to the fact that this club is not financially sustainable in the long term whilst we remain at Loftus Road, and we are running out of possible sites near our current home where we could move to.

                    “The idea of a QPR community stadium – with a new athletics track and community sports facility next door – on the Linford Christie Stadium site represents the only chance of staying in W12.

                    “If we get the go-ahead to pursue this option we will consult with fans about how any new stadium would work and, crucially, how we retain the best characteristics of Loftus Road.

                    “In the meantime, we will continue to do everything we can to highlight to the council that QPR is an important part of this local community and that they should help us stay here for the long term.”

                    Any fans wanting to join the campaign for a new stadium should email SecureRFuture@qpr.co.uk for more information on how to get involved

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                      https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...ble-says-hoos/


                      QPR CEO Lee Hoos has issued a stark warning about the sustainability of QPR whilst the club remains at Loftus Road.

                      Responding to questions from QPR fan groups about the status of the new stadium project, the club has today published a document outlining the significant constraints of Loftus Road.

                      The R’s have been based at Loftus Road for a hundred years, but the age and size of the stadium, which is not designed for non-matchday use, means the club loses out on millions of pounds of potential revenue every year. Loftus Road is the third smallest capacity ground in the Championship, only ahead of Brentford, who are set to move from their current stadium and Rotherham.

                      Lee Hoos said: “Fan groups have asked us to set out in more detail the reasons we are looking for a new stadium, which is why we have published this document today.

                      “We have to face up to the fact that this club is not financially sustainable in the long term whilst we remain at Loftus Road, and we are running out of possible sites near our current home where we could move to.

                      “The idea of a QPR community stadium – with a new athletics track and community sports facility next door – on the Linford Christie Stadium site represents the only chance of staying in W12.

                      “If we get the go-ahead to pursue this option we will consult with fans about how any new stadium would work and, crucially, how we retain the best characteristics of Loftus Road.

                      “In the meantime, we will continue to do everything we can to highlight to the council that QPR is an important part of this local community and that they should help us stay here for the long term.”

                      Any fans wanting to join the campaign for a new stadium should email SecureRFuture@qpr.co.uk for more information on how to get involved
                      Excellent piece by the club, spells out exactly what our only option is. Hopefully now this will stop all speculation and club, local council and supporters can get behind this and make it happen

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I think this also indicates to the fans that they will be looking to leave our spiritual home if the Linford Christie Stadium is rejected. I can see us leaving the borough to be honest.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I think this also indicates to the fans that they will be looking to leave our spiritual home if the Linford Christie Stadium is rejected. I can see us leaving the borough to be honest.
                          if we had to move out of shepherds bush into the likes of ealing for example it'd be sad but still not the worst thing in the world. what would worry me though is if we ended up doing an mk dons and moving wayyy out of london

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            be very sad day leaving LR, but it does need to be done.
                            all I ask for is its still in west London (I know easier said than done) and that our new stadium isn't round with a running track outside the pitch. looks awful and will lose the ''Loftus Road'' feeling.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Agreed, West London is key to the bulk of the fan base. Defo wouldn't do an MK Dons, part of the appeal of us is we are London.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X