Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Bang on General,

Bungle has done more wrong for this club than richard thompson ever did. yet, it was the latter who was hounded out and rightly so, while the former is still being hailed as some kind of demigod by some.

The bloke has and continues to be a car crash of an owner with no clue whatsover on how to run a football club.
    When are people going to realise that Thompson was a good/great at times chairman who was wrongly hounded out by fans.

We weren't going to improve and challenge Man Utd you know...

Our target should be top flight stability and occasional cup runs: you know like it was under Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

When are people going to realise that Thompson was a good/great at times chairman who was wrongly hounded out by fans.

We weren't going to improve and challenge Man Utd you know...

Our target should be top flight stability and occasional cup runs: you know like it was under Thompson
      the rodney marsh issue did it for me.

thompson knew what he was doing when he tried to make rodney dof.

thomson wanted gerry out. that was a step too far for many.

As for bungle, the guy is the clown of clowns...... only thing he has achieved in 7 years is a change of badge.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I'd love us to be challenging at the top.

So what's the solution? The fine for bursting the FFP limits will be paid by the owners.

But we are still under the ongoing constraints of FFP. We can't change FFP

Our income is too low. The only way we can increase this is by selling players or to increase revenue in other ways. In what way? My guess is that getting larger matchday crowds in to boost revenue significantly would be akin to relieving yourself in the ocean and expecting to see the sea level rise.

Alternatively we can reduce costs. Most costs are fixed - Stadium costs etc. One way to reduce costs would be to reduce wages by letting players go. But that strikes as being undesirable, even in a controlled way.

So what is the magical solution?

hint: shouldn't have got into this mess in the first place is not a solution.

Well, it`s not easy you know - It`s tough, as someone said is a different post

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
          Not sure why anyone is surprised.

We could still be relegated at the end of March and have weakened a squad who struggled for most of last season too.

It's not nice reading/hearing reality when it hurts but we should cast aside any unrealistic targets we had formed in our heads.
          ​​​
          What a wise OldR

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            I'd love us to be challenging at the top.

So what's the solution? The fine for bursting the FFP limits will be paid by the owners.

But we are still under the ongoing constraints of FFP. We can't change FFP

Our income is too low. The only way we can increase this is by selling players or to increase revenue in other ways. In what way? My guess is that getting larger matchday crowds in to boost revenue significantly would be akin to relieving yourself in the ocean and expecting to see the sea level rise.

Alternatively we can reduce costs. Most costs are fixed - Stadium costs etc. One way to reduce costs would be to reduce wages by letting players go. But that strikes as being undesirable, even in a controlled way.

So what is the magical solution?

hint: shouldn't have got into this mess in the first place is not a solution.

Well, it`s not easy you know - It`s tough, as someone said is a different post
            how about something that no one has twigged yet.

sponser the stadium. that alone would generate £40-£50 mil a season.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

some of us cannot afford tickets every week Ronnie. think its only fair that if the club are cutting costs, then they should also cut tickets prices so us folk can attend more than a couple of games a season.
              How many "couple of games" by how many people at reduced rates all round would make any difference?

It's reality, struggling for survival, not if but when we collapse as someone melodramatically said today.

Comment

I knew my post would create a mixed reaction but it's how I feel empty promises just don't wash with me anymore
                Really worried about this season and pisseddd off to say not really looking forward to it
                I listened to this bloke for 5 years now and I'm sick of his total crap and I was a TF supporter
                Bring success to QPR or #### off mate ..Time is short in life now days.

Comment

how about something that no one has twigged yet.

sponser the stadium. that alone would generate £40-£50 mil a season.
                  Come up with it!

Sponsoring the stadium is a dead duck. The EFL would spot it a mile away. In their eyes the sponsorship money has to be a realistic economic amount for what is being paid for. What third party would sponsor the stadium for that sort of money? Otherwise it is a soft donation from the owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Say that stuff in May, Les. Or when Steve was appointed. OK? Not on the eve of the first game of the season. FFS. Same with letting the Freeman stories run. It demoralises us. To no end. And some of us have to shell out £92 for train tickets tmw. Leave us our dreams. Today of all days.
                    Same here. Bad timing. Why did he even have to say anything at all the evening before the match. unbeliavble. But I still think we will get a point tomorrow. That would be great, by the way.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      I knew my post would create a mixed reaction but it's how I feel empty promises just don't wash with me anymore
                      Really worried about this season and pisseddd off to say not really looking forward to it
                      I listened to this bloke for 5 years now and I'm sick of his total crap and I was a TF supporter
                      Bring success to QPR or #### off mate ..Time is short in life now days.
                      OK, if he slung his hook what could any incoming owner do? Pouring shed loads of cash into the club doesn't get rid of the FFP issue - the current owners could do that anyway.

Comment

some of us cannot afford tickets every week Ronnie. think its only fair that if the club are cutting costs, then they should also cut tickets prices so us folk can attend more than a couple of games a season.
                        Hit Man I really do not want to be rude, but are you really saying that a couple of quid off here and there, would change the amount of games you would attend? Really!

Comment

The Gowing & Pursey Arena

Comment

how about something that no one has twigged yet..
                            I have a cunning plan.

Comment

How about The Total Fark Up Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                                The Gowing & Pursey Arena
                                Gowing & Pursey are a professional, ethical, and legally compliant skip hire and rubbish removal company in West London?

Using LR as a landfill?
                                Last edited by Undecided; 03-08-2018, 08:11 PM. Reason: We play at LR, not LP

Comment

Working...
                                X