Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Very funny Davie, isn’t it?

Just waiting to see 77 in full meltdown mode when Cousins attracts interest from Millwall.
    LOL. I'd swap him for Robin Cousins, tbh.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      I am.questioning the board and their valuation and stratergy not bumming Freeman to being the next big thing. He is greedy and can be a bit of a show pony with rhe step overs but he did assist a lot of goals last season so based on that is worth a bit more than 3 to 4 million.
      He also scored 5 goals.

I just find it incredibly unbelievable how dumb the club is to be valuing such a player at £3m. Where the ##### do they think they will find another player who can be involved in 15-25 goals a season for a fee between £500k - 2m? It's not like they are easy to find.

Surely if they need to raise funds they need to raise the value of players .

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

This. Let’s met things happen before going to town on club
        It already happened with Smithies, he was sold for £3.5m. That was a low release clause. They are usually inflated values as a deterrent to those clubs looking for a player on the cheap.

Comment

• The Club aren't exactly rubbishing the rumour.

Comment

• TF tweeted to a fan the Freeman wasn't for sale.

Comment

• Tony Fernandes tweeted this.......... Austin has 6 months left on his contract. I stand by smithes. And we have got two good goalkeepers to replace him. Freeman not for sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

It already happened with Smithies, he was sold for £3.5m. That was a low release clause. They are usually inflated values as a deterrent to those clubs looking for a player on the cheap.
                not rowing but would you prefer he had left on a free in the summer??? What if the only reason he extended contract last year was if clause was that low and if we said no he said cool not renewing and I walk for nothing. What’s view to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  Tony Fernandes tweeted this.......... Austin has 6 months left on his contract. I stand by smithes. And we have got two good goalkeepers to replace him. Freeman not for sale.
                  He's making the right noises to push the price up. In the scenario as Smithies we are overloaded with midfieldets now. Mass or Freeman could go, but not both. We do need to sell due to ongoing operating losses which need to be cut yo prepare for the drop in sky money next season. A bid of £5m plus add on for promotion will see him off.

Comment

• Why is he tweeting anything when he is no longer in charge? He stands by Smithies sale. Shows what he knows when we are going into a season with 2 keepers who have never played a full season in the championship.

Comment

• The discontent on this site at the moment is incredible. Has everyone failed to notice that we are having a great pre-season and we're playing some really nice football?

Comment

• Tarbie. We have done well pre season and it is a shame that fans are pissed off with things but it is understandable. If the rumour of the board rating Freeman at 3 million then we need to worry as that is Fire sale mentality because in todays market and how players are rated he is a 6 to 8 million pound player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          The discontent on this site at the moment is incredible. Has everyone failed to notice that we are having a great pre-season and we're playing some really nice football?
                          Yep. And most of it seems to be based on pure speculation.
                          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Tarbie. We have done well pre season and it is a shame that fans are pissed off with things but it is understandable. If the rumour of the board rating Freeman at 3 million then we need to worry as that is Fire sale mentality because in todays market and how players are rated he is a 6 to 8 million pound player.
                              But he hasn't gone anywhere yet mate. You just said yourself it's a rumour.

Personally I'm looking on the bright side. Good young team, proven manager that plays good football. Yeah, we've got a few problems, but that's life ain't it?!!

Comment

• brilliant response to 'freeman is not for sale' statement.... he's just trying to start a bidding war, there's a fire sale going on etc.

maybe, he isn't for sale unless an attractive bid comes in.

Comment

Working...
                                X