No announcement yet.

Luke Freeman rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clickbait Utd now in for Freeman. Only clubs with large fanbases can be mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      Sheffield United apparently now in for Freeman. Bidding war?
      you'd hope so. i don't want freeman to leave as he's a key source of assists and brings experience to our attack but if the right offer came in and we had a replacement lined up then why not?

i like marcus maddison from peterbrough and apparently his release clause is only a million, he'd be a good replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

My point being a player is only worth what another club are willing to pay for him. Smithies was valued by most on here,including myself at about £6 million but we only got half that because that's all Cardiff would pay. Freeman is also worth around £6 million but if Cardiff or Villa or Rotherham for that matter offered £3 million I think the club would sell him for that amount
        I agree, and not least because £3m still represents a big profit for us. We only paid, what, £300-350k?
        That said, I still think we should hold out for more than that or, better yet, not sell at all.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You would hope the board realise that we are 2 to 3 players short going into the season this weekend. We cannot bail ourselves out in January like in previous years. Does anyone think.we will go with what we have right now for the season?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            You would hope the board realise that we are 2 to 3 players short going into the season this weekend. We cannot bail ourselves out in January like in previous years. Does anyone think.we will go with what we have right now for the season?
            I don't think we will sign anyone before Saturday, but I'm pretty sure we can get loans in until the end of August so we would be stupid not to, especially with the embargo in January. We have a good enough mid-table squad imo, but it's a thin one, and 2 or 3 injuries could see us in big trouble.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Again we must consider whether £3m is the release clause in his contract in which all interested clubs will make that bid and its up to the player who he wants to join.

Im starting to think this may be a policy of ours, to sign players on wages they can be bettered elsewhere, but with releases clauses so they can get a better than normal when they move on. I think I heard one club saying plsayers can have a standard wage now, or less with a low release clause. This gives players a shop window by playing for the club if they think their capable of playing at a higher standard in the future. Perhaps this is the route we're taking to get a squad within our budget.

Comment

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/948219115?-294:802:3

Comment

That's good news, let's hope we stick to that.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Loosing Freeman is not the end of the world as Eze plays the same position.

Comment

I don't get the bidding war thing. If a club makes an offer and we accept it, I don't think we can then go back and say we want more because someone else has offered more. All we can do is accept the higher bid aswell. I don't see why any club would offer more once we have accepted a bid anyway. We can't decide to only sell to the highest bidder as, ultimately, it's up to the player to decide which club to go to if there's a choice. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        I don't get the bidding war thing. If a club makes an offer and we accept it, I don't think we can then go back and say we want more because someone else has offered more. All we can do is accept the higher bid aswell. I don't see why any club would offer more once we have accepted a bid anyway. We can't decide to only sell to the highest bidder as, ultimately, it's up to the player to decide which club to go to if there's a choice. Or am I misunderstanding something?
                        Well we haven't accepted a bid from any club have we ??
                        if this is right we open to any offer from any club that might out bid any other interested club

Comment

That's fine if the bids come in thick and fast but I suspect that as soon as we receive a bid that is acceptable we will accept it.

Comment

You mean like buying a house?. Until contracts are signed nothing is sacred.
                            It's called gazumping.

Comment

That's fine if the bids come in thick and fast but I suspect that as soon as we receive a bid that is acceptable we will accept it.
                              I don’t. I see it Like this. We need to find 1.7million quid per season to pay the fine. We’ve already sold smithies. Mclaren has said we don’t need to sell. Why would we accept the first bid we get? We’ve got a bill to pay for sure but let’s be honest it’s not astronomical and we shouldn’t be offloading our better players for peanuts to pay this fine. We’ve just got to be sensible that’s all

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

I don’t. I see it Like this. We need to find 1.7million quid per season to pay the fine. We’ve already sold smithies. Mclaren has said we don’t need to sell. Why would we accept the first bid we get? We’ve got a bill to pay for sure but let’s be honest it’s not astronomical and we shouldn’t be offloading our better players for peanuts to pay this fine. We’ve just got to be sensible that’s all
                                The owners are taking care of the fine. The club have nothing to pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X