Luke Freeman rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From West London Sport.

So far there has been no sign of any concrete interest in Freeman – or any other Rangers player this summer with the exception of Alex Smithies, who joined Cardiff.

Freeman is ambitious and QPR, who are well aware of this, would certainly consider an offer for him if it potentially paved the way for them to reinvest in the squad.

QPR fans can expect the ambitious Freeman to be touted for a move ahead of the transfer deadline

Even after the recent sale of goalkeeper Smithies, Rangers remain close to their Financial Fair Play limit and are therefore still looking primarily at loans and free transfers. Another player sale is probably needed in order for that to change.

The Sunday People say Freeman is rated at £3m. QPR would hope for higher offers than that and, in the event of an approach being made, intend to point to statistics from last season which compare him favourably with Fulham’s Tom Cairney, who was touted as being worth around £20m prior to recently signing a new contract.

Incidentally though, even £3m would represent a substantial profit made on a player signed for £350,000 just 18 months ago.

That cheap acquisition was possible because Freeman had just six months remaining on his contract and made it clear he would not sign a new deal, leaving Bristol City facing a choice between accepting a low offer or losing him for nothing at the end of that season.

QPR will not want his market value to similarly drop during his time with them. Freeman, 26, is under contract until 2020.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If we get an offer of 6 to 8 million then I would punt him on especially if we could get a few players needed in other areas of the squad. If they were to accept 3 million that would tell you they are still as clueless now as when they arrived 7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        We can't afford to sell freeman. A bloody good player and and it would be a huge mistake to sell to a rival
        This. It would be insane. So it will probably happen.

Comment

No way is he worth less than 12 to 15m.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Since our fine the vultures are lining up. Wrong for hoos to say it won't effect our budget and incoming signings, clearly it has
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We have to accept that we now need to sell a player at least each window/year to fund squad improvements. The one thing we need to do is get contracts tied up and value our players based on the market at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Since our fine the vultures are lining up. Wrong for hoos to say it won't effect our budget and incoming signings, clearly it has
                He can always say no to them. "This is not a carcass, so not for sale at your opportunist prices. Shoo, shoo , be away with you"
                (or words to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

He can always say no to them. "This is not a carcass, so not for sale at your opportunist prices. Shoo, shoo , be away with you"
                  (or words to that effect.
                  agreed. i don't have an issue with us selling our players for big bucks as it's what every other club is doing nowadays and it's something we especially need to consider given our constraints. i don't agree with us selling players like freeman for 3m though at all, especially to clubs with bags of money. other clubs like brentford and norwich (who both aren't gunna be promoted anytime soon) are able to sell their best players for over inflated prices so why aren't we? the likes of freeman, luongo and smithies are brilliant at this level and could/should easily be playing in the prem or competing at the top end of the championship. freeman especially would do wonders at middlesbrough or west brom so we shouldn't even entertain an offer so low, in today's market it shouldn't be a penny less than 8m. we gotta start bringing in the cash and reinvesting it, not jumping at the first available offer.

Comment

Just to clarify are we criticising and slamming TF and club because some unknown journalist has said WBA are interested and going to offer 3mil even though there is no evidence this is actually true story

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Just to clarify are we criticising and slamming TF and club because some unknown journalist has said WBA are interested and going to offer 3mil even though there is no evidence this is actually true story
                      Lol. Couldn’t make it up

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        No way is he worth less than 12 to 15m.
                        How much is smithies worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

How much is smithies worth?
                          £3m

Comment

What I do not get is how every other team over prices their players and get the fee that they demand. We seem to really have a problem on that front and if valued accurately can mean only needing to sell one player instead of two and actually replacing players with a bit more quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

£3m
                              My point being a player is only worth what another club are willing to pay for him. Smithies was valued by most on here,including myself at about £6 million but we only got half that because that's all Cardiff would pay. Freeman is also worth around £6 million but if Cardiff or Villa or Rotherham for that matter offered £3 million I think the club would sell him for that amount

Comment

Sheffield United apparently now in for Freeman. Bidding war?

Comment

Working...
                                X