X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Let's hope your right dave,I was very annoyed we sold Smithies ,but If Eze ,mass ,Smith or Freeman were to be sold as well I'd be gutted. Very tough season ahead,we need luke freeman .
    Agreed. The Luke Freeman I saw against Union Berlin was the real deal. The teamplayer Freeman, not the showpony.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

We don't have to sell, ask for the moon and get the stars Reb.
    If these teams who want our players say no thanks then we keep a very good player
    Can't believe for a minute our board need telling this tbh
    Let's hope your right dave,I was very annoyed we sold Smithies ,but If Eze ,mass ,Smith or Freeman were to be sold as well I'd be gutted. Very tough season ahead,we need luke freeman .

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

You REALLY believe this,Shania saying £12 million is worse but if offered £3 million I believe our board will sell.
    We don't have to sell, ask for the moon and get the stars Reb.
    If these teams who want our players say no thanks then we keep a very good player
    Can't believe for a minute our board need telling this tbh

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
    Been told that Bob Mortimer has been tweeting (or something) that Middlesboro are after freeman - anyone heard owt?
    Apparently we voted brexit too

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Think people are not understanding this fine properly. We don’t have to sell. Smithies had a release clause, can’t comment about the rest because I don’t know but don’t expect us to sell if the player doesn’t want to go and I especially don’t expect us to take low offers if we don’t have to ie no release clause.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Rebel. I am saying as we do not HAVE to sell we should ramp up the price like Norwich did for Maddison.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    No need for a conversation if below 8 million.
    You REALLY believe this,Shania saying £12 million is worse but if offered £3 million I believe our board will sell.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Our best players ,Smithies ,Eze, Smith ,Mass and Freeman. .....Smithies gone for peanuts ,if we lose freeman as well we could find ourselves in trouble (relegation ),the money won't be spent on a suitable replacement so I hope this is just a stupid rumour,otherwise McClaren will need to do a fantastic job just to keep us up

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    No need for a conversation if below 8 million.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    To some extent if clubs move late the price goes up so if there is truth with nine days left of window I would be saying you better wack premium on what you were offering

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    It's all in the transfer and twitter rumour thread....

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

I don’t. I see it Like this. We need to find 1.7million quid per season to pay the fine. We’ve already sold smithies. Mclaren has said we don’t need to sell. Why would we accept the first bid we get? We’ve got a bill to pay for sure but let’s be honest it’s not astronomical and we shouldn’t be offloading our better players for peanuts to pay this fine. We’ve just got to be sensible that’s all
    That's fine and I agree. I'm not saying we should accept the first bid we get. The key word here is acceptable. If we receive a bid and we deem it acceptable, we will accept. Thereafter, I can't see any other club doing anything other than matching that. Offering more money won't achieve anything as we've already accepted a lower offer.

If we get multiple bids in quick succession then yes, we have the luxury of only accepting the higher bids but I really don't see that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

I don’t. I see it Like this. We need to find 1.7million quid per season to pay the fine. We’ve already sold smithies. Mclaren has said we don’t need to sell. Why would we accept the first bid we get? We’ve got a bill to pay for sure but let’s be honest it’s not astronomical and we shouldn’t be offloading our better players for peanuts to pay this fine. We’ve just got to be sensible that’s all
    The owners are taking care of the fine. The club have nothing to pay.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    That's fine if the bids come in thick and fast but I suspect that as soon as we receive a bid that is acceptable we will accept it.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    I don't get the bidding war thing. If a club makes an offer and we accept it, I don't think we can then go back and say we want more because someone else has offered more. All we can do is accept the higher bid aswell. I don't see why any club would offer more once we have accepted a bid anyway. We can't decide to only sell to the highest bidder as, ultimately, it's up to the player to decide which club to go to if there's a choice. Or am I misunderstanding something?
    You mean like buying a house?. Until contracts are signed nothing is sacred.
    It's called gazumping.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X