Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Acton
    replied
    McLean reminds me of Mackie all pace and heart. I don’t rate him personally but until now he has been prem player so must have something about him

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Like I said before, lets see how they fare in the same league. Gut instict for me is that McClean will do fck all in this division while Freeman will contnue to rack up the assists.
    I hope you’re right!

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    He has been for the last how many years? Slight difference from a former Bristol City & now mighty QPR player haha
    Like I said before, lets see how they fare in the same league. Gut instict for me is that McClean will do fck all in this division while Freeman will contnue to rack up the assists.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Fair point. Maybe it is just media talk or perhaps they have some inside knowledge after all how do they know what players earn or their release clause?

If he isn’t for sale then make a statement on the website to that effect.

Anyway, we will just have to see what happens.
    They have made that statement through Tone's ####ter update

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Have the club placed a £3m valuation on him? I thought it was the media who had done that.....?
    Fair point. Maybe it is just media talk or perhaps they have some inside knowledge after all how do they know what players earn or their release clause?

If he isn’t for sale then make a statement on the website to that effect.

Anyway, we will just have to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Have the club placed a £3m valuation on him? I thought it was the media who had done that.....?
    It’s QPR. We’ll end up paying them money for him to leave.

Its the Rangers way!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

He also scored 5 goals.

I just find it incredibly unbelievable how dumb the club is to be valuing such a player at £3m. Where the ###### do they think they will find another player who can be involved in 15-25 goals a season for a fee between £500k - 2m? It's not like they are easy to find.

Surely if they need to raise funds they need to raise the value of players .

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    He has been for the last how many years? Slight difference from a former Bristol City & now mighty QPR player haha

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied

If he was as good as you think he'd be in the PL. It's not that hard to work out tbh.
    So would MacClean...

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied

Yeah you are right....anyone who plays in the PL is absolutely fantastic and much better than anyone outside the PL. Especially if they had a good season 8 years ago.

Maybe we should try and re-sign Aaron Hughes for our defensive issue...he's got PL and International experience.
    If he was as good as you think he'd be in the PL. It's not that hard to work out tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Fair point, but for me comparing the two is daft. MacLean is an established PL and Intl player. .
    Yeah you are right....anyone who plays in the PL is absolutely fantastic and much better than anyone outside the PL. Especially if they had a good season 8 years ago.

Maybe we should try and re-sign Aaron Hughes for our defensive issue...he's got PL and International experience.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post

I don't see his comparison as a strange one tbh. I think he's making the point that you look at a players current form/ability rather than using career stats to compare them.

I'm sure Freeman would've had a look in at international level if he were Irish like McLean. They aren't exactly blessed with great talent.
    Fair point, but for me comparing the two is daft. MacLean is an established PL and Intl player. Freeman is decent but he's not exactly Maradona! Saw plentyyyyyyyy of folk on here last season slating him for not turning up on many occasions. I think the market value is not far off his worth tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    If he doesn't start scoring i can see him being possibly used as a winger.
    Wing back?

Oh no, sorry, that was last year.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied

Not sure what that has to do with Luke Freeman and James McLean? Strange

Oh and I'd take the Rob Green, England International that we signed before ruining his confidence by signing a 100k a week Brazilian keeper.
    I don't see his comparison as a strange one tbh. I think he's making the point that you look at a players current form/ability rather than using career stats to compare them.

I'm sure Freeman would've had a look in at international level if he were Irish like McLean. They aren't exactly blessed with great talent.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied

None and probably never will do.

Who would you have out of Rob Green (with considerable PL and International experience) and Smithies ?
    Not sure what that has to do with Luke Freeman and James McLean? Strange

Oh and I'd take the Rob Green, England International that we signed before ruining his confidence by signing a 100k a week Brazilian keeper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X