Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Sky saying that Burnley have had a bid of £15m accepted for Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson. So they now have £15m more to spend. So if they want Freeman we gotta make them spend that money. But going back to Freeman saying he's not for sale..... He may not want to move up there to an area that is one of the worst in the country. He's a London lad so will probably want to stay in the south if he leaves. Lets see if Middlesbrough come in with an improved offer

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Freeman staying on Sky...Not for sale.
    Hope Ollie stays on Sky...

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    North’s I got same prob. Think it’s because of merged threads but it’s pretty annoying. Happens on all merged threads for me
    Prefer the old version of the website

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    When you put it like that Klonk it is a hell of a lot bleaker than we realise. Going into a season where survival is the aim is not the best.

Leave a comment:

• klonk
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Yep you have a point but we sold season after season them.ultimately the crown jewels went which then took us a veey long time to recover from. If ww keep selling now at some point there will be nothing left to sell and thats when we will be in the brown stuff.
    more to the point... we don't really have so many sellable players at the moment.

smithies has gone.
    no defender is particularly valuable.
    freeman and luongo are sellable for £3-6m, but even scowen wouldn't command much of a fee (£1m?).
    smith, sylla and pav might get some interest, but not a huge amount in fees.

that could change with a decent season or two.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Yep you have a point but we sold season after season them.ultimately the crown jewels went which then took us a veey long time to recover from. If ww keep selling now at some point there will be nothing left to sell and thats when we will be in the brown stuff.

Leave a comment:

• klonk
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    If we are to become a selling club then at some point the cupboard will be bare and we will be bang in troible just like in the mid 90's when we sold ferdinand himself. How are we ever going to build a team that will be competetive when we are all about selling our best players?
    the problem in the mid 90s wasn't so much selling evil les... it was what we spent the money on - an ageing mark hately, ned "versatile as an egg" zelic and simon "get me out of here" osborn.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Freeman staying on Sky...Not for sale.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Talks have ended with boro as Qpr saying he’s not leaving, end of debate!

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    If we are to become a selling club then at some point the cupboard will be bare and we will be bang in troible just like in the mid 90's when we sold ferdinand himself. How are we ever going to build a team that will be competetive when we are all about selling our best players?

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    North’s I got same prob. Think it’s because of merged threads but it’s pretty annoying. Happens on all merged threads for me

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    At this stage of the window if you got 6_8m it's likely it would be too late to spend it on any quality so imo 73 it would be better to stick with him
    Getting the money in too late to spend it will probably be seen as ideal by those running the club. Pocket the money and they know most fans will have forgotten about it by next summer when we can start buying again.

​​​​Btw, is this thread buggered for anyone else? Keeps putting me on page 4 of 6 whenever I click on it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    FK me has he gone? No, still probably crap talk, why is everyone getting uptight when there is no sale.

Leave a comment:

• klonk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

He is full of it mate.

Quotes of, 'we don't need to sell' 'Freeman is not for sale'
    "building for the future"

The only redeeming factor for this is if the club get crazy money for him, something like 10mil and that all the money will be given to steve to strengthen the squad
    ​​​
    If we don't need to sell then Mc should be given All of it.
    i think "we don't need to sell" came from mcclaren rather than uncle.

look, we all know that the club does need to sell - financially, without player sales, we don't generate sufficient income to cover our current costs. currently, we can only balance our books through making profits on player sales (although that should hopefully stop being the case in the next few years). what the club needs to do, is make sure that it gets best value when it does sell players. like most, i think that smithies was undervalued (although accounts-wise, even at £3m we sold at a big profit), it's important that we don't sell one of our few creative players for three packets of crisps, a used vauxhall estate and some luncheon vouchers.

yes - it would be great if someone came in with a £10m offer for washington or another of the regular non-favourites, but it's not actually likely to happen. oddly enough, other teams will tend to be more interested in our best players than the ones that supporters want rid of.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Does go with Les article in Standard stating we are a selling club. Pre warning perhaps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X