No need to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to sell

This was stated by Steve Mclaren when asked about the interest from three Championship clubs to sign Freeman. He seemed determined no to weakened the team. That's what I would like to read.

They can say what they like in an interview. He's not going to spill the beans and say we're in desperate straits and any money from transfers is going to be used to keep us afloat until we can't pump water fast enough.

Comment

Presumably the Smithies money went towards the payment of the EFL's court costs so we have another £1.7m to make up this year...

All of our players are for sale at the right cost.

Comment

The owners confuse me. From spunk millions and go for it to 'what's the cheapest'

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          The owners confuse me. From spunk millions and go for it to 'what's the cheapest'
          FFP has put an end to their spending unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
            Yeah but that's relative too, as every player in the world has his price, even for PSG, Real Madrid, Barca, Citeh etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yeah but that's relative too, as every player in the world has his price, even for PSG, Real Madrid, Barca, Citeh etc.
              As shown by the Neymer transfer from Barcelona to PSG.

Comment

As shown by the Neymer transfer from Barcelona to PSG.

Except of course PSG didn’t pay a single Euro of Neymar’s transfer fee ! Qatar paid it all !!
                100% of it was paid to Neymar, who paid roughly 70% of it to Barca for his get out clause. The rest he pocketed.
                Qatar paid all that money and in return, Neymar will be a key spokesperson, ambassador for the 2022 World Cup.

PSG, however, are paying his exhorbitant weekly wage.

Comment

Presumably the Smithies money went towards the payment of the EFL's court costs so we have another £1.7m to make up this year...

We don't need to make another £1.7m, as the fine is not included in the FFP calculations. So the owners can pay it out of their own money - as they've promised.

Even so, I'll be glad to get to the end of the transfer window - hopefully with a couple of player in, to guard against serious injuries this season.

Comment

Perhaps we don't need to sell. But it certainly don't think it would hurt if we could shift 1 or 2 on. Despite what you might think reading this site, we actually have a very big squad. Alright a lot of those are kids on low wages, but if they are playing well, we won't get away with them being on low wages for long.

I think we need to get used to the new ethos of the club. We're a conveyor belt. We will scour the lower leagues for talent, sniff out decent players around our level who's contracts have run down, and we'll look to pick up talented young players that have been discarded by bigger clubs. The idea being to pick players up for small transfer fees or for free, help them improve as players and then move them on a few years later for a lot more money. As much as people are complaining about what we got for Smithies, we certainly made good money on him. Just as we will for Freeman when he goes, even if it is only 3m quid that we get. Admittedly, I'm hoping for more than 3m, but let's not forget that we signed the guy for 350k just 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rogp View Post

We don't need to make another £1.7m, as the fine is not included in the FFP calculations. So the owners can pay it out of their own money - as they've promised.

Even so, I'll be glad to get to the end of the transfer window - hopefully with a couple of player in, to guard against serious injuries this season.
                      Fingers crossed that you're right but the cynic in me wonders why they haven't already paid the £17m - which they can more than easily afford to do - to get that elephant off our back and asked for 10 years to pay.

Comment

Fingers crossed that you're right but the cynic in me wonders why they haven't already paid the £17m - which they can more than easily afford to do - to get that elephant off our back and asked for 10 years to pay.
                        They probably haven't paid it because there is no interest to pay and as long as the money stays with the owners they can earn interest on it themselves.
                        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

They probably haven't paid it because there is no interest to pay and as long as the money stays with the owners they can earn interest on it themselves.
                          Exactly that, or keep the money invested so as to generate higher returns.

Comment

He'll have no say (McLaren) if they want to sell they will, I think he knew what he was coming into when he took the job

Comment

A loan is defined as money you want paying back and usually with interest. My understanding is this is not a loan, but a debt which has been converted to equity by the shareholders, thus eliminating any debt / interest against the club.

This is the major difference between the situation now and the one Chris Wright left us in, as an example, because in that case it WAS a loan which he later called back in, which then pushed the club into administration.

Comment

Working...
                              X